...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Has anyone else had trouble with the trackball getting stuck? I can't scroll down all of a sudden.
I have a few times. I usually just press the trackball down, hold it, then try and move it around. It usually works. I'll try and clean itwhen I open up my Bold to change the keypad to the "red numeric" version.
Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Do y'all usually put your phones on standby?

For example, on the 8900 you can hold the Mute key to put it in standby. I've been doing this and I've been saving battery, I think.
Only thing I usually do is "Auto On/Off" while I sleep. I haven't really tried standby yet...

That "holding it down and moving it" hasnt been working for me, I've been trying for a couple hours. And I've never tried to open it.

For the life of me, I cannot get past level 16 in BrickBreaker.
smh.gif

For example, on the 8900 you can hold the Mute key to put it in standby. I've been doing this and I've been saving battery, I think.
Whenever i dont use the phone, its always on standby...i believe it really does help the battery..

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

smh.gif

i've turned the game over almost twice. my high score is 30810.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Whenever i dont use the phone, its always on standby...i believe it really does help the battery..

x2.....Also, for the person whose trackball won't work: try just shutting it off and then turning it back on. I did that to mine and it worked.
On another note, the 8900's canNOT take abuse!!! I've dropped this phone a good amount of times and now I have lost sooooo much service. To the pointthat I've had to call T-Mobile a few times and reset the towers to no avail. I should be getting my replacement in the mail today. We'll see if theservice gets any better. They're not even sending me a new one, it's a refurbished one
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

smh.gif

KLJ: I hate that level too. Your best bet is hoping you get the gun and open up the bottom 3 bricks. If not, pray that you can knock theregular bricks out w/out it dropping down too low.
ohwell.gif

OSU: damn, that's pretty good. I've topped out at 24k, level 17 the second time around. Once I got my Bold, I've been on WordMole more thanI've been on BrickBreaker.

Originally Posted by osubass1

smh.gif

i dont give a damn about high score, i just want to beat the game
level 16 is def hard, but i beat the game almost a year ago and im trying to beat it again
after level 16 they get easier

damn i almost beat 16. I swear i get to level 13 14 easy, with like 5 lives but i die off some stupid *!!% and lose.
lol

love that game tho.

sup everyone...im looking to buy a new phone and it has come down between an iphone and a blackberry...so my question to you guys is what can the blackberrydo for me as opposed to the iphone?...in other words why should i get a blackberry?....thanks in advance

Triumph! I slay the dragon that is Level 16.
pimp.gif

New personal bests: Score - 10,470; Level - 19.

It took me at least 30 attempts to beat 16.
laugh.gif

How many levels are there?

Triumph! I slay the dragon that is Level 16.
pimp.gif

New personal bests: Score - 10,470; Level - 19.

It took me at least 30 attempts to beat 16.
laugh.gif

How many levels are there?

there are 34 levels, but once you pass 34, it just starts over again.

i have a bb pearl right now. my sister is available for an upgrade right now, and we both want the storm. verizon has the buy one get one free offer, but twolines have to be ready for an upgrade. im not ready for an upgrade till January, but since im on a two year contract i can upgrade 4 months before the date (20months into the contract). i was wondering whats the odds that verizon would let me upgrade early? how can i sweet talk them?

^^your first mistake is wantin the storm......

dont no the name but there is a new bb comin out to verizon soon

i think you should wait...but thast my opinion

Verizon owners, help me out.

I'm looking to get a Curve. My mother is due for an upgrade on her plan, and I was wondering is this scenario is possible.

I would give her my Voyager (she been texting as of late, so the Voyager should be easy for her to use), and I would take her upgrade and get the Curve. Whichleads me to the following questions:

-Is getting a Curve (or any BlackBerry) worth it for a Verizon customer?
-Is it true that Verizon users have to pay $30+ a month extra for internet service?
-Can I BBM without the supposed extra monthly payment?

I really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

i hate the bold. blackberries are not as reliable as they used to me. the battery life sucks, random restarts and a slow OS.
i miss my iphone.
if anyone wants to trade their jawn for my bold, let me know.

Originally Posted by bkmac

-Is getting a Curve (or any BlackBerry) worth it for a Verizon customer?
Depends on the person.

-Is it true that Verizon users have to pay $30+ a month extra for internet service?
$30/$40. No way around it.

No. BBM runs on RIMs server(s).

Originally Posted by THockey66

What exactly is a RIM server? Is that apart of the additional $30/$40 dollar monthly payment for the internet?

Originally Posted by THockey66

What exactly is a RIM server? Is that apart of the additional $30/$40 dollar monthly payment for the internet?

yeah...its either calls and text or the whole shabang for 30 a month

RIM=Research In Motion. They are the makers of Blackberry.

Your voice/text is sent over the carriers network. PIN/BBM Messages rely on RIM's server to be sent. Without a dataplan, they cannot be used. Then again,Verizon wont let you have a Blackberry on its network without a data plan.
Originally Posted by agold1002

yeah...its either calls and text or the whole shabang for 30 a month
With Verizon its voice plan + text + data plan. It gets expensive very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom