Official Bitcoin Thread

I bought an RTX 3090 and have been mining with it and a RX480 so a modest setup. Will take 4 to 6 months to pay break even on the 3090 because of how much they go for now and the price of ETH.
I get paid 0.05 ETH every 8 days.

It was a risk paying way over retail for the graphics card with EIP 1559 and ETH 2.0 coming but I believe ETH will go higher so I took the gamble.

Summer will be brutal though as I'm already hitting the limits on temps so will either have to limit hard or try and find a solution for the heat.

Do you guys hold Solana on Sollet Wallet , Trust Wallet or Math Wallet?

Im glad its coming to Coinbase so i can just set autopay on it. Thats why Coinbase is still #1 to me ,ease of use , quickswaps to usdc and DCA thru autopay.

I use Sollet wallet for OXY and RAY the wallet is kinda clunky also you have to add Solana and it costs Solana to open up invidual wallets within it.

Also look into Oxygen (OXY) under Solana ECosystem want to scoop up some STEP too .

Solana is lightning fast i know this will be a defi powerhouse. Solana is gas so think like ETH is gas

I've been using Solflare with my ledger. Pretty good so far.
My only experience with it is staking Raydium and haven't had any complaints.

I had a solar mining setup in my garage at my old place, but had to move for work and close shop though. They were initially overheating, added some fans, vents, and a solar fan and that did the trick
B4AB999F-3FEE-4028-B0C7-4A8F6D417607.jpeg

0A9E54ED-4FFD-41B1-AB64-C8789D8B3BB0.jpeg

7DA60800-C06F-4D6F-9D06-2600D83F0892.jpeg

56BBFACE-2BF2-4419-BE95-E902E90440D9.jpeg

That is hardcore :lol:

You had how many Bitmain ASIC miners. How much was your initial investment?

Do you guys hold Solana on Sollet Wallet , Trust Wallet or Math Wallet?

Im glad its coming to Coinbase so i can just set autopay on it. Thats why Coinbase is still #1 to me ,ease of use , quickswaps to usdc and DCA thru autopay.

I use Sollet wallet for OXY and RAY the wallet is kinda clunky also you have to add Solana and it costs Solana to open up invidual wallets within it.

Also look into Oxygen (OXY) under Solana ECosystem want to scoop up some STEP too .

Solana is lightning fast i know this will be a defi powerhouse. Solana is gas so think like ETH is gas
You can try Phantom out. I think it's in beta but you can get an invite code from the official Solana docs here. I'm liking it so far, it's supported on Serum and Raydium. Much nicer than Sollet. I need to look into SolFlare/staking.

Solana needs a block explorer that's a little easier to read imo. It's kinda hard to decipher your transactions.

I wonder what’s the best way to make crypto into a monthly earnings gig.

I make extremely good money right now with my regular job but would like to “retire”’ within the next few years. I still want some sort of monthly income of course and don’t mind working a bit just don’t want 40-60 hour weeks of high stress jobs anymore.

I had always imagined i’d do this through stocks and dividends but don’t think i’ll have enough money that way for it be sustainable . Will only have $150-$250k saved up.

thats fire!!!

i sold my stuff to some older guy who had a whole room in his crib dedicated to mining :lol:

he had a bunch of those boxes u have i forgot what their called

Yeah, I ended up selling everything before I left. They sold for good value though for being used.

is this still gonna be worth doing several months down the line? also what else you doing for passive income 👀
Earlier you get in the better, I would bet the returns start going down. But if the helium coin goes up, as you're mining, skys the limit. My passive income for crypto is Zen (that's what I mined back in the day). 500 Zen gets you a "super node"
A6F11AFF-C2D0-4DAC-BB5E-061985F731EA.png

There’s also a secure node at 42 zen. I use my node to get more 42-nodes until I can get another 500-node. It compounds on itself with very little effort after setup. I’m Not too computer savvy and have a node hosting site do it for me “all nodes”. Do your own research though, most masternode coins suck. Zen happened to be profitable when I was mining and just worked out that way
Stocks- high yield dividend ETF in Roth IRA
Real estate- 6 rental properties

How much does mining cost yall and what’s your break even time wise
It really depends on lots of factors. I'm in California where the electricity rates make it not really worth it. My roof was covered in Solar panels and California has expensive electricity during "peak hours" so I would turn everything on during "off-peak" hours at night until about noon. For the first month I didn't realize and I just left all my miners on all-day and got a couple thousand electric bill. After I got that figured it was profitable, but some growing pains. After initial setup, you can just leave them on, don't have to do much.
I bought an RTX 3090 and have been mining with it and a RX480 so a modest setup. Will take 4 to 6 months to pay break even on the 3090 because of how much they go for now and the price of ETH.
I get paid 0.05 ETH every 8 days.

It was a risk paying way over retail for the graphics card with EIP 1559 and ETH 2.0 coming but I believe ETH will go higher so I took the gamble.

Summer will be brutal though as I'm already hitting the limits on temps so will either have to limit hard or try and find a solution for the heat.
That is hardcore :lol:

You had how many Bitmain ASIC miners. How much was your initial investment?

I ended up mining Zen with antminers, think I had 12. I got solar for my place before I thought of mining, so not sure if that counts. But, I had to switch up my electrical plugs, put in its own dedicated panel, ventilation, fans, and the miners/batteries, spent a good 20k there. The 500 Zen I mined is worth ~40k now though, and ended up selling miners/batteries back for near retail. Now, I have way more solar power than I need at that place and the electric company been sending me checks

Perp up a buck from when I decided to do dd. **** being responsible.

Same thing gonna happen when you finally decide to do dd on Solana :lol:

D Double D Double giving the recipes without shilling. Again thank you for that call on it and other gems.

Wonder if Coinbase is gonna add SPL support for USDT, USDC transfer and more transfer eventually. When that happens its a wrap.

I agree stick stick it does need a better explorer and devs are working on it now and the Phantom wallet has the potential to be even better than Metamask.

What other plays are people on right now?

I'm a passive income guy, saw this:

Helium hotspot miner Pros:
-super easy setup
- Uses as much electricity as a lightbulb
- Connects to your ethernet
-"mines" hotspots (as small as electrical dog collar, phones) in your area, best if used in high traffic areas to get more hotspots
-Passive income in form of HNT (helium coin)

The Cons:
-New and extremely popular on the market now, everyone wants one
-Ridiculously hard to get right now, they're several months on back-order
-Several hundred dollar investment 400$+

IM REALLY NEW AT THIS AND DONT WANT MISS OUT, IF I BUY THE MINER WHAT DO I DO NEXT..

SORRY IF THAT SOUNDS STUPID BUT ID RATHER SOUND STUPID AND BE RICH THAN MISS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY..

Depends on if you plan on taking it out and selling it any time soon. Not sure when you’re allowed to pull your coins out if you want to sell.
On celsius you can pull them out anytime and send back to an exchange. You dont need to lock up your coins

Back
Top Bottom