...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.

I would go with the tour being that its just a better solid phone. I had the storm for about a week- 1.5 weeks before I ended up returning it and getting the tour. My major issue with the storm is that the screen lags, and it got to a point that I really wanted to break the phone. The web browsing on the tour isn't bad at all, the storms browsing is better but the tour isnt far behind. Other than web browsing I would confidently say that the tour is better on every aspect than the storm.
Appreciate the response; that's exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking the same exact thing last night and today searching on which I would like to get. I'm going tomorrow to pickup this phone, can't wait LONG over due for a new phone. I just don't want to go through the headache for a nicer browser and screen.. when pretty much the tour out weighs every other aspect.

Get the tour for sure

I want the blackberry Onyx/bold 9700 so bad
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyone know how much the BOLD 9000 cost last year without a contract? what about early upgrade?

I have the Storm on .151 and it is great....screen is huge and better to view..as far as browsing DL Opera Mini...its like viewing your laptop...it has bothmobile view as well as PC view plus Storm is $49.99 this week I believe.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Originally Posted by piczon1983

whats is visual voicemail? just upgraded my bold to 297.

yea, mine wont even work
nerd.gif

I got it to work. Just call att and tell them to turn on visual voicemail. Or you can do it urself on att.com. Just log on to your account and add visualvoicemail. Its free.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Thinking about doing something to this effect...

35860d1251098855-final-white-8900-img00003-20090824-0841.jpg

My home...

3872008764_54d8a1abfe.jpg

where can i get that weather app? what is it called? im new to the bold so any help would be great. Thanks.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Has any1 here used both the Verizon Storm and Verizon Tour? Have a question for you guys

(before anything else, please dont say wait for the Storm2, or the Storm is trash every1 brings it back.. I know what's going on and read a million reviews.. and have friends that still love their Storm)

Which did you prefer? I'm coming from an 8700g with T-Mobile right now. I just have 2 problems, that I'm not sure which I would dislike more. My major concern with the Storm is if I'll feel comfortable getting use to typing on AIM and texting on a touch screen. What i love about it, is the way webpages can be accessed and viewed. I surf the web ALOT on my phone, and don't like having to scrolling through webpages using the ball or scroll button(which is what i have now) And im also not a huge fan of the trackballs, just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I'm leaning more towards the Storm at this point, and my main question is how long did it take getting use to typing on that. Any other info or reviews is appreciated.

I played with both in a store, and I'm honestly still undecided on which I want. If I wasn't so sick of my phone now I probably would wait for the S2, but Iv been waiting for almost 4 months now to finally change phones. If anything I can always sell my old phone on eBay and than buy the S2 straight out if i wanted it that badly.

I would go with the tour being that its just a better solid phone. I had the storm for about a week- 1.5 weeks before I ended up returning it and getting the tour. My major issue with the storm is that the screen lags, and it got to a point that I really wanted to break the phone. The web browsing on the tour isn't bad at all, the storms browsing is better but the tour isnt far behind. Other than web browsing I would confidently say that the tour is better on every aspect than the storm.
Appreciate the response; that's exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking the same exact thing last night and today searching on which I would like to get. I'm going tomorrow to pickup this phone, can't wait LONG over due for a new phone. I just don't want to go through the headache for a nicer browser and screen.. when pretty much the tour out weighs every other aspect.

Get the tour for sure
id suggest trying the TOUR in store if you havent already -

i was ready to switch from the storm...but after playing with it for a few mins i didnt like the buttons - they were small and had grooves on them but myfingers were too big apparently...seems like it would hurt to type a long message

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Question-I have an 8900, and got an e-mail from TMO that there is a software update. My desktop manager is acting up though. Any way I can get it in an OTA update?
nerd.gif

Man Ive got a Mac, so I dont even have desktop manager. I want to know the same thing though, any OTA?

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Question-I have an 8900, and got an e-mail from TMO that there is a software update. My desktop manager is acting up though. Any way I can get it in an OTA update?
nerd.gif

Man Ive got a Mac, so I dont even have desktop manager. I want to know the same thing though, any OTA?
Go to Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

nerd.gif

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update

Says no updates available, which is #%++$%@* cuz Im running .114 and I know the .231 or whatever is the new official joint. Guess I gotta sit on my hands.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

I've had my bold for 2 weeks and I LOVE it. Switched from a iphone3GS, had the 3g and the original previously, so you can see how long its been since I've had a "new" phone. Came with a free 4gb memory card which i've loaded music and movies on, the screen is clear and the speaker for sound is actually loud compared to that over hyped iphone one.

BOLD >

Same here man. iphone 3g to the bold. One of the better decisions ive made
smile.gif
I went from BOLD to 3GS. Im lovin the iphone (my first) and the Bold is an awesome phone too. Wish i could have both
frown.gif

Well NT I finally made the crossover to the Darkside
laugh.gif

Picked up the Tour earlier today
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let me know some good apps and other stuff I should get
nerd.gif

verizon-blackberry-tour-9630.jpg

PIN= 30D64492

I had dropped and chipped it. So, I just sanded down all the "chrome" and revealed the black underneath. The new one is my mom's.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I had dropped and chipped it. So, I just sanded down all the "chrome" and revealed the black underneath. The new one is my mom's.
Nice job... I think I'm going to do the same thing to my girl's phone cause she has the chrome chipped all around the phone
smh.gif

After you sanded the chrome down, did it come out smooth all around?

Originally Posted by tiffy sp

tour trackball is trash, absolute TRASH

My I was having a hard time scrolling from side to side with my Tour trackball so what I did was change the sensitivity of the trackball and that helped alittle bit.

i have the bold with att...i love it but the only problem is at certain and random times it resets back to default mode and i lose all my info and apps...so iusually take the battery out and put it back again then everything goes back to normal...has this ever happened to anyone?...is there a reason why?...how can iget this fixed?...thanks in advance

And that's exactly why I didn't get the Tour. I was seeing waaaaaaaay too many people online having trackball troubles with the Tour. Ialso heard that the problems arise from a hardware standpoint, in that the Tour's trackball is shaped differently than those of other devices. Basicallywith the Tour trackball, it's more "egg" shaped and you can notice a tiny point on it, making it prone to scrolling problems.

Bold 9700 ftw--gimme a trackpad and I'm good.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chris82790

thats odd i have not had any problems with the trackball on my tour

You know what...that is ONE MAJOR FLAW i've noticed with my Tour. Sometimes, it's not even responsive to my scrolls. Absolutely infuriating playingBrick Breaker and Word Mole with the damn track ball. And it definitely has a lil "dimple" in it...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Any one know if there is some way of getting BB to fix this--like I send it in and they'll fix it.

Back
Top Bottom