Official Bitcoin Thread

Y’all staking BTC anywhere?

Long term hold so rather get something from it.

I just transfer to Celsius to earn. Right now it's at 6.2% APY. The App/interface is a bit clunky but the transfer was smooth and quick.

Also thinking of putting some into Nexo which is 5% APY, app/interface is much better but less APY.

Most alts are complete trash and once the cycle is over they will drop 90-99%+. Just a warning to those who are new to the space. In a few years most of the alts popping off now will disappear and people will be peddling some hot new garbage. This happens every cycle. Take your profits and don't get caught up in the hype.

Just play it safe with the majority of your money and you'll be fine.

I'm 80 percent BC and ETH.

The rest is Solana, Doge, AMP and Cardano. I just buy and hold right now.

May get in on active trading eventually.

is there anyone in here that thinks ETH is a bad long-term hold? i'm so conflicted on when i should swap out some of my risky stuff to ETH. my biggest bets so far have way outperformed ethereum. unlikely that it's gonna continue like that long-term but.....

Need Ada to go nuts otherwise **** crypto
It already went nuts, like 1000% over this last year..
is there anyone in here that thinks ETH is a bad long-term hold? i'm so conflicted on when i should swap out some of my risky stuff to ETH. my biggest bets so far have way outperformed ethereum. unlikely that it's gonna continue like that long-term but.....
ETH is safer. Up 700%+ in a year. That’s pretty damn good.
But, Solana for example, is objectively better (faster, cheaper, more scalable).
48100339-31AF-43A4-9175-10C170C7A424.png

just diversify. Don’t have to put all your eggs in one basket. I got some of both

D Double D Double any NFT projects on the radar??

Centrifuge and Visor for the NFT and DeFi mix. Centrifuge is gold. I need to do more research on Visor though. It's meant to be a novel take on liquidty provisioning by using NFT's instead of LP tokens but that one needs more reading.

Lukso is another one with really good fundamentals and use case. Market cap is high though so will only pick some up during a crash. Although, if you compare it to something like Flow then it looks cheap. I don't get hyped over advisors anymore but this is a stacked list. Fahsion and NFT is a natural mix IMO.

1628529928723.png

I'm not touching these anytime soon though. I'm playing it a bit more safe and sticking to my strategy which involved not buying any new coins as tempting as it is.

Most alts are complete trash and once the cycle is over they will drop 90-99%+. Just a warning to those who are new to the space. In a few years most of the alts popping off now will disappear and people will be peddling some hot new garbage. This happens every cycle. Take your profits and don't get caught up in the hype.

Most alts are like the last rep of the last set when doing bench press or squats. The weight goes down easy but there's no guarantee it's coming back up. :lol:

Getting your initial profit out and riding the rest of the free money is the aim of the game for risky alts.
I only invest in ones with long term potential that can survive crypto winter. Fads like meme coins and launchpads are ones that are not going to survive the next crash.

I buy eth because it’s a safe bet and I don’t feel like doing any research on coins at the moment.

i’m trying to hoard it until 2.0 drops then if it goes to the moon I’ll probably be done buying and just let interest do it’s thing.

if you have other safe investments elsewhere like a Roth or pension why not take big chances like you’re doing?

I got some wild cards too but I just like eth tbh.

if you have other safe investments elsewhere like a Roth or pension why not take big chances like you’re doing?
yeah that's the thing. this is fun money. problem is that my portfolio has about doubled and now i'm having thoughts of being smarter. part of me wants to hopefully ride my alts up high and swap to DAI or USDC and wait for a crash/bear. most of the veterans seem to favor putting more into safer coins though part of being smart is learning from other people's mistakes.

I copped a little bit of BTC, ETH,ETC, LTC and DOGE.

I wanna start getting into more altcoins and NPC’s

if anyone have any suggestions that’ll be grateful

I've seen a lot of portfolios where other coins have out performed ETH and BTC because it's just easier to get a better entry with alts that are still early in the building phase.
I've seen portfolios of guys who invested early into the likes of Celsius, Nexo, Thorchain, Polygon, Harmony, Elrond. They made silly gains. These are 2018/19 projects and they're still going strong.

Diversification is key IMO. 80/20 rule is good for low risk while still having a bit of exposure to low cap alts with room to grow.
You can try write down in advance the targets you want to reach for your alts and then sell some of the profits into ETH or stables so you don't get greedy and are left bag holding.

If you can gather 32 eth by time eth 2.0 comes out, that’s enough for a node. Node will give you 6%+ interest in ETH until you unstake. That’s great passive income in a project that will be around awhile

yeah that's the thing. this is fun money. problem is that my portfolio has about doubled and now i'm having thoughts of being smarter. part of me wants to hopefully ride my alts up high and swap to DAI or USDC and wait for a crash/bear. most of the veterans seem to favor putting more into safer coins though part of being smart is learning from other people's mistakes.

yeah, once you’re up a bunch it’s harder to keep the f it mentality.

Y’all staking BTC anywhere?

Long term hold so rather get something from it.

i have half of my BTC on celsius
Ive been pleased with the interest ive gained on my BTC and USD Coin on there.
If anyone needs a referral code feel free to use mine.

Celsius: 164712bd15

Last edited:
I’m bearish on ADA. Way too much of a run up already for people to think it’ll still go to the moon (Again).

I’m bearish on ADA. Way too much of a run up already for people to think it’ll still go to the moon (Again).
It's crazy how much ADA is valued as they're not even live yet. They've been 5 years in the making and just vaporware for now.

With that being said, I'm a believer in investing in people and not companies, the creator, Charles Hoskinson, is really well-respected, charismatic, and very skilled. It might take forever, but his project is legit. The ADA army is also insanely strong, 70%+ staked shows people are invested, and invested in the long term. At worst, it won't have a 90% drop like some projects. During a huge bullrun, I think it can 4x still, but there are other opportunities for better returns

I might sell half for renovations at 20k and let the rest ride. Eth is not going anywhere but up. Issuance cut in half, next year it’s deflationary, TAM in the trillions of everything develops like we think it can. Scaling is here, sharding will happen, bullish big time. Just wish I had more.

Back
Top Bottom