...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

Originally Posted by BangDak

^Every JHS/HS kid has a blackberry now anyway.
not true in oakland...I swear every kid  has a sidekick....
its about 1/3 here in the DMV that have a SK LX

1/3 have a Curve, 1/3 have the iPhone

the rest have an Android phone

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

thats 3/3's that would not leave anyone else left with phones...sorry im a math teacher!
roll.gif

^^^^^ Thats dope
pimp.gif

Can someone send me the link for the OS 5.0 and how to install it. I wanna know if this can work with a Rogers bb. Thnx in advance.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

thats 3/3's that would not leave anyone else left with phones...sorry im a math teacher!
roll.gif

roll.gif
Hence why I was NEVER a math major.

i just copped a unlocked bb tour but my data isnt working...when i turn 1xev the data works but the voice doesnt work..anyone know how to fix this?

Seriously, how the eff do you update the OS? I need help. I downloaded the newest OS 5.0 to my PC but I dont know what to do next.

where's the best place to go if you're looking to modify the blackberry housing? i'm not 100% set on taking apart my 9700 since i heard it's tough and could potentially void your warranty, but i'd like to know just in case. any info would be much appreciated, thank you!

how is the aim on a blackberry 9700 ? i have an iphone and i might get a blackberry for tmobile .. is everything else good ? reply quick please

Originally Posted by e5antos

Yeah I've been looking at that but I can't find the Vendor file let alone any of the folders in my computer.

Back up your phone with Desktop Manager before you do anything.

1. Download OS to PC.

2. Install OS by clicking the .exe.

3. Delete Vendor.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

4. Plug BB into computer via USB.

5. Click Loader.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

6. Follow on screen instructions.

7. New OS should be loaded.

Before I load a new OS, I usually do a complete wipe with JL_Cmder.

Originally Posted by quik1987

A landscape slider would have been better IMO

+1,000

A Blackberry that had a full keyboard and iphone like touchscreen? WIN. Let the keyboard slide out like the HTC Touch Pro 2.

^^^^add me
2194473a

edit: which of the 5.0 updates is the best for tmo (8900)
is it still havin the issue with the lock button?

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

how is the aim on a blackberry 9700 ? i have an iphone and i might get a blackberry for tmobile .. is everything else good ? reply quick please
In my experience just using the pre-installed AIM program, it was pretty good.  Immediate response, no real lag, no complaints.  I haven't used it extensively or compared other IM programs so I'm not sure how it stacks up, though.

Back
Top Bottom