...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

how the hell do i get rid of the envelope on the main screen?

it stands for a text message . . but i don't have any unread text messages!!!

i tried turning it off and taking out the battery . . no luck.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tre has had nightmares wit refurbished curves.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sad but true...like how u gonna send me a "new" phone that has the same problem as the one i'm sending back?!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Is the storm/bold coming to TMo anytime soon?

the Storm has a Lifetime exclusivity contract in place with Verizon, as long as they meet their sales numbers, which should not be an issue.

there is very, very little chance that the Storm will ever be on any other carrier.

that said, it is very likely that RIM will release a similar touchscreen BB to other carriers in the coming year.

I have a BB Curve (Sprint)

Anyways....Opera Mini is damn near a joke on mine.

The menu screen won't stay open when I press it, all it does is keep flashing on and off nonstop.

I've deleted the application and re-installed only to get the same results.

Any other suggestions?

Wow I heard from a Verizon supe that the STorm is only exclusive to Verizon for a little while and then other carriers will be able to carry the phone as well.We shall see I guess.

OK, I have a noob question about the Bold and other devices with WiFi('ve never owned a device with that capability), based on a couple posts I've readin this thread. You can't make calls using WiFi, right? You can use it to connect to a network and surf the web a little faster, but if you connect to awireless network somewhere you don't have a connection to whatever network you're on, you still can't make a call...is that true?

it's official now-

verizonstormpriceofficial.jpg

cant wait...havent been amped for a new phone in a long time....
pimp.gif

how yall liking them bolds- too busy to visit this thread now?! there were at least 10-15 people asking talking about em daily (lurkin
nerd.gif
)

Not eligible for an upgrade....Imma see if I can get my moms to upgrade pass her my curve then take the storm lol

smh.gif
see now had Blackberry have a concreterelease date for the Storm i would have waited and cop instead of copping the G1 although im in love with my G1 but still
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

smh.gif
see now had Blackberry have a concrete release date for the Storm i would have waited and cop instead of copping the G1 although im in love with my G1 but still
frown.gif
should have waited fam...the date was never concrete but it was always "by the end of nov" you know they had to push this out for aholiday release to get the 4th qtr numbers...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

it's official now-

pimp.gif

how yall liking them bolds- too busy to visit this thread now?! there were at least 10-15 people asking talking about em daily (lurkin
nerd.gif
)
I love my Bold. I had to swap it out Monday morning because my trackball refused to scroll down for whateva reason. The screen is amazing mosdef and the keyboard real easy to type on
pimp.gif

Wow I heard from a Verizon supe that the STorm is only exclusive to Verizon for a little while and then other carriers will be able to carry the phone as well. We shall see I guess.

That's usually the case with most providers. AT&T has the Bold for 90 days, I believe, and then it's free game to other providers after theirexclusive time period is up. They did the same thing with the Curve before it hit other providers. AT&T & Apple are locked in for 5 years I believe.

smh.gif
see now had Blackberry have a concrete release date for the Storm i would have waited and cop instead of copping the G1 although im in love with my G1 but still
frown.gif
should have waited fam...the date was never concrete but it was always "by the end of nov" you know they had to push this out for a holiday release to get the 4th qtr numbers...
smh.gif
I know... I know I'mtight right now, I'm thinking if i sell my G1 and my old Curve it would cancel out getting out of contract with Tmobile atleast recoup a little of thetermination fee. Thats what I get for being impatient
indifferent.gif

smh.gif
frown.gif
should have waited fam...the date was never concrete but it was always "by the end of nov" you know they had to push this out for a holiday release to get the 4th qtr numbers...
smh.gif
I know... I know I'm tight right now, I'm thinking if i sell my G1 and my old Curve it would cancel out getting out of contract with Tmobile atleast recoup a little of the termination fee. Thats what I get for being impatient
indifferent.gif
damn is it a new contract or did you just re-up it? if its new you have a certain period to cancel it w/o being charged-

but im doing basically the same - canceling the tmo contract that aint up til end of 09, selling the curve to cover that cost...

it's official now-

pimp.gif

nerd.gif
)
smh.gif
I'll have to wait... just copped two plane ticket home tosee the fam for thanksgiving & christmas. $1200
sick.gif
alien.gif

smh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
I know... I know I'm tight right now, I'm thinking if i sell my G1 and my old Curve it would cancel out getting out of contract with Tmobile atleast recoup a little of the termination fee. Thats what I get for being impatient
indifferent.gif
damn is it a new contract or did you just re-up it? if its new you have a certain period to cancel it w/o being charged-

but im doing basically the same - canceling the tmo contract that aint up til end of 09, selling the curve to cover that cost...
Good luck selling that Curve Tre. The selling prices for Curves have dropped, well at least on Craigslist. I had 2 I just got rid of for acombined total of $200.

Originally Posted by Jetson2333

OK, I have a noob question about the Bold and other devices with WiFi('ve never owned a device with that capability), based on a couple posts I've read in this thread. You can't make calls using WiFi, right? You can use it to connect to a network and surf the web a little faster, but if you connect to a wireless network somewhere you don't have a connection to whatever network you're on, you still can't make a call...is that true?
You can only make calls using Wi-Fi if you're on UMA. I don't know what carriers are capable of that but T-Mo is one of them.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

smh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Good luck selling that Curve Tre. The selling prices for Curves have dropped, well at least on Craigslist. I had 2 I just got rid of for a combined total of $200.
damn- already sold tho...got somebody waiting on the word from me - $200 ...they still owe me from when i upgraded to the curve from the dash sothey wont be price shopping
laugh.gif

smh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Verizon asked me for a $500 deposit a couple of years ago, I was young though, my credit has matured, but their data plans are too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom