Official Bitcoin Thread

The problem with exchanges is two fold.
1. Trying to run like banks where they only keep a % of their consumers deposits on hand. Because crypto is so volatile and has no FDIC protection like money in banks does, you have to be strict 1:1. If not when the market goes to **** for whatever reason, it can’t play consumer economics because they don’t have enough deposits on hand therefore, bankrupting themselves.
Either hold the **** 1:1 or petition for same FDIC protections which is probably the route it can never go down.

2. They also can’t offer ridiculous APY on staking, there’s very little mechanism to consistently hit those targets especially with volatility long term. It’s why the interest rate on a savings account is so low, because if it were 10% APY, banks would shut down. Even if my $1 is worth $0.70 in 5 years, the perceived value is $1.00. That’s where crypto runs into **** is too many get rich quick schemes that are rug pulls which leads to every entity that has mainstream access has to act like every single project is dubious at best.

I say all of that to say this, as much as everyone wants to **** on exchanges, if Coinbase goes under, it will take most of crypto with it.
To be viable and taken seriously, it can’t be all about utility, it has to also be openly tradable and done with ease. Wide adoption only happens with ease of transfer.
And it’s been the same with every revolutionary technology advance.

Last edited:
I don’t think we’re generating much money but that’s different than being a degen and holding 50% shib and yolo’ing all your customers money like ftx did.

I'm of the camp that thinks all these alts suck and BTC will be the only one regulated when its all said and done.

Idc what team is behind an alt or how hard they're working. Idk I just dont see it.

Something seems off when every bull run there is a new top 20, but #1 stays the same.

i think the projects that produce actual use cases and are actually used to generate revenue, will be ok so long as they comply with whatever regulations are in their respective jurisdiction. less ponzis and more uses where it actually makes better sense to use the blockchain (and token).

this is a super long read but i think it was really helpful for me to get a better overall understanding as a whole:

So what are people actually buying? Think I'm getting back into SOL. May even toss a little change at amp. Would love for the 5 cent king to reclaim that title.

BTC and ETH get DCA’d for me weekly

I paused buying SOL and will just wait a while there and even then, I’m only interested in adding $500-1k of risk on

At this rate, we’ll see $500 ETH and a lot of opportunities will be present

How long until we get a movie about ftx?

Back
Top Bottom