Official Bitcoin Thread

Not sure if any of y'all follow me on IG, but I've been putting out these sets of 'sneaker cards' over the past few months...basically structured like 90's sports cards....base cards around a common theme followed by special insert sets that also follow a tangentially related them...first set was centered around Kobe's signature sneakers over the years and this one is centered around the early SBs & Dunks...

Anyway, I started researching and reading up on NFTs over the past few weeks and put my first one on rarible last night as kind of a test case...gas fee was pretty high. It's the first card in my #dunkydunks set and I'm going to be uploading quite a few more in the coming days/weeks. Got some super dope art and have been working with a few different animation artists to bring them to life...

Would love to hear your thoughts (even if y'all be hatin)

ETH might not survive the summer.
:rofl: What a hot take. Like, really? You think there is a chance ETH will die by end of summer? Sure there might be setbacks with the ETH 2.0 rollout, but almost all coins are still in their infancy and building off their roadmaps. To think ETH will just die within 6 months is LOL.

You believe ADA is the better project, cool, maybe it is. But one coin's success doesn't have to come at another's demise. Coins can coexist and compete in the same space. The more competition the better for the consumer.

Former Seattle Seahawk Russell Okung puts half of salary in Bitcoin, considered highest paid in the league now

Former Seattle Seahawk Russell Okung puts half of salary in Bitcoin, considered highest paid in the league now originally appeared on NBC Sports Northwest

Former Seattle Seahawk offensive lineman Russell Okung has been in the league for 11 years now.

And the veteran seems to be making all the right moves when it comes to his money.

Back in December, Okung decided that he wanted half of his $13 million contract for 2020 in Bitcoin -a cryptocurrency.

With the recent surge of Bitcoin continuing to rise in value week after week, it seems that Okung made the right decision at the exact right moment.

If we are looking at where Bitcoin is at now, Okung could be considered one of the highest salaried NGL players at this moment.

From Bitcoin.com:

“For instance, when BTC hit $44k, the half of his contract that is paid in BTC climbed to $10.59 million, at $56k+ his half turned into more than his entire quoted salary. As far as 2020 NFL salary stats are concerned, Okung has entered the top five position. However, the NFL has recently decided to cap the league’s salaries at $180 million and a ball player’s contract could change in 2021. Because the Carolina Panthers’ offensive tackle (OT) gets half of his salary in BTC, many proponents think of him as the highest-paid player in the NFL and not just ahead of the highest-paid OTs.”

One person went as far as to state that Okung is now the “highest-paid player in the NFL”. While a group of other people on Twitter made it known to the public that Okung made a smart move by putting some of his money in Bitcoin.

Okung has been a fan of wanting to be paid in Bitcoin for some time now, and that he is paying off for him in ways no one would have expected.

“Money is more than currency; it’s power,” said Okung in a statement. “The way money is handled from creation to dissemination is part of that power. Getting paid in bitcoin is the first step of opting out of the corrupt, manipulated economy we all inhabit.”

Okung went further into that statement adding:

When we are all paid in bitcoin, no one can tell us what to do with the value we create … In a post-fiat world, you won’t have to worry about your labor and time being stolen.

Russell Okung

With this news hitting the airways now, you can expect other players to try and get a portion of their contracts paid in Bitcoin as well.

The 32-year-old Okung is the first NFL player to have a portion of his contract in Bitcoin.

AMP dipped to .023, increased my position by 10%.

Hoping for another similar drop the next couple of days and keep driving down my average.

Maaaaaan AMP is taking a dump right now. Is that due to BTC going down so hard today?

I'm new to Crypto, is this one of those moments people always talk about where a coin just plummets all the way down and you lose all your money?

Entire market is down 10-15%

I wouldn’t spend my life savings on it. But I also don’t think it’s anything more than it being the trend of the day.

Man this crypto game aint for the feint of heart.
When you realize you've bought literally nothing lol. There isn't a viable product in any of this nonsense. It is entirely speculation and behavioral economics.

If ETH goes below $1500 it might be on its way to under $1k. BTC testing $47k could fall to $28k.

The alts are done.

When you realize you've bought literally nothing lol. There isn't a viable product in any of this nonsense. It is entirely speculation and behavioral economics.

If ETH goes below $1500 it might be on its way to under $1k. BTC testing $47k could fall to $28k.

The alts are done.

What’s making all this happen ?

What’s making all this happen ?
My theories:

1) Stock market is tanking and people need liquidity

2) People have taxes to pay and need liquidity

3) BTC was on a parabolic uptrend and needed a correction as it hit its high band

4) Snowball effect - like me for instance, I watched my 3 accounts go down by $18k since Saturday. Most people can't take half that, relatively speaking, and tap out.

5) This is a normal correction that was needed to continue the bull run if it's happening

Sheesh, this is what people warned me about Crypto...

Just put a stop loss on my AMP at the price I came in at. Gotta admit it hurt seeing I was up $20k when they did that pump last week and greed optimism and inexperience didn’t let me cash out.
As long as I don’t lose money I guess I’m good.

How in the hell do I repurchase crypto from my fiat wallet in cb?

I sold my aave to buy back in since I paid like 400 for it and feel like gambling.

The alts are done.
004BC581-48D2-43CA-B332-048937DE9F9F.gif

Gratulations to all the crypto virgns poppin their cherries by leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

Powerful lesson

Sheesh, this is what people warned me about Crypto...

Just put a stop loss on my AMP at the price I came in at. Gotta admit it hurt seeing I was up $20k when they did that pump last week and greed optimism and inexperience didn’t let me cash out.
As long as I don’t lose money I guess I’m good.
Then why you purchase AMP in the first place :lol: I understand cutting losses but we’re a week off from its ATH

Back
Top Bottom