...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

i cant believe how popular blackberry is these days

ninjahood in here? even he finally gave up the sidekick?

i remember when NOBODY had these joints

3G>

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i cant believe how popular blackberry is these days

ninjahood in here? even he finally gave up the sidekick?

i remember when NOBODY had these joints

3G>
me give up on my 80 dollars a month unlimted everything plan on my sidekick lx 2009? that has 3g?
laugh.gif

@I Drink Your Milkshake Amazon is super legit,
but u need a credit/debit card to order. I guess
thats how they do their credit checks.

I've had my bold for 2 weeks and I LOVE it. Switched from a iphone3GS, had the 3g and the original previously, so you can see how long its been sinceI've had a "new" phone. Came with a free 4gb memory card which i've loaded music and movies on, the screen is clear and the speaker for soundis actually loud compared to that over hyped iphone one.

BOLD >

BTW, how to get my text messages to look like that chat bubbles like above?

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

I've had my bold for 2 weeks and I LOVE it. Switched from a iphone3GS, had the 3g and the original previously, so you can see how long its been since I've had a "new" phone. Came with a free 4gb memory card which i've loaded music and movies on, the screen is clear and the speaker for sound is actually loud compared to that over hyped iphone one.

BOLD >

Same here man. iphone 3g to the bold. One of the better decisions ive made
smile.gif

why walmart got 8520s for 48.88
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Wal mart gets the "left overs" of phones even when they come out.

Just hope you get a good working phone thatll last if not
ohwell.gif

so much for "black berries are for grown ups" cuz all da kiddies is messin wit this who doesn't already have a SK, iphone, etc.

It was bound to happen, smh. Go back to sidekicks lil girls.

Sig check.

If you want the cheap prices wal mart or anyone else offers in store PM me, I can price match.

and if you have any problems with your phone within 90 days ill replace it with a new one.

Question-I have an 8900, and got an e-mail from TMO that there is a software update. My desktop manager is acting up though. Any way I can get it in an OTAupdate?
nerd.gif

My 3 year old paperweight of a phone is being replaced next week (FINALLY, contract expires) and I'm looking for a new phone - deciding between the Boldand the Tour - anybody have any input as to which one is better? I'm graduating university this year and will most likely keep this phone for about 3 years
My friend has a Bold and I've played around with it and used it, but no experience with the Tour so far (ive been told by some people that it'sessentially like a bold but smaller??)
I goto university in the same city where RIM started and is headquarted... damn I know so many co-op students that have had/currently have jobs there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nwt

My 3 year old paperweight of a phone is being replaced next week (FINALLY, contract expires) and I'm looking for a new phone - deciding between the Bold and the Tour - anybody have any input as to which one is better? I'm graduating university this year and will most likely keep this phone for about 3 years
My friend has a Bold and I've played around with it and used it, but no experience with the Tour so far (ive been told by some people that it's essentially like a bold but smaller??)
I goto university in the same city where RIM started and is headquarted... damn I know so many co-op students that have had/currently have jobs there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Go with the Bold. You won't regret it. Easily the best BB out right now. Just know that there are a few new BB's about to drop soon, so waitingcould be an option too. I grabbed a refurb Bold for the low to use for a few months until the Bold 9700 (yes, that's the official name now) drops. 3G,WiFi, GPS, 3.2 mp camera and hopefully UMA capabilities all in one.

I can't speak on the Tour because I haven't used it, but with it being a newer device, it seems to be hit or miss with the usual bugs that new devicesinevitably have. There seem to be a lot of people having trackball problems right out of the box.

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a millionreviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My majorconcern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpagescan be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which iswhat i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews isappreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2,but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if iwanted it that badly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to purchase a black trackball for my Curve?

I checked crackberry and they only have white ones.

Thanks.

just upgraded to a sprint tour, came out to $357, 200 for the upgrade then 100$ mail in rebate 45$ tax and 12$ shipping, i hope im not dissappointed, well imgonna try to sero G them anyways haha

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.

I would go with the tour being that its just a better solid phone. I had the storm for about a week- 1.5 weeks before I ended up returning it and getting thetour. My major issue with the storm is that the screen lags, and it got to a point that I really wanted to break the phone. The web browsing on the tourisn't bad at all, the storms browsing is better but the tour isnt far behind. Other than web browsing I would confidently say that the tour is better onevery aspect than the storm.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by YuraS718

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.

I would go with the tour being that its just a better solid phone. I had the storm for about a week- 1.5 weeks before I ended up returning it and getting the tour. My major issue with the storm is that the screen lags, and it got to a point that I really wanted to break the phone. The web browsing on the tour isn't bad at all, the storms browsing is better but the tour isnt far behind. Other than web browsing I would confidently say that the tour is better on every aspect than the storm.
Appreciate the response; that's exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking the same exact thing last night and today searching on which Iwould like to get. I'm going tomorrow to pickup this phone, can't wait LONG over due for a new phone. I just don't want to go through theheadache for a nicer browser and screen.. when pretty much the tour out weighs every other aspect.

Back
Top Bottom