*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

In regards to Krit's status in the mainstream... Would yall feel how certain Future fans feel now that he has the spotlight and industry hype? The whole calling out people as bandwagoners and hype beasts etc...

Do you want KRIT to experience that or would you prefer he stay where he is at?

The only reason I would want KRIT to get a lil more notoriety is for his name to have to be mentioned when you mention Cole and Kendrick. Like cats need to be looking at folks stupid if they dont mention his name with them.
This. Been bumping Krit for the longest. According to everyone that hears me playing his music, he doesn't get his recognition because they don't understand him. Must be a Cali thing??  Not sure if posted before but this song with all three of them shows he's on par with those other two.. 

krit should be up there with j cole n kendrick..def jam is holding him back
mean.gif

return of 4eva is the best mixtape since 2010..hands down

Last edited:
In terms of his place in the mainstream, I'm of the belief that ship has passed. He'll never reach the popularity of a Cole or Kdot but I don't think he needs that to be a success, like a Curren$y. If he keeps putting out the quality, his legacy will be sealed.

As for comparing him to Kdot and Cole, I think he is flat out a better rapper and producer then Cole. I also prefer his rapping style to Kendricks, but there is no denying Kendricks albums are just better then Krits

I prefer his style to Kendrick's as well, cause Kendrick has so many songs where he's rapping like the male Nicki Minaj.

Krit just has radio working against him. Like he got disrespected at Power 105 the first time through.
I guess hot 97 played his songs a few times, his schedule doesnt allow him to go to both stations for his second album, and then he finally makes it back to hot 97 and they B!!!n about his not coming to their station so they disrespect cause of that.

Include defjam not doing any promo.

sucks for him.

Ill always copp cause i am already a fan, but the machine doesnt back him.

Mt Olympus was CRAZY, and no one cared besides the short attention span of the internet.

his mixtapes are better than his albums, that's a problem. I love krit music btw

It's like his better days are behind him when it comes to a quality whole body of work. That's a not a good look

Last edited:
We talk about this all the time. :lol:

Krit doesn't get mainstream love cuz he's style just doesn't fit what's poppin now. It's not cuz people don't understand him. People don't understand Future, Migos or Young Thug. It's not cuz his tapes are better than his albums. Meeks tapes are WAY better than his albums and he sold like 230k.

I'm gonna need some new Krit music soon. Been talking to his manager a lot so I guess I can ask if we're getting anything new soon.

Krit is like the last of a dying breed literally, his sound is considered almost old school especially compared to almost anything comin outta ATL nowadays ...but that is the exact same reason why I'll always listen to his music.

Last edited:
It's been over a year since the Week of Krit dropped. If Cadillactica sounded more like WOK it would be a certified classic

Man i cant just ignore the lazy comments some of yall are throwing out about KRIT's catalog man...

True enough KWH and R4 are better than his albums....but those two free albums are better than the majority of rappers entire catalogs.

Cadillactica is a complete body of work IMO. To me it ranks higher than the rest of the projects he released after the 1st two. I get that it didnt contain some of the soulful elements that we are used to but I feel like it made up for that in terms of growth and expanding his sound.

---

And yea we do talk about his mainstream appeal all the time and I have kinda of accepted that he wont break out like that. I think whats becoming more frustrating for me is when I see how a select few of his peers are admired and held in such high regard and KRIT is failed to be mentioned. Like i think the industry and media are failing to properly acknowledge him.

KRIT is about to be a legend in Southern Hip-Hop if he is not already. After the trio of southern hip-hop groups, and Scarface, you have noone from the 2000s era that really fits the bill.Of course you have Luda, TI and Jeezy, but they reached superstar status.

KRIT on the other hand defines southern hip-hop royalty, and I feel like when we were coming up, we heard Jay, Nas, DMX... and more often than not we heard Scarface all mentioned as the elite. Nowadays we hear Drake Cole and Kendrick.... but no KRIT.

and im not talking about sales...just pure quality music. Its no excuse for anyone to be inserted or mentioned over him or for him to be excluded out of the elite convo. Coverage is just biased and lazy.

No one in the game now embodies UGK, Outkast, and 8ball & MJG more than Krit, with this being said dude is mos def southern hip hop royalty b/c even Jeezy, Luda, and TIP don't embody those I mentioned.

KRIT and Little Brother are the only bridge we had left. KRIT is a certified Southern Legend, he has put out to many gems to not be. Period.

No one in the game now embodies UGK, Outkast, and 8ball & MJG more than Krit, with this being said dude is mos def southern hip hop royalty b/c even Jeezy, Luda, and TIP don't embody those I mentioned.

Man i cant just ignore the lazy comments some of yall are throwing out about KRIT's catalog man...

True enough KWH and R4 are better than his albums....but those two free albums are better than the majority of rappers entire catalogs.

Cadillactica is a complete body of work IMO. To me it ranks higher than the rest of the projects he released after the 1st two. I get that it didnt contain some of the soulful elements that we are used to but I feel like it made up for that in terms of growth and expanding his sound.

---

And yea we do talk about his mainstream appeal all the time and I have kinda of accepted that he wont break out like that. I think whats becoming more frustrating for me is when I see how a select few of his peers are admired and held in such high regard and KRIT is failed to be mentioned. Like i think the industry and media are failing to properly acknowledge him.

KRIT is about to be a legend in Southern Hip-Hop if he is not already. After the trio of southern hip-hop groups, and Scarface, you have noone from the 2000s era that really fits the bill.Of course you have Luda, TI and Jeezy, but they reached superstar status.

KRIT on the other hand defines southern hip-hop royalty, and I feel like when we were coming up, we heard Jay, Nas, DMX... and more often than not we heard Scarface all mentioned as the elite. Nowadays we hear Drake Cole and Kendrick.... but no KRIT.

and im not talking about sales...just pure quality music. Its no excuse for anyone to be inserted or mentioned over him or for him to be excluded out of the elite convo. Coverage is just biased and lazy.

Couldn't agree more with the both of these. This is why he's been my favorite rapper since i first heard of him (2010). Krit should be looked at in the same light as Kendrick Lamar & J.Cole as far as lyrics go, and should be in the same class of popularity of those two plus Big Sean and Asap Rocky. If all 5 of them release an album on the same day, it's not a hard decision who I'm picking up first.

IMO the industry doesn't beleive they can promote a southern artist that isn't a trap rapper. Unfortunately most people are very limited and the idea of a lyrical southern rapper just doesn't compute in their minds. (J. Cole doesn't count because he doesn't sound like he's from the south..at all).

I think Krit will be just fine and I'll think he'll be around a looong time. Everybody can't be a huge mainstream artist, a lot of dudes are eating off just touring and free mixtapes, KRIT could easily be one of those.

Its because of his label. Def Jams wack. I usually think its corny when people blame labels but krit has every right to.

Man I NEVER blame the labels but after seeing the way Def Jam botched Vince Staples album by barely shipping any out, not even promoting it & somewhat watering down his sound, I can fully see that that label sucks.

Hell they even screwed over Lil Durk, I dont mess with Durk at all but I've heard from friends that are fans of him that his album sucked compared to his mixtapes. If those fools over there are messing up at making DRILL music then you gotta know that they are holding KRIT back

Also i think Krit is equal to Cole when it comes to rapping and Krit is a much better producer. Kendrick on the other hand...NA

The **** is a Swae Lee? Iggy Asslea??? Oooooooooh Complex :rofl: Young Thug, Fetty Wap, and Rich Homie Quan are barely rappers. No wonder Complex is such a joke.

We all know Complex is weak... but this is the exact type of thing that I am talking about

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/08/20-best-rappers-in-their-20s/

They put 20 rappers in this list. And all of these guys are suppose to be better than Krit?!? They didnt even put KRIT on the list man.

I know it is their opinion...but I feel like these type of slights cant be excused.

Complex lost any credibility with this list once they put Swae Lee and Fetty Wap on it, but failed to even mention Krit. Krit should have placed somewhere in between Drake and Asap Rocky at 3rd only b/c KDot and Drake has had overwhelming commercial success.

Not only is dude a better MC than almost everybody on that list, none of them do their own production like Krit which is another part of him that is being constantly overlooked. :smh:

Last edited:
I mean its Complex, they wouldn't know the difference between a bubble gut fart and Soul sampled beat
eyes.gif

Complex has some really corny sneaker videos, so its not surprising that their hip hop opinions suck. Iggy Azalea and Fetty Wop >>> Krit? Really?

Back
Top Bottom