Official Bitcoin Thread

With Robinhood you can’t even withdraw your coins if I’m correct so if they get hacked in theory you lose your coins forever. If you’re holding less than $300 of crypto I think a wallet is honestly pointless since why spend as much or more on a wallet than you’re risking. But if you have holdings 500 and up a wallet is a must.

What's your definition of withdraw? I may not be able to take my coins with me in a wallet (I assume this is what you mean by withdraw?), but what's the point in that if the goal is to sell at a profit? For everyone, the goal IS eventually to take profits, when available, right? If this is the goal, I don't see why a wallet is necessary. When the coins are sold on Robinhood, the proceeds can then be transferred to my checking account in a matter of days. No?

You can send your coins back to the exchange when you want to sell. If I had serious cash, no way in hell I’d leave it on an exchange.

Does everyone really only keep their coins in a wallet though?

I've been buying through Robinhood and I don't see how doing so prevents me from "owning" my coins. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I use Robinhood too. From their terms on crypto.

C4253A96-D0F6-4BF9-981B-2D4561FAA9B9.png

I've been buying through Robinhood and I don't see how doing so prevents me from "owning" my coins. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The average person probably doesnt but there's the people who do "just in case the exchange gets hacked" or the "not your keys not your coins" crowd

RH doesn't allow you to withdraw your coins so you don't own them. Not your keys not your bitcoin.

The reason you want a wallet is so you OWN your keys. An example would be if bitcoin or any crypto does a fork...ur then at the mercy of the exchange or entity to wait to see if they support new chain, that is if they do...could take a long time.

example when bitcoin forked (2x). There was bitcoin cash and bitcoin sv...if you had ur keys, u can claim both and get extra $$$ (bcash at $400+). If you didnt have ur keys u couldnt claim any of those coins.

also, just the exchange being “hacked” or getting broke...best believe they’ll liquidate coins THEY OWN to paybills...read up on all the so called exchange“hacks” throughout the years

Any recommendations for a good tracker/calculator that will allow you to see what price you would need to exit at to profit? I use Blockfolio now but still have to do that manual calculation

It would be nice if Robinhood didn’t take 9 years to get us our damn tax documents....

Any recommendations for a good tracker/calculator that will allow you to see what price you would need to exit at to profit? I use Blockfolio now but still have to do that manual calculation

You add ur portfolio and at what price u purchased ur coins, and the site will update in real time the fluctuations

I keep mine on Robinhood as well. Don't care to own any wallets.

So what is the reasoning that our tax documents for Robinhood won’t be available til February 18th?

If you have TRUST WALLET... u own ur keys, but it also allows u to stake and earn. So why would u leave coins on an exchange where u dont own ur coins/keys??

BCA42CC2-B1C3-4DB7-B9FF-9F3187A7E147.png

If you have TRUST WALLET... u own ur keys, but it also allows u to stake and earn. So why would u leave coins on an exchange where u dont own ur coins/keys??

Do you know if fees are comparable to coinbase pro when sending and receiving btc from trust wallet?

Do you know if fees are comparable to coinbase pro when sending and receiving btc from trust wallet?

Per their TOS:

"Payment and Fees. Trust Wallet does not currently charge any fees for any of its Services."

So it is up to you to set the fees (how fast you want the transaction to confirm), it is normal blockchain charges/gas.

Last edited:
Bruh how are you buying these alts? Nyc be killing us with these restrictions.

- BUY USDC on COINBASE (just got regulatory approval for NYC)
- send those USDC to the following exchanges:

Pick an exchange that doesn't need KYC.....TRADE AWAY to whatever COIN/TOKEN you want. ur welcome.

Back
Top Bottom