...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I DL'd operamini, the down load went fine. When i try to use it on NT for example it will load a page or two, then I get an error message "uncaughtexception:java.lang.AriaylndexOutofboundsexception" or something like that. Anybody know what's up with this????

pin-23FB4A8B

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

this is probably a stupid question but - why are people posting their pin numbers?

This same question has been answered plenty of times. I believe the answer is on the page before this one.

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

i guess to connect with new people? i dont know mine though

I've never used mine, but I'm pretty sure it's some type of IM or text type message.

To find it go to options>status it'll be on that page.

Finally got the Pearl last night. I love it so far. I just have a few questions, though. I'm with Verizon and I got the $29.99/month BB unlimited email andweb browsing plan. However, although I set up my gmail account up with the phone, I'm still unable to get on the internet. Everytime I click on thebrowser, it simply takes me to a Services/Settings page; I don't even have a "Go To" option. Can anybody please help me out?

Ok quick question. You guys are talking about miniopera and all these other programs. WHAT ARE THEY FOR??? WHERE CAN I GET INFO ON ALL THE PROGRAMS TO DOWNLOAD??? ALSO IS A 2gig MINI CARD GOOD ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GET BIGGER?

opeamini: Compresses the information and makes your browsing experience a bit better. However it does loose a bit of applications that you preloadedbrowser has by using less kb's. Such as dialing a number directly from the web (411) and copying pictures. A must have though.

maufait: a cool application, think of it as the free 411. It will give you all the info you need:
whats around your area such as food, malls, movies, stores and basically anything else you can think of. It will give you movie times and obviously the numbersto locations also.

google maps: You know what this is already, if not it's a map feature which also gives you traffic updates and a satelite view.

soft reset: Most of the 8830 (not sure about the curve or pearl) have a problem with freezing when surfing the net. You simply click this button and yourblackberry resets (you no longer have to remove the battery for 10 seconds).

All these applications are free Google them.

s bubl
Try doing a soft reset (remove the battery and wait 10 seconds). I know you have asked a ton of questions and gotten no response. I'll hit you up onmessenger if you need more help.

PIN:32CB50D0

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by skierluke3

any blackberry without a full keyboard is whack...
sorry for all the pearl lovers but you cant hit 50 wpm on that little thing

laugh.gif
who really needs to type 50wpm on a cell phone?
Son is texting a term paper
roll.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

i guess to connect with new people? i dont know mine though

I've never used mine, but I'm pretty sure it's some type of IM or text type message.

To find it go to options>status it'll be on that page.

Yeah its for BLACKBERRY MESSANGER. I dont use it.
opeamini: Compresses the information and makes your browsing experience a bit better. However it does loose a bit of applications that you preloaded browser has by using less kb's. Such as dialing a number directly from the web (411) and copying pictures. A must have though.

maufait: a cool application, think of it as the free 411. It will give you all the info you need:
whats around your area such as food, malls, movies, stores and basically anything else you can think of. It will give you movie times and obviously the numbers to locations also.

google maps: You know what this is already, if not it's a map feature which also gives you traffic updates and a satelite view.

soft reset: Most of the 8830 (not sure about the curve or pearl) have a problem with freezing when surfing the net. You simply click this button and your blackberry resets (you no longer have to remove the battery for 10 seconds).

All these applications are free Google them
.Wow thanks. I will google maufait. That sounds pretty cool. Thanks again.

[table][tr][td]
411_icn.gif

With Maufait 411/local you can search by business name/type, or use our popular QuickLinks. Click to call. Get driving directions. Create favorites.​
[/td] [td]
direction_icn.gif

Maufait free Driving Directions on mobile is a fast and easy way to get directions when you are on the go. Have directions emailed for back up and when you are out of signal.​
[/td] [td]
flight_icn.gif

Maufait free Flight Tracker on mobile is a fast and easy way to get flight arrival and departure times.​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
movie_icn.gif

With Maufait free Movie show time service, you can quickly find when a movie is playing in your nearby theater and you can also buy tickets from your phone.​
[/td] [td]
stock_icn.gif

With Maufait free Stock Quotes, you can quickly check stock price, create and track portfolio. Market Momentum offers snapshot of Indexes, top gainers and losers.​
[/td] [td]
weather_icn.gif

Maufait free Weather offers US and International weather in celsius and fahrenheit. You can also check 5 day forecast.​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
news.jpg

Maufait News brings Breaking News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, US and World news to your cell phone in mobile firendly format.​
[/td] [td]
gas.jpg

While gas prices are skyrocketing, our "Find Lowest Gas Prices" service comes very handy. You can find lowest gas prices near your location.​
[/td] [td]
phonebook.jpg

Maufait InstaFind is a fast and easy way to quickly find a person and their phone number in the phone book. One click calling makes it even more convenient.​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
lottery.jpg

Maufait lottery covers lottery results from all 50 states. You can now get the results on your cell phone. You no longer have to be infront of a PC​
[/td] [/tr][/table]Type in: bb.maufait.com on your BB
To download

does anyone have a problem with the scrolly ball thing not working well after a while... after a year or so on my bb I can't get the ball to move down allthe time and it is quite annoying.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but, I just downloaded the free 30 day trial for Jivetalk and I was wondering if it used text messages or data. Idon't have a texting plan, but I do have unlimited web browsing/email services (data?) so I was curious.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but, I just downloaded the free 30 day trial for Jivetalk and I was wondering if it used text messages or data. I don't have a texting plan, but I do have unlimited web browsing/email services (data?) so I was curious.
It uses your Data Plan.

Verizon sucks...the MobileIM program they have for the 8830 can connect to either AIM, Windows Live, or Yahoo...bad part is they are billed as text messages,not data.

Originally Posted by DA6

I'm sure this has been asked before, but, I just downloaded the free 30 day trial for Jivetalk and I was wondering if it used text messages or data. I don't have a texting plan, but I do have unlimited web browsing/email services (data?) so I was curious.
It uses your Data Plan.

Is that 100% true?? Where can I look?

Is that 100% true?? Where can I look?

That was the first question I asked when I picked up my BB about a year ago. You only use texting when you send a SMS text message.

JiveTalk Helps BlackBerrys Get the Instant Message

By Melissa Oxendale
June 1, 2007

[table][tr][td]http://www.pdastreet.com/cgi-bin/di...Berrys Get the Instant Message&devicetype=rim[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://www.pdastreet.com/cgi-bin/di...Berrys Get the Instant Message&devicetype=rim
Click to View
[/td] [/tr][/table]BeeJive today announced JiveTalk Mobile Messenger for BlackBerrys. JiveTalk, which promises to allow you to log into multiple IM networks from a single, unified user-interface. Currently, JiveTalk works with AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ, and Jabber.
The software allows you to sign-on to multiple networks and multiple accounts per network. It works through the users' existing data plans, not SMS, so there are no additional per message charges.

As an instant messaging client, users have access to important desktop IM functions, including buddy list management, privacy controls, presence management, emoticons, and more. JiveTalk offers some mobile specific features; like customizable alerts and ringtones and integration with BlackBerry e-mail, phone, and browser applications.

After a 30-day trial period, you can opt for a $19.95 device license, which allows the program to run on one device without the option to change devices, or a $29.95 license, which stays allows for the switching devices anytime.

JiveTalk does require the BlackBerry OS 4.0 or higher. So it works with the newer BlackBerrys, such as the Curve, the Pearl, 8800, 8700, 7500, 7200, and 7100 Series.

We'll post a review of JiveTalk soon.

Source:http://www.blackberrytoday.com/articles/2007/6/2007-6-1-JiveTalk-Helps-BlackBerrys.html

BlackBerry Heads, Is the 8800 that much better than the Curve? is it worth me payin like 150 more? and what features are better? Im going to pick one of thetwo up on Sunday, so some quick help would be appreciated....

Get the Curve- full qwerty keyboard+camera, better choice than the 8800. As for Verizon, I read the Curve should be coming this 1st quarter of '08.

Back
Top Bottom