...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

i copped a black houseing wit keyboard and trackball on ebay....costed like 30 bucks but well worth it imo

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

sup everyone...im looking to buy a new phone and it has come down between an iphone and a blackberry...so my question to you guys is what can the blackberry do for me as opposed to the iphone?...in other words why should i get a blackberry?....thanks in advance
  • Email
  • Stability
  • Multi-task
  • BBM
  • Physical Keyboard
Mainly email, I'm an email junky, always getting email from clients, so having push email really helps, where as iPhone blows in that category. Itall comes down to preference though. I view the iPhone as a media device more than a business device and I can't stand full touchscreen things so a BB isperfect for me.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Is it true that Blackberries have the most stable OS out of all the smartphones? I'm trying to prove to a friend who thinks otherwise, but I haven't found any evidence.
I wouldn't think so...the OS is more stable than Windows mobile 6.X(haven'tused 7.0), a buddy of mine who works for a local cell companies tech dept. says that Nokias smartphone OS is the best on the market....anyone concur withthis?

Is it true that Blackberries have the most stable OS out of all the smartphones? I'm trying to prove to a friend who thinks otherwise, but I haven't found any evidence.

It's the best one I've used thus far. I've tried Android and it's alright I guess. Windows Mobile blows despite the sheer volume of programsavailable for the OS.

BB's OS slightly edges out iPhone OS cause it can multi-task.

Originally Posted by TD The God

I wouldn't think so...the OS is more stable than Windows mobile 6.X(haven't used 7.0), a buddy of mine who works for a local cell companies tech dept. says that Nokias smartphone OS is the best on the market....anyone concur with this?
nokia uses Symbian as their OS. Symbian is probably the most stable mobile OS (also the most popular in the world), but its also often referred toas outdated. No great apps, and not very pretty to look at most of the time. I have never had a Symbian phone, so this info is just from what i have read andpics i have seen.

laugh.gif
I just got the storm today and I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. Wow this thing is dreadfully slow I didn't think it was THIS bad. Taking it back tomorrow.

Desktop Manager never allowed me to update the OS today so I tried to go through the loader.exe file but all that did was update the 4 apps that I haveinstalled. I have 4.6 DM and the new .250 OS how do I get DM to allow me to update?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Desktop Manager never allowed me to update the OS today so I tried to go through the loader.exe file but all that did was update the 4 apps that I have installed. I have 4.6 DM and the new .250 OS how do I get DM to allow me to update?
Did you open the OS file first or DM?

I'm looking to buy the 8900 with T-Mobile, I'm switching from my unlocked iPhone to this phone, I just want a T-Mobile phone and I believe that is thebest phone T-Mobile has. Any 8900 users
nerd.gif
? I'm really contemplating buying very soon. Let me know if I will regret it or not.

Thanks

@Purple Face
I open the OS first then at the end it opened the DM but there was no prompt to update and that's when I had to go and find the loader.exe file.

@23Michaeljordan45
I was in the same situation, I got one from Craigslist about a month ago and do not regret making the switch one bit.

THIS PHONE IS MAKING ME SO MAD. JESUS CHRIST. Why is the storm so iffy. I got the newest update and everything it's just not working. Anybody here actuallyhave one that works?

@23Michaeljordan45
I was in the same situation, I got one from Craigslist about a month ago and do not regret making the switch one bit.

Hmmm....I remember you helped me unlock my iPhone when I first got it, you might have just sold me on a BB8900 because of your help and I know I can ask younow
laugh.gif

For me I just got tired of the iphone. The new one coming out doesn't really impress me mainly cause I'm on T-Mobile and it's too much of a hassle.The Curve has all the stuff we were missing out on and it comes standard! The cam is pretty good, calls are clearer, better speakerphone, and I never realizedhow important copy and paste was until I was able to finally use it now. I love mine, and it looks sick.

For me I just got tired of the iphone. The new one coming out doesn't really impress me mainly cause I'm on T-Mobile and it's too much of a hassle. The Curve has all the stuff we were missing out on and it comes standard! The cam is pretty good, calls are clearer, better speakerphone, and I never realized how important copy and paste was until I was able to finally use it now. I love mine, and it looks sick.

Good, I'm going to the store soon to test it out at the store and probably but it. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom