...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Looks like RIM is losing a mlot of customers.
It's losing customers that shouldn't have had these handsets to begin with.

It is a business phone
Yes, but their growth no longer came from corporate accounts. It was stagnating so they chased consumers which is why they made the Pearl, Flip and Storm. I still see people with the 8700 series and chances are those were given by their company. If they focused on updating their OS more frequently instead of minor phone upgrades (see Tour/Bold), they'd be in a better position. Right now, they remind me of Palm who was once ahead of the game but rested on their laurels and now everyone is passing them by. RIM just doesn't have what it takes to compete in the consumer space.

And why would you make a slider your flagship phone?
laugh.gif
It's not a popular form factor.

after 6 blackberrys i made the switch over to the EVO ... i don't miss bbm 1 bit ...

it does everything and then some ... why not take adv of all the features phones have nowadays ... RIM has lost me for good

It is a business phone
too bad they're getting handed DA business when it comes to its competitors....and take it like this, if you don't appeal to da casual market AND da geeks you wont last

The reason RIM is slowly sinking is easy. What made Blackberries popular... Email Exchange, OS and its keyboard. Well now email exchange capabilities can be found on the iPhone 4 and some Android Smartphones, in 2010 NOBODY wants a slide up phone... the 2 best selling phones are the iPhone 4 & Evo 4g both all touchscreen no QWERTY keyboard and finally even tho Blackberry still has a decent OS people look at it as stagnant and lacking, the future is now Open-Source operating systems... BB has been basically repackaging the same OS since the highly acclaimed BB Curve which came out in 07

This decade will be the decade of social networking BOTH young and older adults want high powered smartphones that can easily be incorporated into their social life. 720P recording... 8MP cameras.. Frontfacing camera's for video chat and etc the Torch offers none of that!

NT, what is good blackberry phone to cop right now? I'm going to use it with T-Mobile. I had the Storm up until about a week ago when I broke the screen for the 3rd time, so I don't plan on fixing it no more. Right now I'm using a Curve 8320, i like it, but it's kinda slow. So I'm looking for something better... any thoughts?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

The reason RIM is slowly sinking is easy. What made Blackberries popular... Email Exchange, OS and its keyboard. Well now email exchange capabilities can be found on the iPhone 4 and some Android Smartphones...

No, no, no... RIM has never utilized that Exchange carp - they have thrived on push email, which is much better, faster and secure.

For a GOOD 45 days, I test-drove that iPhone 4.  Honestly, I couldn't put it down.  Between apps, web browsing and... well, only that, I considered that phone to be a mini-entertainment machine.  Then I realized it was a phone, or smartphone.  Making a simple phone call (with a phone, mind you) became an arduous and, ultimately, disappointing task.  I didn't receive my emails in a timely manner, especially when I work in an environment where lag time is considered to be an opportunity missed.  Anyway, I would gladly sacrifice form for function.  Besides, touch screen typing is ANNOYING for a perfectionist like me and I need a phone that can last more than 8 hours on a full charge.

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

NT, what is good blackberry phone to cop right now? I'm going to use it with T-Mobile. I had the Storm up until about a week ago when I broke the screen for the 3rd time, so I don't plan on fixing it no more. Right now I'm using a Curve 8320, i like it, but it's kinda slow. So I'm looking for something better... any thoughts?

I think the newest Blackberry for T-Mo is the Bold 9700.

BB is getting a bit boring...especially with the ridiculous lag i'm getting on my BBM the past 3 weeks. Anyone still experiencing it?

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

BB is getting a bit boring...especially with the ridiculous lag i'm getting on my BBM the past 3 weeks. Anyone still experiencing it?
This is ALL I keep hearing about smartphones period.  People who have a BB are bored and those who have an iPhone get bored as well.  I gave up my iPhone 4 yesterday for a Torch.  The reception on my i4 was completely unacceptable and I was tired of dealing with it.  I'm satisfied with the Torch.  It does what it's suppose to do and does it pretty good.

my contract with At&t has been expired for a while now and its a shame that all their blackberrys are subpar. For the $200 price tag, I don't see how the Torch, and both bolds are in the same category as the iphone4. I've had my curve 8310 for 2 years and my only complaint is that its been beat up and its slow. IMO the bolds would be perfect if they dropped to $100, but for now I'd rather stick with the curve than cop anything new.

Or...

would I be better off keeping the curve, using my upgrade to cop and iphone4 and flip it?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

This is ALL I keep hearing about smartphones period.  People who have a BB are bored and those who have an iPhone get bored as well.  I gave up my iPhone 4 yesterday for a Torch.  The reception on my i4 was completely unacceptable and I was tired of dealing with it.  I'm satisfied with the Torch.  It does what it's suppose to do and does it pretty good.

yeah, this applies to almost everything. you get a nice car... but after awhile no matter how nice it is, you will get bored. same with women, same with other gadgets.

my contract with At&t has been expired for a while now and its a shame that all their blackberrys are subpar. For the $200 price tag, I don't see how the Torch, and both bolds are in the same category as the iphone4. I've had my curve 8310 for 2 years and my only complaint is that its been beat up and its slow. IMO the bolds would be perfect if they dropped to $100, but for now I'd rather stick with the curve than cop anything new.

Or...

would I be better off keeping the curve, using my upgrade to cop and iphone4 and flip it?

Or...

I went from Bold to iPhone 4 and couldn't be happier. If I were in a professional field I would obviously rather have the BB, but the i4 is everything I've wanted from a phone.

Originally Posted by alljayevryjay

Or...

i'd definitely keep the curve and flip your upgraded phone for $

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Da R Entertainment, my dude is so confused.
laugh.gif
homey stay back & forth

I HAD to come back this go round
laugh.gif
  The reception on the i4 was horrid
smh.gif
I would go from 3G to Edge to No Service all in less than 30 seconds in cycles
tired.gif

laugh.gif
homey stay back & forth

laugh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

what area are you located in?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

It is a business phone
too bad they're getting handed blackberry isn't giving me DA business when it come to like its competitors....and take it like this me, if you don't appeal to da casual market AND da geeks you wont last

there. fixed it for ya
wink.gif

The reason RIM is slowly sinking is easy. What made Blackberries popular... Email Exchange, OS and its keyboard. Well now email exchange capabilities can be found on the iPhone 4 and some Android Smartphones, in 2010 NOBODY wants a slide up phone... the 2 best selling phones are the iPhone 4 & Evo 4g both all touchscreen no QWERTY keyboard and finally even tho Blackberry still has a decent OS people look at it as stagnant and lacking, the future is now Open-Source operating systems... BB has been basically repackaging the same OS since the highly acclaimed BB Curve which came out in 07

This decade will be the decade of social networking BOTH young and older adults want high powered smartphones that can easily be incorporated into their social life. 720P recording... 8MP cameras.. Frontfacing camera's for video chat and etc

Blackberry torch is $149 from me right now.

This decade will be the decade of social networking BOTH young and older adults want high powered smartphones that can easily be incorporated into their social life. 720P recording... 8MP cameras.. Frontfacing camera's for video chat and etc

Blackberry torch is $149 from me right now.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

laugh.gif
homey stay back & forth

laugh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

what area are you located in?
Chicago.  The iPhone had a serious problem trying to switch from 3G to Edge.  I say that because I noticed how smoothly it hands off to each other on my Torch now.  On the iPhone I would have 1 bar on 3G and then no service and sometimes it would flip to Edge.  It was very aggy to say the least.

Try to charge it with your computer usb. Might work. My 9700 has been doin some strange things also

alright i need some help
im going to mexico for a few days and takeing my phone just in case of an emergency and i need to make a call.
so i dont get a 2000 bill like the Nt'er who posted a couple days ago, can i just go into the connections screen>mobile network options>data services off?

Back
Top Bottom