Official Bitcoin Thread

great dialogue u guys are having. can we agree that cryptocurrency is having an effect on traditional banking? sure its a small .001 %, but 600billion isn't something that can be disregarded:

Am I saying that cryptocurrency will take over modern day banks/fiat.....maybe not in our lifetime. How has it been the past 10+yrs since 2009....have we changed the narrative at all? I think being digital and not carrying "paper" is a start....excited to see what happens the next 5yrs. Remember tech moves fast vs traditional.

No, all I'm saying is the biggest problem that needs to be fixed right now is protecting our wealth from the govt constantly debasing fiat currencies. I think there will be different use cases for other coins, but it's very much up in the air as to what other problems are needed to solve for via crypto.

Lol @ bitcoin being centralized.

Your wealth if you're referring to bitcoin will now be custodied by governments, banks and financial institutions.

I disagree that it's 'up in the air' as to what problems crypto will solve. Do your own research, there's a lot of cryptos with real use case and utility.

In regards to Bitcoin here is the first article I found, there's dozens more regarding this subject, look it up. China's 4 miners controls, I believe over 50% of btc mining. That's decentralized to you?

great dialogue u guys are having. can we agree that cryptocurrency is having an effect on traditional banking? sure its a small .001 %, but 600billion isn't something that can be disregarded:

Am I saying that cryptocurrency will take over modern day banks/fiat.....maybe not in our lifetime. How has it been the past 10+yrs since 2009....have we changed the narrative at all? I think being digital and not carrying "paper" is a start....excited to see what happens the next 5yrs. Remember tech moves fast vs traditional.

In 2017 the bull run was based off speculation and retail money.

This bull run will consist of utility and institutional money.

Speaking of JP Morgan, and this will probably anger more people but guess who joined Ripples Board of Directors today?

Sandie O’Connor. She recently retired as the Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer for JPMorgan Chase where she set the firm’s comprehensive regulatory strategy and led engagement with G-20 regulators and policymakers regarding evolving regulation.

Prior to this role, O’Connor held several senior leadership positions at the firm, including Global Treasurer and head of Prime Services, and served on multiple firm-wide governance committees including Risk and Capital. O’Connor joined JPMorgan in 1988 and over a 30-year career, held positions of increasing responsibility within the company’s Investment Bank and Corporate divisions.

Reactions: wr

600billion coming plus the current market cap holding around the same level is definitely nothing to sneeze at. That would put us at over a trillion maker cap. Last bullrun 2017 only got to $800b.

I believe the idea of money is definitely being challenged in a lot of people's minds.

The attention economy means data is the new oil.

From monetized content creators to business e commerce credit worthiness using spending data as credit approval instead of traditional outdated Fico scores.

E gamers out earning traditional athletes without the risk of injury from contact sports.

Someone coming to America to work can shave years off their time here by having access to 39% or more of their money that would get ate up in fees sending money home.

Poor over leveraged countries can have their reserve requirements slashed and more money to spend on making home better.

There are so many net positives that can be realized from this. the ones of us here learning and dealing with the early ups and downs are apart of history in the making.

Fiat will always be a dominating factor economically. These countries cannot function without having the ability to devalue their currency.

Reactions: wr
Fiat will always be a dominating factor economically. These countries cannot function without having the ability to devalue their currency.
I agree. That is why countries are moving to the CBDC model which allows them to maintain control of their local inflation instead of all throwing down their fiat and saying "BTC will be money now!" CBDC is also more efficient on government budgeting, asset distribution and statistics. Taxes will be easier to collect. Benefits can be paid in programmable smart contacts that restricts funds for specific needs only. This will allow governments worldwide the ability to lean out wasteful administration spending towards an automated smart system. This is apart of the UBI and big tech value added tax conversation.

Happy 20K boys.....we're gonna zoom past this. This will just be a dot in the rearview of where we are heading. congrats to the believers, futurists, and early adopters who make calculated risks!!

2020-12-16 06_42_39-$20048.37 · BTC to USD Coinbase Pro _ Digital Asset Exchange.png

A lot of people are about to get wrecked.

Prepare for the chop at these levels.

No time to be emotional right now.

Stay steady!

Back
Top Bottom