Official Bitcoin Thread

I've been trying to wrap my head around NFT's since about May & still don't really get it from a value point. I get that we as a society are getting closer & closer to really living in a fully digital world, and a lot of these NFT's are seen as status symbols. But WTF man :lol:

The disparity between the rich & the poor is insanely comical, people are out here dropping a quarter ticket on CPU generated Jpegs.

And how do people even decide what is a good buy, is it based strictly on the "art" or is there more functionality?

This is more an idea of consensus. The more people leave money or perceived value in the world/networks of crypto, the more the inherent value increases.

Last edited:
8B6CA080-10AD-4A85-8BD5-58FE85DE824E.png

This Is The EXACT Flaw I Have With This Entire Ideology…. Ain’t Nothin Stoppin’ These Guys From Attaching A Screenshot To A Wallet Address And Taking Peoples Money. Gotta Wonder How Many People Fell For This Today? :smh:

PS- wr wr This Video Was Tuuuurrrible My Guy :lol:
1F6899D1-EF44-46FD-B56B-6534AB38086D.jpeg

I've been trying to wrap my head around NFT's since about May & still don't really get it from a value point. I get that we as a society are getting closer & closer to really living in a fully digital world, and a lot of these NFT's are seen as status symbols. But WTF man :lol:

The disparity between the rich & the poor is insanely comical, people are out here dropping a quarter ticket on CPU generated Jpegs.

And how do people even decide what is a good buy, is it based strictly on the "art" or is there more functionality?

Say you have a drawing on paper....you then take a vid of you burning that paper, then u digitize that vid/gif...that nft you minted has a sequence/auth which is verifiable on the block chain as a TRUE copy. That itself is worth something rt?

That can be a 1of1... A true 1of1

I believe that is the true power of an NFT, not these 8bit jpegs, which im not hating on...make that money. But true NFT is a digital copy of a memory, item, instance, art, anything in this world which has value and can be eventually imported to the metaverse

There’s no difference between NFTs and digital art compared to real life art. I feel like in the last decade, “real art” like paintings and **** skyrocketed in value (people have been dropping bread on physical art for hundreds of years, I just feel like prices skyrocketed recently). It’s only natural people move to digital over physical.

People are paying crazy $$ on NFTs for rarity and scarcity. Their mindset is that nobody is going to see the physical art in your house while everyone on the internet can see your NFTs that you display digitally. It wouldn’t shock me for everyone on the internet to have a NFT as their avatar in the future.

A lot of people in the NFT space are early crypto adopters who have a plethora of ETH to use. The only way to get cheap NFTs is to be a part of the minting process but you have to stay up to date with discords and you have to know which NFTs are Rare/valuable.

I’m going to use Solana to purchase my NFTs because the gas fees are pretty much nonexistent. I got like 10 extra sol to play with. Going to see what I can purchase on Solanart. Bout to create a phantom wallet this weekend. I tried to do it with Ethereum, MetaMask & OpenSea but gas prices were ridiculous :smh:

If you Want to purchase Solana, I suggest FTX (formerly known as BLOCKFOLIO). Instant access to your coins and you get 8% interest for just holding your coins in FTX. (8% for the first 10k worth of coins and 5% for every dollar amount more. This way you don’t have to stake your coins to generate revenue. FTX is legit af. They already paid for stadium naming rights for the Heat and CAL (UC Berkeley) football.

Use my link: Trade Bitcoin, Doge, Solana and other crypto with zero fees on FTX. Use my referral code and get a free coin when you trade $10 worth.

Last edited:
I won’t be selling any amp for a long time, I paid 5-6 cents for it so it’s gotta be at 12 or more for me to consider it.

I know you got in hella early though.

Yeah I still have a nice size bag this was just some extra coins I bought during the crash. I’m really not planning on selling this bag until we see .30+

Yeah I don’t know if I’ll ever sell either. If coin is just doing nothing I’ll wait for a pump and get out but amp is doing nothing but I like the coin so I’m not selling anytime soon.

There’s no difference between NFTs and digital art compared to real life art. I feel like in the last decade, “real art” like paintings and **** skyrocketed in value (people have been dropping bread on physical art for hundreds of years, I just feel like prices skyrocketed recently). It’s only natural people move to digital over physical.

People are paying crazy $$ on NFTs for rarity and scarcity. Their mindset is that nobody is going to see the physical art in your house while everyone on the internet can see your NFTs that you display digitally. It wouldn’t shock me for everyone on the internet to have a NFT as their avatar in the future.

Sheesh.

There is definitely a difference between NFT/digital art and “real art”. You can’t right click save an oil painting. You can buy a print of the same painting, but it will not even come close to seeing the actual painting in person. With digital art NFTs, you can literally have the same exact piece of “art” with a few mouse clicks.

NFTs are cool as internet collectibles. I’d argue they have no real life value. Dangerously speculative bubble here because of that.

NFT is not the future of fine art collecting. The only thing special about NFT is the unique token on the blockchain. So NFTs are just an internet flex essentially.

The mindset about no one seeing physical art in your house is wacky to me. You’ll at least see it yourself every day. Sure its nice to show off good art you have at your home to other people. But you should be buying art because you feel a connection to it or it is deeply personal to you first.

I’m not hating on the concept of NFTs. I understand it. I just don’t agree with the idea that NFTs are fine art. But art is highly subjective so what my opinion may not matter to you. If you are happy with your clip art cats and nba highlight reels you are paying thousands of dollars for, cool. I will stick to true 1 of 1 physical paintings and sculptures because that is what I appreciate as art.

This is interesting. Damien Hirst making NFTs for physical works. In a certain time period, the owner decides if they keep the physical or digital. Whatever they choose the other work of “art” is destroyed.
CF36CEE4-99C3-473B-91C1-417170FCCEE7.png
A6D74445-02A6-493C-AC7E-0D863CAA1909.png

The future of our society is online, not in person. Covid accelerated it. Just look at working remotely if you don’t think we’re heading that way. NFTs definitely will have a purpose and staying power in the art world, it just won’t be as speculative and fanatical as it is right now. But it will always have a presence and at some point a preference as we shift toward digital worlds and eventually singularity.

playing around with solana and man im so bullish on the tech
literally able to send from Coinbase, lp, send extra to a different wallet and stake all in under 60 seconds for like .01 in gas. insane.

I staked some with marinade.finance and then lp'd that on raydium mSOL-SOL pool for 11% APR. very tiny just to mess around and its amazing how quick this is

Back
Top Bottom