Official Bitcoin Thread

Anyone else watching Tapioca? Omni-chain asset/money-market claiming to actually have a decentralized stablecoin. No airdrop but they have a planned "stock option purchase" sometime in the near future. I'll sit on the sidelines but the project looks interesting.

Is this real? I believe they hired some blockchain staff; they can't be that stupid?

Hopefully, this is the beginning of the End of Apple.

Ha ha...unlikely that'll happen for quite some time, likely never. The lawsuits around their app store margins are interesting. I'm all for the free market, but with the hold apple has on the smartphone market does lead to some issues there. Oh well.....I'm on Android since the first galaxy, so I'm good ;-).

Can someone illuminate me to the appeal of this SBF guy? HIs NYT interview was bizzarre with crowd laughter for some reason? Like this aint no charming cat, he seems like an incel loser with cargo shorts to me.

Crypto as a currency is done I am sorry, and I say this holding an albeit small but impactful (for my broke *** anyway) amount. The technology is here to stay, will be integrated into the current banking system and life will continue on.

Probably b/c of his perceived wealth (at that time at least). If it weren't for that, he probably wouldn't get a job as a starbucks manager.

Governments will try to rollout CBDCs, and banks will get into the exchange/custody business, and 99% of cryptos will disappear, but no, it won't be fully integrated into the current banking system as we know it today...IMO.

Those who choose to invest in the right cryptos today are lucky to be involved at this point in time, and will generate wealth, if not generational wealth in the not so long term.

Unfortunately, I missed the mark back around 2010 when my buddy (a super smart engineer) was trying to sell me on bitcoin (it was sub $1 then). I told him he was a moron. He gave a bitcoin to our other friend to play around with it. I didn't even want to learn about it and declined. He continued to accumulate and never sold as he believes in the future of crypto (i.e. not just trying to sell to make money). Had I put even just $100 in back then, wow...well....I've been regretting that for years.

We're still early, but not that early, and the opportunity for massive returns continues to decline as more people get comfortable with it. I for one will continue to DCA.

Probably b/c of his perceived wealth (at that time at least). If it weren't for that, he probably wouldn't get a job as a starbucks manager.

Governments will try to rollout CBDCs, and banks will get into the exchange/custody business, and 99% of cryptos will disappear, but no, it won't be fully integrated into the current banking system as we know it today...IMO.

Those who choose to invest in the right cryptos today are lucky to be involved at this point in time, and will generate wealth, if not generational wealth in the not so long term.

Unfortunately, I missed the mark back around 2010 when my buddy (a super smart engineer) was trying to sell me on bitcoin (it was sub $1 then). I told him he was a moron. He gave a bitcoin to our other friend to play around with it. I didn't even want to learn about it and declined. He continued to accumulate and never sold as he believes in the future of crypto (i.e. not just trying to sell to make money). Had I put even just $100 in back then, wow...well....I've been regretting that for years.

We're still early, but not that early, and the opportunity for massive returns continues to decline as more people get comfortable with it. I for one will continue to DCA.
I am still hearing this today (from finance types, as well as others in the space) It's bizarre. I thought it was just idiots in my close circle and then I saw that NYT interview and it confirmed his broad "appeal"

Agree on the short-term profit potential which is why I am exposed currently

"Governments will try to rollout CBDCs, and banks will get into the exchange/custody business, and 99% of cryptos will disappear, but no, it won't be fully integrated into the current banking system as we know it today...IMO"

-Can you explain why not? I am specifically talking about the technology in use-cases, not across the entire system (replacing transactions as we know it)

I may be misunderstanding your question, but, generally, I think that the friction (i.e. cost) that banks currently have with high cost and slow middleware (i.e. transaction speed and efficiency) is not value add. If I can transfer an unlimited amount of funds securely to any party directly from my wallet to theirs with minimal cost, that's huge.

Banks will resist this as it's a massive source of revenue. Even credit card processing fees and the like have this issue. Being decentralized where no government can devalue the "currency" and where tools like smart contracts and the like can be implemented, is better for individuals/communities/countries. That said, there needs to be some degree of regulation in order for it to be mainstream. This introduces some tradeoffs regarding security and independence from governments.

I have no idea how this will end up looking in a decade or two. I just know that I can't afford NOT to be involved as I believe it will be the largest transfer of wealth in the history of humankind. Bitcoin is the perfect store of value, and I see Ethereum as analogous to investing in AWS; a platform on which a massive number of companies, projects, and tools will be built.

Of course, only invest what we can afford to lose!

Can someone illuminate me to the appeal of this SBF guy? HIs NYT interview was bizzarre with crowd laughter for some reason? Like this aint no charming cat, he seems like an incel loser with cargo shorts to me.

Crypto as a currency is done I am sorry, and I say this holding an albeit small but impactful (for my broke *** anyway) amount. The technology is here to stay, will be integrated into the current banking system and life will continue on.
NYT is just a tool used by the elite to shape public opinion

Back
Top Bottom