Official Bitcoin Thread

I only have 1/4 of my BTC on celsius.
I love celsius but you never know.
I wouldnt put all my eggs in one basket.
On celsius you can pull them out anytime and send back to an exchange. You dont need to lock up your coins

Bruh I feel like I’m missing out on easy bread.
Reason I’m hesitating is because the horror stories of exchanges getting hacked or losing your coins. I remember when I first started copping everyone said you have to keep your coins on a cold storage wallet.

Now everyone is staking, farming and yielding hella bread lol. Been doing my research but idk man.

I mean its super easy to log in if you got your phone, but if they don't have your phone what can they do?

I'm sure they can hack it, I bet you can hack anything. I haven't heard of anyone getting hacked though. even online.

losing coins, sure. straight up hacked though?

whichever exchange fully insures everything will kill it. not just staking, all of your coins.

I just got approved to stake ETH 2.0. At 6%. Should I throw my whole bag in there?
i thought about putting my entire eth bag in there too.
decided to not put the entire thing but a comfortable portion for me JUST IN CASE anything pops off.

no real answer on how long it gon be locked up

Some good news for Celsius' security:

It's a must to look into Celsius/Nexo/Blockfi/etc imo. If you're just gonna hodl your coins in your Coinbase or other exchange why not transfer some to one of these platforms and earn a little interest? That 0.1 ETH that you earn this year could be worth $1k before you know it. DYOR though as each platform has its pros/cons. I'm on Celsius and wish that they had a web interface and in-app swaps. But as far as getting paid on time every Monday they're aces. No complaints.

Man I feel like today the market is really gonna make a move. I don’t know which way but yeah

when checking my coingecko port, and sorting by 7days....surprised to see GREEN especially what has happened with the market the last 3-4days. Notice they are *newer* protocols that are not considered "blue chip". my strategy is always to jump on newer AMMs that mimic the blue chip counterparts

2021-05-20 17_39_10-My Portfolio - CoinGecko.png
this is one of my favorite ways to create alpha, finding those projects that are misunderstood or lacking attention that have favorable comps that they are undervalued against. one of the main reasons I've become a big SUSHI bull and was bullish on MATIC (although never executed).

one of the areas im focusing on right now is derivatives, feel like this is a major opportunity vs TradFi and hasn't seen any real growth or attention yet in DeFi, hence why I'm long siren and will probably take a position in perp at some point when im finished doing dd.

I just got approved to stake ETH 2.0. At 6%. Should I throw my whole bag in there?
Not worth it in my opinion. You can earn the same interest elsewhere with shorter terms. Letting coinbase hold your money for an undefined period of time could Be a nightmare.

I will share my personal story.

I staked a decent amount of eth on Nexo for 30 days (it ended yesterday). I had a feeling the crash was coming and honestly would put at least half my stack into stable coins over the weekend (I also have a cash deal working on a house in the real world so I didn't want my money to fluctuate too crazy).

Because my money was staked I could make any swaps etc. I easily could've saved myself 30k plus if I had control of my coins but I didn't so I have to take the current market value (lesson learned).

The worst part about it is I only earned 1% more interest (6 instead of 5 on eth) than I usually earn for that period.

I understand how staking is nice but it's a no for me dawg.

Not worth it in my opinion. You can earn the same interest elsewhere with shorter terms. Letting coinbase hold your money for an undefined period of time could Be a nightmare.

I will share my personal story.

I staked a decent amount of eth on Nexo for 30 days (it ended yesterday). I had a feeling the crash was coming and honestly would put at least half my stack into stable coins over the weekend (I also have a cash deal working on a house in the real world so I didn't want my money to fluctuate too crazy).

Because my money was staked I could make any swaps etc. I easily could've saved myself 30k plus if I had control of my coins but I didn't so I have to take the current market value (lesson learned).

The worst part about it is I only earned 1% more interest (6 instead of 5 on eth) than I usually earn for that period.

I understand how staking is nice but it's a no for me dawg.
What would you have considered more stable then ETH?

Anybody familiar with footballstars?

BSC joint... Some Inter Milan plays been shilling it this week.

It’s been FLYING.

How many of y’all are going through this for the first time lol let it burn down and fill my bids. Idc what my positions do right now, it’s the next 5-10 years that I’m after.

I’m gonna say there’s a lot... Nobody a stone cold trader from the jump.

Everyone goes through the euphoria/despair cycle.... Everyone takes theirs L’s and then you learn from those mistakes.

This week will be a reality check for many.

Here we go again!
Thought we might see a weekend dump but it's earlier than expected

Need to see where we end up but will probably start to DCA into some Polkadot projects that are cheap.
If we get to 25K, I'll be angry because I don't have enough money to go shopping

Bruh I feel like I’m missing out on easy bread.
Reason I’m hesitating is because the horror stories of exchanges getting hacked or losing your coins. I remember when I first started copping everyone said you have to keep your coins on a cold storage wallet.

Now everyone is staking, farming and yielding hella bread lol. Been doing my research but idk man.
Yea, I remember that around 2017 as well. Not your wallet, not your crypto.

I don't mind having some of my funds on exchanes or staking etc. I Just don't put all my eggs in one basket.
Cold storage is good for long term holds but on days like Wednesday, you couldn't use Uniswap to take advantage of the dip or to try and swap for stables because of fees and congestion.

My transfer from Coinbase to Kucoin took 6 hours becayse Coinbase were stingy as hell and probably used cheap gas when transactions were at like 1000 gwei.
Coins I picked up already increased in price by the time it got sent.

Back
Top Bottom