...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I currently have a Sprint Sero plan and i was wondering if i had to get anything else on my plan to get a blackberry and does anyone know anything about theBB that just came to Nextel

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

1. Besides Beejive can u refer me a good aim client program ?
Instango works just fine for me.

Quick question to those of you who've downloaded SLACKER RADIO. Can someone give me a Cliff's Notes about it? I've been on the site and it wantedme to start loading songs. I was thinking it was just a radio for the BB. What is it exactly?

Just wanted to post this for the hell of it but went to the tmobile store the other day and finally got to play with the 8900. I think this phone is cheaplymade IMO. Keyboard sucks and hard to type on, screen is nice but little smaller than the bolds. I have the Bold and like it much much more than the 8900.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Just wanted to post this for the hell of it but went to the tmobile store the other day and finally got to play with the 8900. I think this phone is cheaply made IMO. Keyboard sucks and hard to type on, screen is nice but little smaller than the bolds. I have the Bold and like it much much more than the 8900.

The 8900 keyboard is a lot smaller than the Bold's, for sure. It definitely takes time to get used to--it took me about a week or so to feel reallycomfortable with it. Now I can fly through texts/emails with no problem.

On another note, the Niagara is lookin' NICE. Probably my next BB since my contract is up in July. I just hope it has Wi-fi, but I'm not banking onit.

Definitely gonna try and get that Niagara when it drops...

My Sprint contract is up in August...Im cool with re-upping if I can get a good deal on that phone...

I am so conflicted right now. I have this stupid LG enV phone that I've had since August 07. My contract is finally up in a month but I have to stay withverizon because I am on a family plan. I want a nice 3g blackberry but I just can't deal with a touchscreen phone so the storm is out of the question.Maybe I can get used to it but I would prefer the Bold. Is the Niagara definitely coming for verizon? If so, I guess I will wait till the summer or wheneverfor it but as of right now I'm considering just getting a curve next month cause I am sick of the enV.

Slacker +$+@*....if you have a memory card in your BB..you can "Cache" stations. Next time you hook your BB to ur PC u can refresh the songs and the"Cache" stations go to your memory card for unlimited play where you have no wifi...like in a subway or the basement of your school.

Slacker by all means takes the cake on my Storm. I was 2 days from selling it when I found this out...then I found Opera to post on NT..oh it was a wrap!

The stock memory card says I don't have enough room to cache stations to it. I haven't even touched the memory card yet. Do I need to most likelyupgrade to a larger card anyways? Why do you need Opera to post on NT?

So Im finally eligible to upgrade, and im thinking of getting the curve from Verizon. Is there anything i should do or know once i get the phone?
Also is there a cheaper price for the data plan, rather then the extra 30$?
eyes.gif

i got the curve and i have a really hard time updating the OS on my phone. i'm trying to upgrade from a 4.3 to a 4.5, yet it always says i'm getting afatal error during the update. i've made sure the OS i'm trying to download is for my phone as well, so i don't know whats wrong. anyone else havethe same problem?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i got the curve and i have a really hard time updating the OS on my phone. i'm trying to upgrade from a 4.3 to a 4.5, yet it always says i'm getting a fatal error during the update. i've made sure the OS i'm trying to download is for my phone as well, so i don't know whats wrong. anyone else have the same problem?
u make sure u got the latest version of desktop manager?

Went to the mall today and played wit the BB's for the first time.
The screen on the 8900 is beast, but its mad small and feels a lil
flimsy made, but typing on it wouldnt be much of a prob to me.
The Bold on the other hand feels solid and right , maybe because
its basically the same size as the 8700 I used to have, just alot thinner.
Too bad the edge wont work as good on Tmo as the 8900 does, and
wont have the UMA.

The Niagra looks like a perfect balance between both. Im hatin Tmo
right now

Just picked up a BB Bold for about $250 US (no plan)....I tried it on both 2G mode and 3G mode and3G, is WAAAAAAAAY faster BY FAR....I really like the phone, I thought I would have an issue with typing on the flat keys, but there is none at all....and Ihave played with the curve....so glad I didn't get it...

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

How's EDGE vs 3G? Does it make a difference?
How's the default browsers vs Opera Mini? Safari Mobile is
pimp.gif
so I've been spoiled.

bid difference i wount even bother using the net if i dont have a 3g signal im spoiled by it
smokin.gif

Alright....so I just got my Storm.
I've had for about a week & I LOVE it.
Please hit me with some suggestions to make this thing real dope.
How do I get the opera browser?
What other apps can I get that would be cool?
Any suggestions NT?

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

Alright....so I just got my Storm.
I've had for about a week & I LOVE it.
Please hit me with some suggestions to make this thing real dope.
How do I get the opera browser?
What other apps can I get that would be cool?
Any suggestions NT?
try out some new themes and what not.. there are a bunch on crackberry dot com
as far as apps, i like viigo (for up to date info on news, sports, entertainment, etc).. weathereye and googlemaps.
if you're big on facebook and myspace, they're convenient too.

Back
Top Bottom