...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

i just joined the blackberry family yesterday (been on Treos for past 3 years). and i cant believe ive been converted in under 24 hours. got a refurb curvethru at&t for 49.99...i'm still missing my touch screen tho, but the scrollball is aite

Man I just spent a good 2 hours reading through this post, and i gotta say i was COMPLETELY SLEEPING on my 8320'sfull capabilities. I downloaded a bunch of apps and themes.
happy.gif

just got my 8320 for T-mobile like a week ago... and my wifi doesn't work???i could connect to networks/connections from where I'm at but when I try togo to sites a message pops up and says "your service doesn't provide this option" ?

I also tried to add my friends' PINs on BBM...but it's been pending for the past week...

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I'm thinking about leaving Verizon and going to T-mobile to get a Blackberry for a descent price....thought At&t is dang near GIVIN' them thangs away

laugh.gif
Why would you go to Tmobile when you can get a better plan with better service and a cheaper price on your phone for the same price?

you guys make me laugh.

because after I did the math (which correct me if I'm wrong) havin' a blackberry on verizon would automatically put me at at least a 100 month, andthat wasn't evern including text messaging. Do you have a bb on verizon? how much are you paying? Verizon's family plans are also crazy and that'sthe next step for me

I just unlocked and iphone and I've been messing with it for a while...... I might have to make that switch if the person who's iphone this is wantstoo much for it..... But if that happens then I'll finally have a Curve. Quick question though, are pins distributed through the sim card or by phone? If Itake my sim card from my pearl and put it in a Curve will I have a new pin?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I just unlocked and iphone and I've been messing with it for a while...... I might have to make that switch if the person who's iphone this is wants too much for it..... But if that happens then I'll finally have a Curve. Quick question though, are pins distributed through the sim card or by phone? If I take my sim card from my pearl and put it in a Curve will I have a new pin?

It's through the phone I believe. I had to re-add my friends when I changed from the Pearl to the Curve also.

i just got this thing, and its not giving me the option to add an existing email when i do the setup wizard....

it jsut says do i want to use a blackberry email account w/ BB enterprise server OR skip the email step.

how do i add a gmail addy?

any way to get my contact list i had on my sim with my SK, to the BB now?

Originally Posted by I Got A Story To tell

i just got this thing, and its not giving me the option to add an existing email when i do the setup wizard....

it jsut says do i want to use a blackberry email account w/ BB enterprise server OR skip the email step.

how do i add a gmail addy?

any way to get my contact list i had on my sim with my SK, to the BB now?

I think you have to make sure you're on the BB internet plan, I was having that same problem and I went to a store and found out that I had the wrongplan setup. Once that got changed then within 15 minutes I got the option to set up email

CHiCHiLOVES5s wrote:

a2d35ea4ea03bac7bb75094dfc7e66c245d8900.bmp

finally got it to work
smile.gif

And you must be quite popular to have 110 unread messages

i'm running the 4.5 beta ...FINALLY video recording on my curve... just cant get the youtube part to work like others have ...so far so good though ...andthe new today L theme is lovely

because after I did the math (which correct me if I'm wrong) havin' a blackberry on verizon would automatically put me at at least a 100 month, and that wasn't evern including text messaging. Do you have a bb on verizon? how much are you paying? Verizon's family plans are also crazy and that's the next step for me

On Verizon, you'll be paying for whatever voice plan you pick + $30 for BIS, which is unlimited data/email. BES is the $45/month packagefor enterprise server (corporate plan). All things considered, Verizon's pricing comes in close to the other carriers (AT&T charges $35 for BIS data).
T-Mo has a decent voice/data plan for 70/month, but it's 1000 anytime minutes, no nighttime, weekend, or mobile to mobile.

I'm on a 700 minute family plan ( 1 BB, 1 regular cell) with BIS data, $5/month for 250 texts= $96 a month, with a 19% discount through my employer

And, yes- new Blackberry device= new PIN

Sik...easiest way to add email to a BB is to do it through the Internet. Get on your computer, go to tmobile.com, register an account (My T-Mobile account) andthen log into your account. It will automatically recognize you have a BB so you just need to scroll down to the middle half of the page and look for"messaging" and right underneath that you will see " set up BlackBerry Internet email" click on that and it should take you directly towhere you can just add the accounts that you want.

Oh and who ever that was that was running OS 4.5....where and HOW????

if anyone wants links for your device just pm me ....if yall havent installed a new OS ...ill give you a link for directions its easy

langfor,

good looks, i think my account is just screwed up, bc when i log on to mytmobile, it still has an sk3 by my name and talks about a sidekick guide on the page.

oh well, a trip to the mall is in order.

Sik,

You can change what phone shows up on your My T-Mobile account. Just click on the SK and change it to the Curve. That might help to make the BB Internet Emailset up to show up.

my jivetalk trial just ran out, anyone got that $5 coupon? i tried RIMEDU but the code expired
tired.gif

the messaging service that comes with the curve is straight buns
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I Got A Story To tell

ok ok

thanks, i did it online now, but how do i set it up on the actual phone.

it still doesnt give me the add an outside email option.

go to the set up internet e-mail icon... and from thereyou can add your email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.)

Originally Posted by drucheex

i'm running the 4.5 beta ...FINALLY video recording on my curve... just cant get the youtube part to work like others have ...so far so good though ...and the new today L theme is lovely

nerd.gif

Where'd you get the 4.5 beta?

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Originally Posted by drucheex

i'm running the 4.5 beta ...FINALLY video recording on my curve... just cant get the youtube part to work like others have ...so far so good though ...and the new today L theme is lovely

nerd.gif

Where'd you get the 4.5 beta?

? Word post the link or throw a PM this way...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom