...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

^Word. That's interesting because usually on cell phones they say to let it drain down before you charge it, instead of charging it all the time.What's the best Twitter app?

Loving this BB already.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Just got the Tour today. Thing is dope, mad stuff to learn though. Downloaded BBM and Facebook, what else should I get for it?

How often you guys turn it off and how often does it need to be charged?
Keep it charged as much as possible. Do not let it drain down too low. I forgot what type of battery it is, but according to crackberry forums people say to keep it charged as much as possible. A few times I let it drain down too low, and the next day it lost its charge quickly. Past week I've been it charged whenever I'm home and the battery life seems to be soo much better now. I just dl'ed this free app today called WHERE pretty cool. Uses your GPS location to find anything nearby you want. Gas/Stores/Food etc.
does this apply to the curve too? (8320)
ive always let my battery drain, but i might keep it charged now...

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Hey all. My tour is getting delivered tomorrow. Long time Treo user, last 2 phones HTC. Am I going to miss the touchscreen terribly? (BB virgin)
I just bought my BB a few days ago (Was using Treo for years) and the touchscreen was nice but I dont miss it too much. It is nice to be able to touch the screen to clean it/have it in my pocket and not have things start up on their own.
i was a long time treo user as well. tried the iphone out for a month when it first came out. switch over to blackberry and havent looked backsince. when it comes to touchscreen vs physical qwerty, i personally choose qwerty. the iphone was easy to use like the palms, but typing on it drove me nuts.took a while to get use to NOT pressing the screen bc it was so convenient. but dont worry, rumor has it bb is working on a touchscreen with physical qwerty

My phone has been off since about 2:30 pm and I can't get it to turn back on. usually I just take the battery out but that doesn't work. Ive askedaround an no one else is having this problem so I'm lost. Anyone know how I can turn the radio back on on this thing? thanks.

Anyone here have a mac w/ their BB?

I cannot sync my cal or contacts with my 8900. This is making me very upset.

Anyone else this problem or a solution?

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Just got the Tour today. Thing is dope, mad stuff to learn though. Downloaded BBM and Facebook, what else should I get for it?

How often you guys turn it off and how often does it need to be charged?
Keep it charged as much as possible. Do not let it drain down too low. I forgot what type of battery it is, but according to crackberry forums people say to keep it charged as much as possible. A few times I let it drain down too low, and the next day it lost its charge quickly. Past week I've been it charged whenever I'm home and the battery life seems to be soo much better now. I just dl'ed this free app today called WHERE pretty cool. Uses your GPS location to find anything nearby you want. Gas/Stores/Food etc.
does this apply to the curve too? (8320)
ive always let my battery drain, but i might keep it charged now...
Truthfully I'm not too sure. I'm just going based on what i read off crackberry.com (GREAT site btw for all bb users) On my old phones Iuse to let it drain to 0 and give it like a 12 hour recharge to "boost" the battery up. On the tour they say to do the excate opposite, the type ofbattery it is, it's best to keep it charged as often as possible

For twitter I use ubertwitter.. no problems with it, and its the only twitter app i used. Only thing I don't like is you can't see the trendingtopics.

I think I posted my app list before, but I'll do an updated list for any1 wondering whats good out there.

BeeJive (Use this for AIM 100x better than the basic aim app it comes with)
UberTwitter
Berry Weather (Paid weather app, but I love it. I tried out the free weatherbug app and didn't like it at all. What I enjoy about beweather is I have iton my home screen and it has a little pitcutre of the current conditions.. rainy sunny cloudy etc with the temp outside too)
BerryBuzz (Custom LED color notifacitions for different messages.. Instead of having the green all the time and red when you get a message.. I turn the greenoff, and change the colors for sms/email/fb etc)
Viigo (Basically an all in 1 almost. Movie reviews, news sports etc)
Black Berry App World
Google Maps
Yahoo Fantasy football app.. kinda wack but it was free
ScoreMobile. (Awesome app for sports fans, up to date scores on ALL sports. Very easy to use and shows multiple scores/news/stats at once)
WHERE (new app i dled today, uses your gps location and you can search for resturants, nearest gas stations with prices stores etc)
QuickPull
WallPaper Changer (still havnt paid to upgrade after the free trial
eyes.gif
)
Also have Bolt and Opera Browsers.

That's all i use for now, but still looking for some more apps that can be usefull.

Fanatic15, PMd you.
I can help.

BLACKBERRY 8520 JUST ARRIVED! ONLY $49.99

I just got my first shipment in of Blackberry 8520 for T-Mobile
happy.gif

New activation (new line) or upgrade is only $49.99 LIMITED TIME ONLY.
I have it in all black or sky blue

*EDIT*
To get the phone for $ 49.99 you must get the data plan for the line. you can take it off after the first month.
I have the phone for flexpay also.
I can run your credit and check if your eligible for an upgrade also.
SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE. PM ME.

blackberry_8520.jpg

[table][tr][td]
BlackBerry Curve 8520 Features and Specifications

[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Size (LxWxD)
[/td] [td]
109mm x 60 mm x 13.90 mm (4.29 x 2.36 x 0.54 inches)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Weight (including
battery)
[/td] [td]
106 grams (including battery)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Memory
[/td] [td]
256MB Flash Memory
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Expandable Memory
[/td] [td]
Hot swappable Micro SD (located behind battery-cover). SDHC
supported.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Display
[/td] [td]
High resolution 320x240 pixel color display
Transmissive TFT LCD
Supports over 65,536 colours
2.46" (diagonally measured)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Camera
[/td] [td]
2 MP camera with Fixed focus, no Flash, 5x digital zoom
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Video Camera Format
[/td] [td]
Normal Mode: 320 x 240 pixel; MMS Mode: 176 x 144 pixel
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Keyboard
[/td] [td]
35 key backlit QWERTY keyboard
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Dedicated Keys
[/td] [td]
Send, End, VAD/PTT (User customizable), Camera (User customizable),
2 x Volume
Media Keys:
1. Play / Pause/ Mute
2. Back
3. Forward
Device lock: Long press of A* key with lock icon
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Navigation
[/td] [td]
Trackpad - Located on front face of device, ESC Key to the right and Menu to the left of the trackpad
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
User Interface
[/td] [td]
Intuitive icons and menus
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Notification
[/td] [td]
Tone, vibrate, on-screen and LED indicator; notification options are user configurable
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Ringtones
[/td] [td]
32 Polyphonic - MIDI, MP3, SP-MIDI, WAV
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Voice Input / Output
[/td] [td]
Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
GPS
[/td] [td]
Not supported
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Wi-Fi
[/td] [td]
802.11b/g enabled
Wi-Fi Alliance Certifications: WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise, WMM,
WMM Power Save planned
Cisco CCX certification planned
Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry Internet Server
Direct IP web browsing over Wi-Fi
Support for UMA/GMA
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Bluetooth
[/td] [td]
Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
1) Headset (HSP)
2) Hands free (HSF)
3) Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
4) Serial Port Profile
5) SIM Access Profile
6) Dial Up Networking (DUN)
7) Audio Source (A2DP)
glasses.gif
A/V Remote Control Target (AVRCP)
9) Object Push Profile (OPP)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Media Player
[/td] [td]
BlackBerry Media Player
Video format support: DivX , DivX 5/6, XviD, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple
Profile, H.263, H.264, WMV3
Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional
AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 PRO / WMA10,
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Ports
[/td] [td]
Micro USB port allows charging and data synchronization of the device with a USB "A" to micro-USB "B" cable
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Power Adapter
[/td] [td]
+5V DC / 500 mA AC power adapter, with interchangeable location specific plugs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Charging Contacts
[/td] [td]
Charging through Micro USB port. No charging contacts
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Battery
[/td] [td]
1150 mAhr removable/rechargeable cryptographic Lithium cell
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Battery Life
[/td] [td]
Target: 4Hours Talk and 17 days Stand by
Actual measured figures will be updated on design and test completion
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
SIM Interface
[/td] [td]
Supports 1.8V & 3V SIMs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Keyboard Security
[/td] [td]
Password protection, keyboard , and sleep mode
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Multi-Slot Class
[/td] [td]
GPRS Class 10 (Max 5 slots in total, or a combination of 4 down 2 up to a max of 5 slots at any one time.)
EGPRS Class 10 (Max 5 slots in total, or a combination of 4 down 2 up to a max of 5 slots at any one time.)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Network
[/td] [td]
Quad-Band: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
Quad-Band: 850/ 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz EDGE networks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Radio Specs
[/td] [td]

Quad-band support: GSM 850; GSM 900; DCS 1800; PCS 1900

Power class:
850 - Power Class 4; 850 - Power Class E2;
900(GSM) - Power Class 4; 900 - Power Class E2;
1800(DCS) - Power Class 1; 1800 - Power Class E2;
1900(PCS) - Power Class 1; 1900 - Power Class E2

Transmitting frequency: GSM 824-849 MHz; GSM 880-915 MHz; DCS
1710-1785 MHz; PCS 1850-1910 MHz

Receiving frequency: GSM 869-894 MHz; GSM 925-960 MHz; DCS
1805-1880 MHz; PCS 1930-1990 MHz

Bluetooth Radio Specifications
Single band support: ISM 2.4 GHz
Power Class: Bluetooth Class 2

Transmitting and receiving frequency: 2402 to 2480 MHz
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AMR
[/td] [td]
AMR/Narrowband Half Rate (speech mode version 3), all 6 AHR rates
AMR/Narrowband Full Rate (speech mode version 3), all 8 AFR rates
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Recommended Temperature Parameters
[/td] [td]
Handheld - Operating: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F
Handheld - Storage: 10 to 30°C / 50 to 86°F, with battery
Travel charger - Operating: 0 to 45°C / 32 to 113°F
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Baseline Software Support
[/td] [td]
GPRSOS Platform 4.2.0
BlackBerry 4.6.1 Applications
[/td] [/tr][/table]

^Pmd you.

*EDIT*
To get the phone for $49.99 you must get the data plan for the line. you can take it off after the first month.
I have the phone for flexpay also.

Just sold a Blackberry Tour on Sprint to NTER SNEAKERKING757, hassle free and I overnight shipped it for free.

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE. PM ME.

Facebook is messing up on my 8330, I s any else having this problem? And how can I fix it? It keeps saying my session is up login again.

white-rim-ctia-10-sm.jpg

Originally Posted by Engadget

RIM kinda already spilled these beans last week at CTIA, but just for good measure, AT&T went ahead and officially announced the white version of the BlackBerry Bold today, and it's exactly as we expected: the launch will come on October 18 for the same price as the black version -- so unless they cut the black's price between now and next week, we're looking at $199.99 on contract after rebate. That's a lot to pay for a year-old phone when the successor is seeming weeks away (at most), but then again, we'll admit it, the white accents suit this phone insanely well -- so well, in fact, that it almost qualifies as a new model as far as we're concerned. Are we crazy?

I want that BB Bold
frown.gif

Im stuck with getting a Tour

Whats all this bad news im hearing about the trackball

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by piczon1983

http://YuraS718.u.yuku.com
You can see the trending topics with ubertwitter. It's in the menu

Yea I was looking at the program again last night after I made the review and noticed it. I just never noticed it before
eyes.gif

WallPaper Changer basically does what it says.. you can set different intervals to have your wall paper changed. I think you can select a folder, or input thepitcures in the app itself. I had it set to change every 12 hours.

And yes you have to pay for BeeJive, but i personally think it's worth it. I hate the Aim app thats installed on the bb.

And yes you have to pay for BeeJive, but i personally think it's worth it. I hate the Aim app thats installed on the bb.
Talking about Mobile IM? You can download actual AIM through AppWorld, I have no complaints really from it (then again, I've only used itmaybe 10 times. I rarely use it).

Anyone can offer some help with my BB Bold

Every time I go to watch a Youtube Video

it states "switch to WAP" then error code

do I need apn setting from my provider or am I doing something wrong

is BOLD capable of watching youtube. thanks

Originally Posted by jbeezie

I want that BB Bold
frown.gif

Im stuck with getting a Tour

Whats all this bad news im hearing about the trackball
my girlfriend had a release date Tour. she's on her 3rd one now due to the trackball issues. the latest one is perfect, though.

8520 users, just give a simple yes or no... do you like your phone?

My old Curve JUST died and I'm on the fence about getting an old Bold 8900, Curve 8520, or waiting a couple of weeks and getting the new 9700.

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

white-rim-ctia-10-sm.jpg

RIM kinda already spilled these beans last week at CTIA, but just for good measure, AT&T went ahead and officially announced the white version of the BlackBerry Bold today, and it's exactly as we expected: the launch will come on October 18 for the same price as the black version -- so unless they cut the black's price between now and next week, we're looking at $199.99 on contract after rebate. That's a lot to pay for a year-old phone when the successor is seeming weeks away (at most), but then again, we'll admit it, the white accents suit this phone insanely well -- so well, in fact, that it almost qualifies as a new model as far as we're concerned. Are we crazy?

Ive had the Bold for about a year now with ATT.
Ive had insurance on it the whole time.
What are the chances I get this white version if my current bold gets lost or stops working?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

8520 users, just give a simple yes or no... do you like your phone?

My old Curve JUST died and I'm on the fence about getting an old Bold 8900, Curve 8520, or waiting a couple of weeks and getting the new 9700.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

white-rim-ctia-10-sm.jpg

Ive had the Bold for about a year now with ATT.
Ive had insurance on it the whole time.
What are the chances I get this white version if my current bold gets lost or stops working?
nerd.gif
Slim to none. You would do better tryna find someone to swap with your or just buying the case online and swapping it out yourself.

Back
Top Bottom