Official Bitcoin Thread

It's up like 500% since Christmas.
Yeah you gotta keep perspective and remember where it came from. .005 to .06 in days for no reason. That was all accumulation and now you’re seeing support. Remember, the selling tells you more than the buying and the fact this didn’t sit back all the way shows demand.

I’d just stay away from posting dollar amounts. Nothing wrong with saying you bought some coins though imo.

I have a question for clarification. I'm asking this question in here for the sake of how volatile crypto is. Say I buy $5 worth of BTC at $57K. BTC decides to plunge all the way down to $10K. Obviously my $5 investment has been wiped out to $0 in the down turn. My question is, am I in the negative now to the point where I owe money if I get out of the position or is the maxium loss just the $5 investment?

My 2nd question is, does the now $0 rise back up as BTC goes back up or do I lose the position if it goes to $0 automatically? I know this is an elementary subject but Ive never encountered this scenario before and something I always wondered.

I have a question for clarification. I'm asking this question in here for the sake of how volatile crypto is. Say I buy $5 worth of BTC at $57K. BTC decides to plunge all the way down to $10K. Obviously my $5 investment has been wiped out to $0 in the down turn. My question is, am I in the negative now to the point where I owe money if I get out of the position or is the maxium loss just the $5 investment?

My 2nd question is, does the now $0 rise back up as BTC goes back up or do I lose the position if it goes to $0 automatically? I know this is an elementary subject but Ive never encountered this scenario before and something I always wondered.

If you copped $5 worth at 57k and it fell down to 10k, you wouldn’t have $0 you’d have approximately $1. Your loss would be like $4.

If it goes back to 57k, that ~$1 will turn back to $5.

If you copped $5 worth at 57k and it fell down to 10k, you wouldn’t have $0 you’d have approximately $1. Your loss would be like $4.

If it goes back to 57k, that ~$1 will turn back to $5.

Ok cool. That part I know. I was trying to pick a number low enough that would make it $0. I guess I didn't go low enough lol. But say BTC went down low enough to make the $5 investment $0 or lower then $0. Is it possible to go negative from the $5 investment and owe money or is the $5 only my max loss?

Ok cool. That part I know. I was trying to pick a number low enough that would make it $0. I guess I didn't go low enough lol. But say BTC went down low enough to make the $5 investment $0 or lower then $0. Is it possible to go negative from the $5 investment and owe money or is the $5 only my max loss?

who are you going to owe the money to? Just buy the bitcoin and stop worrying about it going to zero.

Your investment goes up and down based on %. The benchmark is the price of btc at the time you bought in. For example, if btc goes up 10% since you purchased - then your $5 has gone up 10%. You now have $5.50. You will only have $0 if btc went to $0. You wouldn't owe money if btc went down [unless you borrowed money to buy it in the first place and the lender is after you lol].

Your investment goes up and down based on %. The benchmark is the price of btc at the time you bought in. For example, if btc goes up 10% since you purchased - then your $5 has gone up 10%. You now have $5.50. You will only have $0 if btc went to $0. You wouldn't owe money if btc went down [unless you borrowed money to buy it in the first place and the lender is after you lol].

I get it now. BTC has to hit $0 in order for the investment to be $0 and its factored by %. I didnt fuly grasp how that % thing worked now I do. Thanks sir!

Back
Top Bottom