...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

^
a. Get an 8330 Curve
b. Get an 8830 WE
c. Sit, wait, and pray that Verizon decides to drop a new BB this year-rumors but nothing definite as to what's coming.

Originally Posted by JP310

so i dnt want to go through 195 pages but im thinkin of getting a BB soon. I have Verizon and i was wondering what you guys would recommend. Not the storm though
laugh.gif
Any help? thanks

we on the same page...smh at verizon for not having any good phones. i thought the storm was gonna kill it, i was wrong. i think ill get a curve

Originally Posted by ienycepnoyi

Originally Posted by JP310

so i dnt want to go through 195 pages but im thinkin of getting a BB soon. I have Verizon and i was wondering what you guys would recommend. Not the storm though
laugh.gif
Any help? thanks

we on the same page...smh at verizon for not having any good phones. i thought the storm was gonna kill it, i was wrong. i think ill get a curve

Blackberry Niagra expected may/june 09. Is like a CDMA Bold somewhat. If you cant wait and dont want the storm, I guess the curve 8330 is your best bet.Blackberry Niagra News

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

how good is the curve at texting/typing?

its real good at texting/typing. it has a small keyboard but its real good.
thanks.
Does anyone know what problems/ defects usually occur with bb's? I don't want to buy one and be surprised and have no idea what to do
How easy is it to learn how to use the phone

eh, only CON i can think of are memory leak issue with the blackberry, but i have a BOLD not sure about the curve ...ever since i upgrade to OS v.237,everything is smooth ....very little memory leak issue
pimp.gif
...so i guessonce u get the curve, upgrade to the latest OS version...and you'll be arite
happy.gif

o_0
que es MEMORY LEAKAGE!? that sounds horrible.
i'm bad at remembering blackberry names..the one i want is semi new, the keypad looks flat but isn't the storm. is that bold or curve?
And any real big difference?

laugh.gif
memory leak issue isn't that bad, but people like me just want asmuch free memory as possible for i have no good reason why, i just do
eyes.gif
...if your with AT&T the newest one is the BOLD, T-mobile got the 8900, and verizon got the storm ...BOLD has 3G which is a bit faster with internet speed,the 8900 pretty much the same as the BOLD just w/o 3G, better camera, and a bit smaller...and the STORM the touch screen BB.

so i can't get an upgrade and i'll have to buy the 8900 retail and i just bought the 8320 in october for retail
smh.gif
damn i wanna pull the trigger on the8900 but damn another 500
frown.gif
thats a hurter

is there any nice Jordan or other sneaker themes for the storm? (sorry if this was already asked but i havent seen it)

Just got my 8900 today. Liking it so far. I was really comfortable with my iberry theme from my 8320, but I have to get used to this till it comes out
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

eh, only CON i can think of are memory leak issue with the blackberry, but i have a BOLD not sure about the curve ...ever since i upgrade to OS v.237, everything is smooth ....very little memory leak issue
To anyone who also has a Bold, have you tried updating your OS? I want to, but the only thing holding me back is loss of volume. When I updatedmy Curve, the speaker volume dropped pretty signifcantly. You could still hear the phone ring and all that, but (ie. if the stock volume was at a level 10,after the update it lowered to about a 7) if that makes any sense.

So my question, before I update, is has anyone experienced anything like this? Or could it just be for the Curves?

Ballistic: any (bad) things happen to your Bold after the update?

Originally Posted by mike23theking

eh, only CON i can think of are memory leak issue with the blackberry, but i have a BOLD not sure about the curve ...ever since i upgrade to OS v.237, everything is smooth ....very little memory leak issue
To anyone who also has a Bold, have you tried updating your OS? I want to, but the only thing holding me back is loss of volume. When I updated my Curve, the speaker volume dropped pretty signifcantly. You could still hear the phone ring and all that, but (ie. if the stock volume was at a level 10, after the update it lowered to about a 7) if that makes any sense.

So my question, before I update, is has anyone experienced anything like this? Or could it just be for the Curves?

i've updated my Bold twice. not once have i experienced any issues like what you're describing.

when i had my 8830, i updated it, and lost all of the preloaded ringtones, and the volume on all the tones was waaay louder than before. so, i can understandyour hesitation, but the issues you experienced with your Curve will not necessarily repeat with the Bold.

if i were you, i'd go to the Crackberry forums or BlackBerryNews.com and read the forum posts about the update before installing the update yourself. thatway you can see what you might expect before updating.

i'm very picky about my updates since i have to reactivate my enterprise activation at work to get my emails going again. so, i understand exactly whereyou're coming from. read those forums before updating, and you should never run into any major issues.

wow so my signal keeps going to SOS

and my bold keeps crashing, first time this has ever happened.................i woke up my phone is on SOS, i keep restarting..............its fine thencrashes.

My sis has had this problem with her bold before too, i told her it was a network problem in NJ. Bold be actin funny eh

Found the last 8900 in my the BX a couple of days ago. Loving the phone so far. The Slacker app is the greatest thing since protein shakes, seriously. Awaiting the Class 6 8gb SD, once that comes, I'll be updating more apps, music, and vids. My only complaint is that transfering vids to this thing takesa day and a half using that POS Roxio program for the phone. I would use iTunes for the vids, but for some reason they won't convert into itunes. enhI'll figure it out.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

To anyone who also has a Bold, have you tried updating your OS? I want to, but the only thing holding me back is loss of volume. When I updated my Curve, the speaker volume dropped pretty signifcantly. You could still hear the phone ring and all that, but (ie. if the stock volume was at a level 10, after the update it lowered to about a 7) if that makes any sense.

nope, its actually working much better then the AT&T OS that was pre-install on the phone....and battery life improved....but usually before iupdate my OS, i go on crackberry and do a little bit a research on the new beta OS, they usually have a thread made for that certain OS w/ people posting whatthe pro/con each beta OS...remember its still beta not the offical OS that AT&T approve to be released.

lurkin2long - yo, ur SIMcard might be nuke? that what happend to me after a month w/ my bold...i just went into at&t and got a new one.

Pitman13 - if its video that already converted for your phone, i usually just drag anddrop my music/video files w/o using the POS roxio program
laugh.gif
...its muchmuch faster ...

Pitman13 - if its video that already converted for your phone, i usually just drag and drop my music/video files w/o using the POS roxio program
laugh.gif
...its much much faster ...
How, may I ask, can I drag and drop files without using that roxio crap? I'm officially a rookie
embarassed.gif

Good Looks in advance.

ILLIONAIRE, you won't be disappointed w/the 8900.

Back
Top Bottom