*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

Sounds like you enjoy soulful melodies over the 'bangers'. I feel you on that sometimes, I truly appreciated that 2nd half too. How has no one mentioned 'The Light' or 'Highter Calling' yet?!?

I like the bangers, but the 2nd half is why Krit is my favorite rapper. He can up the conscience stuff without boring me to death

You been runnin' long enough to get a...
150312-clesas-2.jpg
You been drivin' long enough to get a...
miami-heats-lebron-james-soars-over-new-york-knicks-tyson-chandler-l-on-his-way-to-a-layup-basket-in-the-first-half-during-their-nba-basketball-game-in-new-york-april-15-2012.jpg

You been hustlin' long enough to get a...
iguodala-circus.jpg

You been passed up long enough to get a...
Screen_Shot_2014-02-09_at_11.40.33_PM.png

I like the bangers, but the 2nd half is why Krit is my favorite rapper. He can up the conscience stuff without boring me to death

This. That's a huge plus.

Agreed with both of you guys. It's the category that truly separates a good rap artist from a good hip-hop artist. (Although this definition is highly dependent on the how one defines the terms rap and HH)

Him being able to mix in the blues and soul almost effortlessly is what I truly that reminds me of rap I grew on. Dungeon Fam/UGK/8Ball & MJG type of stuff. Again, David Banner is also really good at doing this musically, but can fall short as a rapper. KRIT blends it all together so well without the loss of lyricism.

I just can’t rock with TI anymore man...I miss I’m serious tip. I understand the growth but the delivery is just wack now.

Seriously didn't enjoy his delivery on Big Bank? I thought his flow here was perfect. Reminded me of a younger TI.

His delivery + the beat. Shine on rerun? 'It's a Classic!'

does anyone know what song is sampled in get away?

He went in and out of so many different flows on here, it just clicked he used Scarface flow on Get Up 2 Come Down.

On pace to sell 30K first week w/ streams. 30K independent is a good look..and him outselling Gotti and Ty$ w/ no machine behind him is dope.

Kenny Chesney (Blue Chair/Columbia Nashville) 195-205k SPS, 190-200k album
Kelly Clarkson (Atlantic) 70-80k, 60-70k
Big K.R.I.T. (BMG) 30-35k, 21-24k
Ty Dolla Sign (Atlantic) 27-30k, 5-8k
Yo Gotti (Epic) 21-24k, 10-12k
Theory of a Deadman(Roadrunner) 19-22k, 18-21k
RED (Essential) 19-22k, 18-21k
The Piano Guys (Masterworks) 19-21k SPS, 19-21k album
Hollywood Undead (BMG) 18-21k, 17-20k
Weezer (Crush/Atlantic) 15-18k, 13-15k
Yelawolf(Slumerican/Shady/Interscope) 14-17k, 12-15k
Granger Smith (Wheelhouse) 11-14k, 10-12k
Rachel Platten (Columbia) 8-10k, 8-7k

Damn good for him. Look at them pure sales numbers btw. I always find it interesting that some popular rappers have such low pure sales compared to artists in other genres. Im glad to be one of those that supported & copped a CD

So I one of those few southern born and raised folk that never got into Krit, would this album make me a believer?

first album >>>>> the second.

overall this is definitely his best album Imo, still falls a bit short of projects mentioned above like return of 4eva, and my other favorite 4eva and a day.

glad he's getting success, maybe he will finally blow up

overall this is definitely his best album Imo, still falls a bit short of projects mentioned above like return of 4eva, and my other favorite 4eva and a day.

He already blew tbh, especially with the numbers mentioned earlier. I feel you're talking mainstream success which is another story but 'mainstream' don't seem to fit Krit anyway. As long as he can do mainstream numbers or close to it he should be good. Tons of underground/mainstream artist...well not tons but a good bit

ehh. I feel you. but I feel like most artists wanna be the guy, its room in the mainstream for krit, he's surely getting newfound success so I don't see it as impossible tbh

Came in here to type essentially the same thing, though I think it might take more time before I decide where it sits compared to Return of 4Eva and 4eva N a Day.

The beat switch and chorus on Subenstein (My Sub IV) is absolute fire. I replayed the song immediately when I was listening to the album all the way through for the first time.

Out of curiosity, how would you guys rank the My Sub tracks 1-4? I'd probably go 4>1>2>3

3>1>4>2 for me.

Was at a live show and "2 FIFTEENS...FIFTEENS, I GOT 2 FIFTEENS..." came on and the roof damn near came off the place. That gave me a better appreciation for that track.

- Preciate it.

3>1>4>2 for me.

Was at a live show and "2 FIFTEENS...FIFTEENS, I GOT 2 FIFTEENS..." came on and the roof damn near came off the place. That gave me a better appreciation for that track.

- Preciate it.
I saw him perform 3 live too. Place went crazy. Definitely the top My Sub for me. 3>1>4>2

My Keep the devil Off tee came in too :pimp:

3>1>4>2 for me.

- Preciate it.

Still need the 10 or so seconds after the skit on "Hydroplaining" to be a full song. That was :sick::pimp:

As far as the sub series goes, I would order it 4>>1>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>2(song is trash)

100!!! :pimp:

1 was great. 2 was a Supreme let down, especially after 1. Joint set us up expecting it to be the same.....IT WASN'T. 3 was decent. 4 surpassed expectations. May need to revisit this after the album has cooled off a bit. My Sub II & III may be elevating 4 above 1.

What sets 1 & 4 so much apart is the absolutely epic beat switch. Not to mention the first song on both is still great all alone. The switch just amplifies that feeling where you just close your eyes and feel the music.

2 & 3 only had 1 of the 2 beats be good.

(I think I'll line all 4 up after work followed by the Speakerboxx intro, may be the basis for a 'bass-line' series playlist on iTunes. Anyone got any other suggestions other than Master Ace to join this playlist?)

Lyrical ***, ***** got me snorin'
Tryna make all this sense, that **** boring (*****!)
(Shut that **** off, *****)

- Yachty ( AZwildcats AZwildcats )

Last edited:
I could see the minimalist and base-heavy beat on 3 building up the hype in the crowd at a live show. Definitely trying to go see KRIT at a concert sometime.

Back
Top Bottom