...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Im new to BB but I want to make the switch to a BlackBerry .... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS BETTER ???? I want the BB Bold or the BB Curve .... Not sure yet . Any thoughts on helping me out ???

If you're talking about the original Curve, I'd say the Bold wins without question. You can't really even compare the two. The Bold vsCurve 2(8900) is a bit closer, and the argument could go either way depending on what you're looking for. They are similar in a lot of ways, but there arekey specs that differ--size, 3G or EDGE, 2mp or 3.2mp camera, etc. Just pick what fits your needs best.

That thing looks sick! Where did you get it from? It says coming soon on the t-mobile website.

Called TMO customer care on Tuesday night and ordered it. It was available for business customers only starting on Jan. 19, but apparently that memodidn't get around to all the customer service people. A gang of folks, myself included, got lucky and were able to order them as regular, non-corporatecustomers. I'm pretty sure you can still order it, but the "official" release date is Feb. 11.

im back! had the sprint curve last yr then switched to the 3g iphone
grin.gif
...now in back to bb...scooped this badboy up yesterday...low quality pic(my bad)..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
black out ftw

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Im new to BB but I want to make the switch to a BlackBerry .... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS BETTER ???? I want the BB Bold or the BB Curve .... Not sure yet . Any thoughts on helping me out ???
Well never buy directly from the AT&T store, you should go to RadioShack since they pricematch. I got a Curve there for $32 on a 2 year
pimp.gif

So the Blackberry Bold is not going to be coming to T-Mobile?

BTW, murdered out crackberry's
pimp.gif
all black is fire I wanna see what a murdered out 8900 would look like :
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I just called Tmobile to see if I'm able to upgrade to a new 8900, unfortunately I only qualify for the partial discount, making it out to cost $460 with taxes. I don't see how any phone is worth $460. I assume the full discount makes the phone $300.
Last time I upgraded a phone through TMO itself was with Sidekicks
laugh.gif
. I just tried and got no luck. She said I was eligible for the best upgraded price they can offer, but did not say how much. It's really gonnabe $300 though with full disco?
eyes.gif

Edit* Will the 8900 play youtube videos?

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I just called Tmobile to see if I'm able to upgrade to a new 8900, unfortunately I only qualify for the partial discount, making it out to cost $460 with taxes. I don't see how any phone is worth $460. I assume the full discount makes the phone $300.
Last time I upgraded a phone through TMO itself was with Sidekicks
laugh.gif
. I just tried and got no luck. She said I was eligible for the best upgraded price they can offer, but did not say how much. It's really gonna be $300 though with full disco?
eyes.gif
There should be a 100 dollar rebate with the full discount.

$500 is a lot for a phone, but I guess I've become desensitized to high prices from buying unlocked phones for so many years. And "worth" is asubjective term. People clown us for spending $200+ on sneakers, yet we do it strong, right? To me, there is no difference.

I got a storm on verizon. It was ok, hardware wise great software wise "ok". But the new leaked os .90 is pretty damn pimp. I am happy
wink.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

$500 is a lot for a phone, but I guess I've become desensitized to high prices from buying unlocked phones for so many years. And "worth" is a subjective term. People clown us for spending $200+ on sneakers, yet we do it strong, right? To me, there is no difference.
$500 is cheap for a phone. Hell sidekisk retail for about $350 and they are basic. I'd drop $500 on a Blackberry or iPhone.

So did i screwed for copin my bold from the at&t store

Im hearing all these other store have it cheaper and I could of got a btooth with

I can still take it back right I havent even had it for a week yet

by the way I paid about 430 but i have 100 dollar rebate

Originally Posted by meth68

I got a storm on verizon. It was ok, hardware wise great software wise "ok". But the new leaked os .90 is pretty damn pimp. I am happy
wink.gif

Truth right there. I actually really love my Storm. I'd say in terms of overall practicality, something the the bold is better...but the storm is theperfect phone for what I need

with the updated operating systems leaking on the net, all the lagging is practically gone (for me at least)...and as far as I can tell from reading around,lag issues and minor glitches are what have turned people off from the Storm the most

Yo, how much are your blackberry bold plans right now? I asked this before but I dont think I got an answer.

I lost my dam iphone last night for the second time and I need a new phone asap. I was thinking about going back to blackberry.

And do you guys think getting a bb curve is good to get right now?

So if i buy a Blackberry bold fior ATT
I can use the SIM card from my ATT curve 8310 and itll be good money? No extra charges or anything on my bill?
And whats the least i can get a bold for?and where?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Yo, how much are your blackberry bold plans right now? I asked this before but I dont think I got an answer.

I lost my dam iphone last night for the second time and I need a new phone asap. I was thinking about going back to blackberry.

And do you guys think getting a bb curve is good to get right now?
well i have the 450 minute plan with unlimited data and text and my second bill just came out to $111
ohwell.gif

anyone think they should create NT app for the blackberry
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD161616

wink.gif

Truth right there. I actually really love my Storm. I'd say in terms of overall practicality, something the the bold is better...but the storm is the perfect phone for what I need

with the updated operating systems leaking on the net, all the lagging is practically gone (for me at least)...and as far as I can tell from reading around, lag issues and minor glitches are what have turned people off from the Storm the most

I disagree. I had the storm for 2 weeks and returned it. It didn't have that "crack" to it that every blackberry owner falls victim to. The"crack" is of course the push, push everything (work email, personal email. SMS, MMS, blackberry messenger, etc) in combination w/ the trackball andfull QWERTY keyboard.

With the Storm. It just wasn't efficient. And blackberries are blackberries because they are efficient. If I'm waiting on an important email from aclient or my boss, the idea that I have to answer it via a touchscreen didn't make any sense to me. I was twice as slow, sluggish, and innefficient w/ it.Ya, as a multimedia device, the full screen was sorta nice
grin.gif
, but mostpeople who really use blackberries don't have time to watch an episode of Entourage on their phone. Just give me a decent music player, I'm good. And Iactually like broswing the web using a trackball over my finger on a touchscreen.

With that said, the BOLD is the greatest blackberry ever made since the 8700.

$17.50
200 Min Daytime
Unlimited Evenings/Weekends after 5 pm
Free unlimited network calling to Rogers, Rogers Home and Fido numbers

$30 BB Value Pack
Caller ID
Enhanced Voicemail
Who Called
Name Display
10,000 Text Messages
10,000 MMS Messages
500 MB BB Data

= $47.50

$7.45 SAF/911 Fee

= 54.95

+ $7.14 Taxes

= $62.09 per month

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

Originally Posted by JD161616

wink.gif

Truth right there. I actually really love my Storm. I'd say in terms of overall practicality, something the the bold is better...but the storm is the perfect phone for what I need

with the updated operating systems leaking on the net, all the lagging is practically gone (for me at least)...and as far as I can tell from reading around, lag issues and minor glitches are what have turned people off from the Storm the most

I disagree. I had the storm for 2 weeks and returned it. It didn't have that "crack" to it that every blackberry owner falls victim to. The "crack" is of course the push, push everything (work email, personal email. SMS, MMS, blackberry messenger, etc) in combination w/ the trackball and full QWERTY keyboard.

With the Storm. It just wasn't efficient. And blackberries are blackberries because they are efficient. If I'm waiting on an important email from a client or my boss, the idea that I have to answer it via a touchscreen didn't make any sense to me. I was twice as slow, sluggish, and innefficient w/ it. Ya, as a multimedia device, the full screen was sorta nice
grin.gif
, but most people who really use blackberries don't have time to watch an episode of Entourage on their phone. Just give me a decent music player, I'm good. And I actually like broswing the web using a trackball over my finger on a touchscreen.

With that said, the BOLD is the greatest blackberry ever made since the 8700.
Again I agree with you, but you summed it up by saying you had it for 2 weeks. There is a learning curve with the storm right out of the box nodoubt. So that takes some getting used to, But what was worse was they had to release it with .65 which was a horrible os, since then there has been about 6leaked updates and I swear you would think you had a completely different phone with .90 compared to your .65. I use my storm in a corporate environmentincluding texts/emails/calls all day long and I won't lie I hated my storm for my first 2-3 weeks, but now I am very happy with it. The touchscreen is somuch more responsive now I am just as close typing wise as I was with my pearl and moto q.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Is the Curve 2(8900) ONLY for T-Mobile ????
Yes, for now...verizon will have its own touch curve and at&t will have the new curve eventually too.

Back
Top Bottom