Official Bitcoin Thread

FOMO is such a 🤬

Still gonna buy a few eth coins. Scared to death it'll look like Bitcoin in time and I'll really feel like an idiot for missing out.

DCA removes all the emotion out of it. Regular buys of the good stuff will yield dividends in the long run.

1628279393820.png

Yeah I used to stress over it but I just set it and forget it.

I’m not up on all the latest coins and all that because I’m super busy but I just buy the big names weekly.

when I have time away from work I get into the weird ones. :lol:

I'm a noob but i'm wondering, what's the math behind the new deflationary measures? Is it public? Will it ever get to 1?

I'm a noob but i'm wondering, what's the math behind the new deflationary measures? Is it public? Will it ever get to 1?

Yea, it's all public. Not sure what you mean by "Will it get to 1?"

Miners used to get the reward for processing/mining the next block on the blockchain plus the transaction fee from the user that is sending either ETH, tokens or interacting with a smart contract.
Reward = 2 ETH block reward + transaction fees.

Now, after EIP 1559, the transaction fee is burnt so the miner still gets 2 ETH for the block reward/mining the block but if all the transactions included in that block is more than 2 ETH then more ETH is burnt than was generated by a new block so it's deflationary.

This will only happen when there's lot of actvity on the network like yesterday for example.

1628281788524.png

Right now, with low activity you can see that's the amount burnt is not more than 2 ETH.

1628281873081.png

Also, if you're wondering why the rewards are more than 2 ETH, it's because users can tip miners when making a transaction to make it faster by including it in the next available block.
Basically the same as before where you can increase the gas limit to make your transactions faster.

Last edited:
Fomo buying at swing highs after we’ve been straight off the lows and have regulatory fud to worry about tomorrow isn’t the best move

dca

buy more on big dips

dca

buy more when it looks like the trend is flipping

if you think we’re breaking out and you don’t own enough in your eyes, buy what you can afford to be happy with if you see a 20% decline shortly after

y’all had plenty of time to stack 2600 or less
40k or less

if you didn’t and you had cash available, what is your goal?

Last edited:
Coinbase better get their act together.

Giving people an "insufficient fund" message when you try to buy something and that's clearly not the case. Moving someplace else if this keeps up.

I started using Gemini active trader a while back and haven’t looked at Coinbase Pro since. Fees are less too.

I use it because it’s easy. I only buy weekly so it’s no big deal.

and yeah if I’m getting Alts it’s nice too.

I got in a lot later than I'd have liked.

Listened to all the experts telling me to put my money into something safe like index funds, S&P 500 and whatnot. Crypto was very unstable and scary, they said. These were all people with fancy degrees and decades of experience, so who was I to question their wisdom.

Fomo buying at swing highs after we’ve been straight off the lows and have regulatory fud to worry about tomorrow isn’t the best move

dca

buy more on big dips

dca

buy more when it looks like the trend is flipping

if you think we’re breaking out and you don’t own enough in your eyes, buy what you can afford to be happy with if you see a 20% decline shortly after

y’all had plenty of time to stack 2600 or less
40k or less

if you didn’t and you had cash available, what is your goal?

Man, I’ve def gotten better at this. I’d have a good position on an early buy, then I’d get excited during the hype and buy and lose money most of the time. Def, stopped those hype buys, and made sure I got what I needed while it was dropping.

How much of you guys portfolios is BTC and ETH compared to other coins?

Kinda wondering if I should be distributing funds differently.

How much of you guys portfolios is BTC and ETH compared to other coins?

Kinda wondering if I should be distributing funds differently.

60% ETH
30% ALTs
10% BTC

Not even sure if I have enough BTC for it to even matter. I always feel like I missed the idea entry point on BTC but I keep a little just to be in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom