...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I feel the exact opposite, I played with the torch the other day and I officially fell out of love with it. At first I was pumped about the torch but then when I demo'd it, it just didn't do it for me. I have owned bbs for that past 6 years and I have had the bold 9000 for almost 2 years wAiting for the newest bb. But the torch is flawed, the web browser still isn't smooth, and lags like crazy. To say the least I bought an iPhone 4 instead. Damn RIM your slackin

Originally Posted by chickhien

just got back from playing with the torch for about 30 minutes. first initial reaction, i loved it. i always wanted a touchscreen with physical keyboard aka souped up palm. but the slider is a deal breaker for me. not that the slider is poorly designed...it's just i can't stand slider phones period.

yep.........its not a bad fone though........went to ATT after the gym check out that and the iphone..........

the camera was real nice........the touchscreen was responsive.........i dunno itll grow on me.......the screen is big and nice..............you dont gotta use the keyboard either you can use it as a touchscreen fone....... i like it but i dont like it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Anyone heard of the release date for the Torch on T-Mobile?
As far as I know, there isn't one.  But an updated 9700 should be coming to T-Mobile, double the memory, better camera, and OS6 preloaded, I believe.

On the subject, the Torch is a good phone, just a year or so too late if RIM wanted to be innovative or on the forefront.  It's an improvement to areas they were lacking in, but it's nothing truly new besides the browser.  If it was on T-Mobile I'd consider upgrading, but even with the beefed up 9700, I still will be plenty happy with my current 9700.  I'll see how OS6 runs on it eventually, but I don't really care how "outdated" the OS is, everything I need or want a phone to do, mine does well enough.

I never quite get why people get so upset or seem personally offended when corporations don't meet their every need and desire.  If you want your phone to have video chat or HDMI out, then buy an Android phone or the iPhone.  If you need a big touchscreen, then get a phone with a big touchscreen.  Don't complain when one company doesn't offer it, when others do... just get the other phone
laugh.gif

I feel the exact opposite, I played with the torch the other day and I officially fell out of love with it. At first I was pumped about the torch but then when I demo'd it, it just didn't do it for me. I have owned bbs for that past 6 years and I have had the bold 9000 for almost 2 years wAiting for the newest bb. But the torch is flawed, the web browser still isn't smooth, and lags like crazy. To say the least I bought an iPhone 4 instead. Damn RIM your slackin

Maybe you got a torch that had lag, the one ive played with was perfect and was used by my at&t rep.

At&t needed a new blackberry by now, tmobile really needs one asap too.

i got the torch when it first dropped on thursday. My 2-year contract was up and im new to Blackberry coming from the iPhone 3G. Im VERY satisfied with the torch. I was really contemplating whether to get the torch or the iPhone4, but honestly I got sick of the iPhone and all the new problems with the 4 just turned me away. What i like the most about the torch is the social feed. BBM is also a stong drawing point for me. Its basically whats your taste is between the iPhone and the torch. yes, the torch is no where near the iphones specs but it doesnt mean its not a good phone. the touch screen and the keyboard is a very nice combination and its the best of both worlds. RIM did not fail at all with the torch, i think its a nice step up and leaves room for more improvement.

Originally Posted by nauthewmon

i got the torch when it first dropped on thursday. My 2-year contract was up and im new to Blackberry coming from the iPhone 3G. Im VERY satisfied with the torch. I was really contemplating whether to get the torch or the iPhone4, but honestly I got sick of the iPhone and all the new problems with the 4 just turned me away. What i like the most about the torch is the social feed. BBM is also a stong drawing point for me. Its basically whats your taste is between the iPhone and the torch. yes, the torch is no where near the iphones specs but it doesnt mean its not a good phone. the touch screen and the keyboard is a very nice combination and its the best of both worlds. RIM did not fail at all with the torch, i think its a nice step up and leaves room for more improvement.

good stuff, thanks for your review/thoughts. looking forward to getting mine soon.

Dont sleep on the blackberry torch, the touchscreen is designed to be very responsive and there is no lag at all.

It has the pinch zoom just like the iphone and live gps and updates.

I'm switching to BB after my contract is up next year. I miss having buttons.
hopefully something worthwhile is out by then

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Dont sleep on the blackberry torch, the touchscreen is designed to be very responsive and there is no lag at all.

It has the pinch zoom just like the iphone and live gps and updates.

Man the torch is weak
I picked it up ah couple days ago and honestly
it has no purpose smh...hell half of the time i forget its
a touchscreen and really the only thing I enjoy is the
new OS so I think I"ll be returning this whiting the next
few days and possibly grabbing ah iphone....Luckily I still
have my tour so that'll get activated again.

Im not even looking at a Blackberry Torch. If the Storm 3 or another BlackBerry touchscreen phone with OS6 is released to compete with the EVO and iPhone and Droid brands, then I will be enthused to get it. If not, Im keeping my Tour.

Blackberry has been letting its customer base down. Even though it is more of a business phone, on the personal side it is obselete in comparision to other phones.

Looks like RIM is losing a mlot of customers. I have a Tour but I'm making that switch to the EVO once I get the money.

Anyone try to return a 9700 or any Blackberry under warranty with the little white sticker missing? I decided to be a cool guy and change out the bezel, but now my phone is giving me problems. My carrier already sent me a replacement phone, I'm wondering if I should just send my old phone back as is (without the warranty sticker) or try to make a "fake" sticker. 
eyes.gif

RIM really needs to step it up, though.

The Torch is decent at best. It's like those fools purposely release phones that are 1-2 steps behind what the iPhone/Android competitors are offering.

I've been part of the BB faithful for years now....but it's really time for them to deliver a flagship phone.

Sales are so disappointing for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 that Research In Motion has decided to halve its price from $199 to $99 only one week after its launch. You can find the deal in many online retailers.
This huge price cut follows disappointing sales, perhaps caused by generalized bad reviews in the press... or the simple fact that the Torch is just a bad phone compared to the competition. While this could be RIM's best BlackBerry phone, the 9800 has a ridiculous 480x360-pixel 3.2-inch screen—which pales in comparison with the iPhone 4 and the top Android phones—and a messy operating system which "fixes none of the major problems with BlackBerry."

A 50% price cut one week into the product's life is definitely not good news for Research In Motion, who was hoping this was going to be the great savior against ferocious competition from Apple and Google.

The discounted Torch is available from Amazon and many other online resellers with a two-year AT&T contract. AT&T's page hasn't been updated yet. [Wirefly]

Send an email to Jesus Diaz, the author of this post, at /gizmodo.com/5614455/blackberry-torch-now-available-at-half-price-after-bad-sales">http://gizmodo.com/561445...lf-price-after-bad-sales">[email protected].

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

RIM really needs to step it up, though.

The Torch is decent at best. It's like those fools purposely release phones that are 1-2 steps behind what the iPhone/Android competitors are offering.

I've been part of the BB faithful for years now....but it's really time for them to deliver a flagship phone.

agreed.

all in all though, if the torch launched with a high-res screen + a faster processor, there wouldn't be any of this talk at all. RIM really messed up there. i hope to see the next os6 touchscreen phone to be
pimp.gif
tho. no more sub-1ghz processors and low-res screens. RIM needs to flex their muscles man.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Looks like RIM is losing a mlot of customers.
It's losing customers that shouldn't have had these handsets to begin with.

It is a business phone

This. People got caught up in the hype and they mad their not doin what Apple is doin.

According to Gizmodo, the Torch is now half off due to poor sales.

Originally Posted by rhester

Sales are so disappointing for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 that Research In Motion has decided to halve its price from $199 to $99 only one week after its launch. You can find the deal in many online retailers.
This huge price cut follows disappointing sales, perhaps caused by generalized bad reviews in the press... or the simple fact that the Torch is just a bad phone compared to the competition. While this could be RIM's best BlackBerry phone, the 9800 has a ridiculous 480x360-pixel 3.2-inch screen—which pales in comparison with the iPhone 4 and the top Android phones—and a messy operating system which "fixes none of the major problems with BlackBerry."

A 50% price cut one week into the product's life is definitely not good news for Research In Motion, who was hoping this was going to be the great savior against ferocious competition from Apple and Google.

The discounted Torch is available from Amazon and many other online resellers with a two-year AT&T contract. AT&T's page hasn't been updated yet. [Wirefly]

Send an email to Jesus Diaz, the author of this post, at /gizmodo.com/5614455/blackberry-torch-now-available-at-half-price-after-bad-sales">http://gizmodo.com/561445...lf-price-after-bad-sales">[email protected].

RIM needs to replace that "M" on their name to a "P" R.I.P

Originally Posted by rhester

RIM needs to replace that "M" on their name to a "P" R.I.P

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Looks like RIM is losing a mlot of customers.
It's losing customers that shouldn't have had these handsets to begin with.

It is a business phone

eh. yes & no
their trying to target a younger crowd as of late.
Like someone else said on here, blackberrys can
only compete with other blackberrys. RIM has
basically released the same phone with a different
name 3 times in the last year no lie.

Back
Top Bottom