...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Im new to blackberry i have read through this thread for atleast the first 50 pages to avoid getting eaten alive. so now I will ask is there a way I can changethe firmware on a titanium bb curve to the firmware or operating system on the 8900 or the bold

u can get the blacked out curve by buying a new housing for the phone. im about to black it out and make the trackball neon green or red (you have to puttransparent colored film over the light on the inside of the phone)

Finally received my $100 rebate from my blackberry bold. I hate that it's on a visa card. Is there anyway to get a physical $100 bill instead of this? Oreven transfers the funds from this card to my Debit Card? Anyone ever tried?

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

are the storms good havent really heard anything about them
Initially, NO ! Until you go to crackberry and crack'em out
pimp.gif
! Upgraded the OS to .122 (.109 wasn't bad either) and deleted someunnecessary files. My Storm can no OutBerry any other BB ! Sadly, the phone should of came out with a better OS than it did (Originally at .75) but oh well..

Any way to change the Text notification sound for my Curve?

I could've sworn I came across it before and now I just can't seem to find that option.

I know this has probably been asked before but my blackberry curve keeps on deleting all my texts and my call logs. Is there anything I can do to stop it?
I have tried deleting pics and ring tones but it doesn't help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by datruth92803

Im new to blackberry i have read through this thread for atleast the first 50 pages to avoid getting eaten alive. so now I will ask is there a way I can change the firmware on a titanium bb curve to the firmware or operating system on the 8900 or the bold
all the firmware is phone specific so no its not possible but if your looking for the look that the 8900 and the bold screen has try to search for"precision theme (insert your phone model number)"

Originally Posted by srvballer

I know this has probably been asked before but my blackberry curve keeps on deleting all my texts and my call logs. Is there anything I can do to stop it?
I have tried deleting pics and ring tones but it doesn't help. Any advice would be appreciated.
That usually happens when you're running low on memory. Save the texts you need and begin deleting the rest.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I could've sworn I came across it before and now I just can't seem to find that option.
Profiles -> Advanced -> Menu -> Edit -> SMS Text = You're welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by srvballer

it's the infamous BlackBerry memory leak.

pull the battery. it'll stop.

just make sure you turn off, and pull the batter out preiodically, and it won't happen again.

does anyone out there have any videos for changing the housing on the 8320 or know how who could give me a run down

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

dumb question....but how do it get NT on my curve? i can pull up NT but i cant click on links.
I just got a Curve last week and I had the same problem.

Instead of going directly to niketalk.com, Google "NikeTalk Sports" or what have you and the links should be clickable.

try niketalk.yuku.com

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

pimp.gif
! Upgraded the OS to .122 (.109 wasn't bad either) and deleted some unnecessary files. My Storm can no OutBerry any other BB ! Sadly, the phone should of came out with a better OS than it did (Originally at .75) but oh well..

What does the new OS do? I'm on verizon and split between a storm or waiting for the niagara.

KLJ, DL operamini.

(Operamini.com)

It's a lot better than the stock BB browswer, IMO.

Opera Mini -> Mobile view is all you need

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

pimp.gif
! Upgraded the OS to .122 (.109 wasn't bad either) and deleted some unnecessary files. My Storm can no OutBerry any other BB ! Sadly, the phone should of came out with a better OS than it did (Originally at .75) but oh well..

What does the new OS do? I'm on verizon and split between a storm or waiting for the niagara.
Improves the accelerometer, makes the browser much faster, typing more efficient, improves the radio, copy/paste is easier to perform... Justoverall a different phone than the phone that was released back in November and the latter months after. Currently, the official OS is .113, but .122 wasreleased for Bell users... The guys over at crackberry figured out how to integrate .122 for Verizon users..

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Profiles -> Advanced -> Menu -> Edit -> SMS Text = You're welcome
smile.gif

Thanks!!

i just got a blackberry curve 8310 yesterday. i dl'd a ringtone online but it isn't on my phone. where can i get it at?

also i do have a few other questions, i just bought a 4gb micro sd card, is that big enough? how do i put songs from my computer to my bb, and how can i put awallpaper on my bb? also what other cool thigns can i do to it for free.

Originally Posted by meabm2006

also i do have a few other questions, i just bought a 4gb micro sd card, is that big enough? how do i put songs from my computer to my bb, and how can i put a wallpaper on my bb? also what other cool thigns can i do to it for free.
4 gigs is good, i only use 2 and its still got a lot of room to spare

you can put on music two ways.
a. just copy and paste the music files from your computer to the memory card and plug it in to the phone
or
b. plug the phone in to the computer and turn on mass storage mode, then copy and paste the files in to the music file in your blackberry (mass storage modeturns the blackberry in to a disk drive)

other stuff
-download themes here
-Download Blackberry App World

And make ringtones via Itunes for free

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Oh wow. Typing is more efficient? Really? Maybe I'll just get the storm then. Are you happy with it?
I LOVE it, but I'll will say this.... Touchscreen isn't for everyone! It's either Love or Hate with it. I would test it out first...

Back
Top Bottom