*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

Least favorite track is the joint with Joi. Just can’t get with the production. Easy skip.
I prefer that track over 1999, and hell it ain't that bad... Either could be good for the radio. Seen a article where he broke down every record and the track with Joi was about him moving from Mississippi to Atlanta then eventually to L.A.

Aux Cord
Bury Me in Gold
Get Away
Mixed Messages
Subenstein
Justin Scott
Keep the devil Off
Big Bank

In that order. Krit delivered

Just copped the physical copy for the ride.

Going back a couple pages... I wouldn't knock anyone suggesting KRIT is the best "newcomer" of the last 10 years. Personally, I'd take Kendrick but that's not to take anything away from KRIT. Dude has consistently been the man on the boards and the mic.

I can't pick a favorite yet but Miss Georgia Fornia is an ode to the blues and about Mississippi... Joi performance on the track is outstanding and gives you that vibe. Beautiful song and feels so classic.

The features on this album are so good and work so well! Like they all went to work for KRIT and delivered top notch performances. TI and Bun verses were A1! Jill Scott and Joi A1! Sleepy Brown and Ceelo, Classic! Lloyd sounded brand new! Mannie Fresh!! we need more from him, he is missed! The musicians on the light!! Well done to all of them!

"This mouth of mine has turned down water for wine"

Sheesh hit me like a brick this morning. Love Krit. One of the few artists who can makes me rewind time and time again and let the words really leave a mark

Miss Georgia Fornia, Drinking Sessions, Mixed Messages, Get Away, and Everlasting are probably my favorites after two listens, but I can't think of a song that I dislike.

KRIT blessed the people with this one. I'm going to have to see if there's a vinyl.

^
KRIT and Dutch both said vinyl is on the way.

Been pullin up to the red light all weekend with my sub iv knocking making these white folks uncomfortable. :lol:

giphy.gif

Only song I really feel like skipping on here is Everlasting. Otherwise, it's dope all the way through.

Really thorough body of work. That verse on the Intro is still crazy tho.

Have listened to the first part several times, and this is incredible. There's not a song I don't like at all, even the "weaker" ones like Confetti and 1999, the latter of which could be the perfect radio song that Def Jam had been looking for like somebody sound. Had the disgusted face playing the first 7 songs while driving, my speakers could barely handle it

What can I add here that hasn't already been said. This is easily his best album yet. Played all the way through like R4 or K.R.I.T. Way better than LFTU and Cadillactica. 'It's a Classic!' :pimp:

s/o to definition of dopeness definition of dopeness for the BTNH reference on Layup. I was thinking that same thing there the way he draaaaged words for the harmony. They'd slide in really nicely on there. 'It's a Classic!'

Big Bank slander is not appreciated tho. LOL. T.I. lost his mind on that verse. 'You a hatin *** ninja, It's a Classic!'

Subenstein and Ride Wit Me are clear stand outs to me. Was that a new BunB verse or a recycled oldie? 'It's still a Classic!'

Least favorite track has gotta be Keep the Devil Off followed by Confetti. .....but 'It's still a Classic!' :lol:

IT'S DA WEEKEEEEEEEEEEEND!!!

Country. Rap. Tunes. :pimp:

Get up 2 come down sound like some 98 Dungeon Family ****.

Gotta Love the several references to Pimp C from CeeLo. Been a minute since I heard him like that.

Justin Scott has been on constant repeat throughout the day.

Loving that live instrumental! Reminded me of something David Banner would do. Super soulful jam session type stuff.

I have to agree with you on this one, that's the only song on the album I think is trash. Big Bank is weak to me too

2nd half of the album >>> the first

Sounds like you enjoy soulful melodies over the 'bangers'. I feel you on that sometimes, I truly appreciated that 2nd half too. How has no one mentioned 'The Light' or 'Highter Calling' yet?!?

Everlasting was pretty dope. Made me reminisce on past flames like 'Go' did from Common. 'It's a Classic!'

Last edited:
Get Away and Higher Calling stay on repeat. The sample used in Get Away is just plain ill. Jill Scott was Jill Scott on Higher Calling. I told a friend of mine yesterday that this album is soul music and one of the best albums I've heard in 2017. Consistent, cohesive, and comprehensive describes this album.

Confetti when it was first released left me a bit underwhelmed but its placement on the album makes it so much better to me.

I cant remember where I saw the reference but someone wrote its like Mike Tyson walking to the ring. Since then I have just had that visual embedded in my mind. Like picture Tyson introing to this, getting his title back from some undeserving champion. The beat is just infectious to me. and I randomly quote that "We all up in the club like Sincere on Belly..." lol

Dont get the 1999 slander. Thats a hit. My lady loves it.

Confetti when it was first released left me a bit underwhelmed but its placement on the album makes it so much better to me.

I cant remember where I saw the reference but someone wrote its like Mike Tyson walking to the ring. Since then I have just had that visual embedded in my mind. Like picture Tyson introing to this, getting his title back from some undeserving champion. The beat is just infectious to me. and I randomly quote that "We all up in the club like Sincere on Belly..." lol

Dont get the 1999 slander. Thats a hit. My lady loves it.

Agreed, the album placement made that song better. As a stand alone single, it didn't really move me.

But 1999 has got to be the next single! That song will be a hit in and out of the clubs & radio waves. Lloyd a fool for saying, 'I be licking *****, Kissing *******, & sucking toes'. :lol:
My man really put it out there.

1999 smooth as hell. Young Lloyd need to get back on his grind.

Agreed, the album placement made that song better. As a stand alone single, it didn't really move me.

But 1999 has got to be the next single! That song will be a hit in and out of the clubs & radio waves. Lloyd a fool for saying, 'I be licking *****, Kissing *******, & sucking toes'. :lol:
My man really put it out there.

I was :rofl: :rofl: hearing that cause it was so unexpected

Saw this other day. Pretty nice

Still have only heard half of the first tape. I can confirm 1999 and big Bank were underwhelming. 1999 is filler

Layup and get away are dope as hell.

The last part of my sub (as usual) FLAMES

Joint getting better and better. Outside of 1999, Big bank and confetti this joint is dope.

I just can’t rock with TI anymore man...I miss I’m serious tip. I understand the growth but the delivery is just wack now.

Justin Scott make me wanna smoke one...like real playa **** from the 70’s.

Back
Top Bottom