...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

meh, as long as it does everything else, im good...I can care less about the 3G. But I do have to call AT&T on the day of the launch to get my VisualVoicemail

I'm bout to report my Curve stolen, get a replacement from T-Mo, sell both and cop the 9700.

Will that work?

Always tryin to come up
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

I'm bout to report my Curve stolen, get a replacement from T-Mo, sell both and cop the 9700.

Will that work?

Always tryin to come up
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Won't you have to pay like a $100 deductible for the replacement?

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Will that work?

Always tryin to come up
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Won't you have to pay like a $100 deductible for the replacement?

Yeah

Whats the price of the 9700 if you dont qualify for an upgrade?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

meh, as long as it does everything else, im good...I can care less about the 3G. But I do have to call AT&T on the day of the launch to get my Visual Voicemail

But the AT&T Hot 97 drops next Sunday, why not just wait?
laugh.gif

Not sure if it's been asked but if you already have a BB & want to upgrade,
can you keep your plan or do you have to change it to that even more plan?

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

Not sure if it's been asked but if you already have a BB & want to upgrade,
can you keep your plan or do you have to change it to that even more plan?

You don't have to switch plans. My BB plan stayed in place, as well as our unlimited everything family plan. I asked a good 4 or 5 times to make surethough.
laugh.gif

My wife went from BB data with the Curve to Android data with the MyTouch 3G and we still didn't have to switch plans. I think TMO just wants to make surethey keep getting that data plan bread, regardless of which device they get it from.

Will that work?

Always tryin to come up
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Wont the ESN be bad if it is reported stolen? I know thats how it is with Sprint

[h2]Blackberry Essex (Tour 2) Overview[/h2]Posted by Salomondrin | under Blackberry | Date: November 13, 2009

Let's make it official and let's take a deeper look at the latest "rumored" device by RIM, the �BlackberryEssex, which will be the replacement of your "already old" Blackberry Tour (9630). This new and sexyfied version of the Tour goes by the code-name"essex" (still no number for it, but it looks like it will be 9650), but what you haven't seen yet is that inside of the phone (on theengineering screens) is still referred to as another 9630. The essex is still a CDMA/3G phone, just like the Blackberry Tour that's out right now for sale,but with a few upgrades:

1) Trackpad: RIM is little by little getting rid of those annoying trackballs that cause problems to most Blackberry users. TheTrackpad on the Essex is great, just like the one you can find on a Second Generation Bold (9700), and always reliable. No more sticky trackballs!

2) WiFi: Another very useful add-on by RIM, just like on the Storm 2. No, you won't be able to make calls through it, butyou can certainly e-mail, browse the web, and even send BBMs while on it.

3) 2 GB of internal Memory: Another sweet advantage over your regular Tour. In case you don't have an SD Card in your Essexyou will be able to take pictures and make videos without worrying about buying one.

Rumor has it that the Essex will come out for Sprint here in the US. And as a matter of fact, my Essex is a Sprint phone, butif you are a Verizon Wireless costumer there is nothing to worry about, because we will be getting the Essex too. I had a chance to talk to a "higherup" person from Verizon and they confirmed that they will be getting a "Trackpad Tour", although they didn't want to confirm the name ornumber of such device, they are aware of it already. They haven't talked about a release date, but on some websites December sounds like a winner, althoughI wouldn't hold my breathe on that one. From my personal experience, although I could be completely wrong, December is too close and there hasn't beenmany leaks of this phone, so that tells me we might have to wait a little bit longer �for its release (My guess is in between the end of Q1 and beginning of Q2of 2010).

Another rumor that was, and maybe still floating around is that the camera was upgraded, but I hate �to confirm to you guysthat it wasn't. To put a stop to all those rumors once and for all I took the "same picture" with both phones (The Essex and the Tour), and theylook almost identical. Here are the pictures for your consideration (Top one is the one taken on the Tour and the bottom one is the one taken with theEssex):

testessex-300x225.jpg

also heard from a few others that the Essex had more flash memory and a faster processor than the one in the Tour, but flashmemory is still 256 MB on the Essex and still using the same processor that the Tour has.

Don't forget to check out my Video Overview of the Blackberry Essex and some of the pictures I took today. If you have anycomments or questions please let me know, because I'm here to help you as much as possible.

��​

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif

my man
pimp.gif

i went in yesterday and liked it but was in a rush - dude hit me with the "my upgrade system is down" mess - i'll head back down later on

HOLY CRAP. They did that to you too??? When I went in the dude said the same thing. Then he comes with "You can get the phone for xxxx amount of money if you connect another line. Your upgrade wont give you much of a discount".. GAVE HIM
indifferent.gif
and walked out.
laugh.gif
yea i knew the game he was running- even if the systemWAS down he coulda got on the phone and called them to do it- but like i said I was in a rush so i said whatever

Originally Posted by air max 87

Copped yesterday can't believe it took me so long to leave a sk, anyone recommend any apps? Thanks
go to blackberry.com and download 'blackberry app world'. it's like a catalogue of all the apps and has seperate categories for top 25most downloaded free apps, 25 most downloaded pay apps, etc. i ALWAYS read the reviews before i download them. i have jivetalk, ubertwitter, facebook, googlemaps, scoremobile (by far my favorite app, if youre big into sports it's a definite must have), opera mini for browser.
also, to get the most out of your phone, check out crackberry.com. you can get free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, tips and tricks. when i first joined theblackberry family, i spent a good 2 weeks reading anything and everything i could about my phone and blackberry in general. you'll be a power user in notime. and blackberry messenger is CRACK! welcome to the fam

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

are they on display yet in at&t stores i wamt to check one out in my hands before i ortder one

the AT&T stores around here have the dummy phones, but not any real ones.

i just got the AT&T 9700 yesterday. i switched from the Bold 9000.

this is the best phone i've ever used. i love the trackpad.

Ups just dropped mine off I'm too hyped right now lmao I started doin my dougie why the ups guy start gettin his dougie on too lmao that mess was toofunny. Dude was mad cool even after the fact my pitbull was roamin the frontyard he coulda got tore up anyway. I'm off to go mess around with this phone.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Will that work?

Always tryin to come up
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Wont the ESN be bad if so
Truth is, T-Mobile you may end up getting that old Curve you have or the new cheap one.

Originally Posted by npa07

Ups just dropped mine off I'm too hyped right now lmao I started doin my dougie why the ups guy start gettin his dougie on too lmao that mess was too funny. Dude was mad cool even after the fact my pitbull was roamin the frontyard he coulda got tore up anyway. I'm off to go mess around with this phone.

grin.gif

roll.gif

Sending my 8520 back tomorrow to copp this. Right when I get the tracking number they are shipping the 9700 out
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

got 10 9700s in stock today... no one asked for them, lol.

if you're in North Nj and want it for T-mobile, lemme know.
some people don't like the keys, but the "leatherized" back and 3g is a plus

so the 9700 for tmobile has 3g?
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom