...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by HyphySole

If I got a blackberry, do I need the bb data plan to use it? I basically just want it for texting and calling cause I like the qwerty on it.
I think when you first sign the contract you have to add the bb data plan, but i'm pretty sure you can just take it off the next billingcycle.

JUST GOT IN THE 9700 FOR AT&T $249 NEW LINE OR UPGRADE FREE SHIPPING W/TRACKING
NO MAIL IN REBATES.

PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED, SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY.

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

Originally Posted by viiheaven

blackberry experts, i'm having trouble updating my curve 8900. anyway i can just directly update it without using my cpu? thanks.
You're talking about the OS update, right?

Options ---> Advanced Options ---> Wireless Update
i have version 4.6.1.114 and it says no upgrades available but i thought there was a recent upgrade..
anyone?
nerd.gif

unless your carrier pushes an OTA update, you will have to connect to a computer to update your OS.
Even then, that's only for minor OS updates (like going to a later version of the same OS) To go from 4.5/4.6/4.7 to 5.0, the file is too big to OTAupdate, so it has to be done by computer

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

unless your carrier pushes an OTA update, you will have to connect to a computer to update your OS.
Even then, that's only for minor OS updates (like going to a later version of the same OS) To go from 4.5/4.6/4.7 to 5.0, the file is too big to OTA update, so it has to be done by computer

it never lets me up date on my computer..it says something about connection failure every time.. anyone sheed some light?

just copped the 9700 for $60 with no contract..
going from an iphone to this is going to be difficult..(i keep touching the screen)

216f352c add me to the list , loving the 9700 . Any tips to help get that great battery life i been hearing about , besides closing apps when not using . duh

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

Even then, that's only for minor OS updates (like going to a later version of the same OS) To go from 4.5/4.6/4.7 to 5.0, the file is too big to OTA update, so it has to be done by computer

it never lets me up date on my computer..it says something about connection failure every time.. anyone sheed some light?

what version of the blackberry desktop do you have? and are you using a mac or pc? i know the latest version of the bb desktop came out this week and i believeit went from 4.7 to 5.0. but hollowpoints is correct, i updated my 8900 OS from 4.6 to 5.0 through crackberry links but i had to sync it to my pc. there isabsolutely no lag on my phone and the threaded sms is a NICE touch. i know the OS 5.0 is a beta but i had no bugs at all

I got a question for anyone who has the 8900, what do you guys use to upload and post pics on the internet, or atleast NT?

I need help guys, this is my first time asking for help on here and I'm not sure if this has been asked but

Well, I have a Curve 8900 and I accidentally switched the language input to Espanol and then switched it back to English and now, it has that EN on the topright hand corner of my BB. And it's mad annoying and I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of it.

& I did not consider backing up my BB until now because I've looked on google and wiping it out on desktop manager after being backed up is an optionbut I'm unsure about it.

What exactly gets wiped out? And isn't it pointless to back up now because it'll just load the options that I previously had before which includes theEN on the top right corner?

PLEASE, PM or Reply to this thread. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by just reason

going from an iphone to this is going to be difficult..(i keep touching the screen)
How in the heck did you pull that off?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by just reason

How in the heck did you pull that off?
Word. How you dudes getting these deals? I just paid $430 for mine
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom