...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Is the Nicekicks app good/free?
nerd.gif

anybody having issues with the 9700

i get a text - unlock and see the preview in bold but i cant open it

i click but nothing happens...can access any other message...exit out and make a call but that new text wont open - has happened like 3-4 timesalready...battery pull everytime

?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i click but nothing happens...can access any other message...exit out and make a call but that new text wont open - has happened like 3-4 times already...battery pull everytime

?
nerd.gif
Yeah that same issue happened to me earlier. First time but I hope it doesn't happen too often.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

i click but nothing happens...can access any other message...exit out and make a call but that new text wont open - has happened like 3-4 times already...battery pull everytime

?
nerd.gif
Yeah that same issue happened to me earlier. First time but I hope it doesn't happen too often.
happend 2 times with me, kinda wierd
nerd.gif

also my mute button wouldnt work, did a battery pull, it was fine
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Verizon needs to put some pressure on RIM and give us some more BB's to choose from- yeah they have the Storm/Storm2 on lock, but the Tmo 8900 is way nicerthan the 8530 Curve and the Tour can't touch the 9700...I almost did a 1 yr contract to get the 8530 for 179 to hold me for a bit, but I'm just gonnastick it out (hopefully) with my 8330 until Tour2 touches down.

As for the 8330, I downgraded to 4.5.0.175 but went back to an OS 5 hybrid about a week later. All my apps worked well on 4.5 but the phone was constantlyslowing down. My biggest problems with OS 5 are Viigo's scrolling issue, and losing GPS on BB Maps. I think my media player might be buggy too, but Idon't use it much. But the speed is there.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

hollowpoints wrote:
the Tour can't touch the 9700...
How you figure that fam? It's almost the same phone minus a few features and some small cosmetic differences

The Tour is nice, but it isn't seeing the 9700, imo. Some reasons/opinions?....

-9700 has WiFi
-9700 has UMA (at least on T-MO)
-9700 has a faster processor than the Tour--Bold is the snappiest BB to date
-Solidness of the device--Tour feels like a toy compared to the Bold, imo
-Personally not a fan of the Tour carbon fiber battery door

On another note, I finally copped that BerryWeather app.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just curious, what kind of screen protectors do you use for your BB? right now i'm using the verizon privacy screen cuz that's the only one they hadfor the Tour when i bought it, but i need to get a new one soon...

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Anybody else here have the Storm 2 and love it?

Phone is damn good IMO and BB did what they needed to to upgrading from the Storm 1 which was horrendous.
*Sigh* Holding my head in shame while i hold my Storm 1 in my hand...
frown.gif

Storm 1 was pretty bad.

Storm 1 with 5.0=INCREDIBLE.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

?
nerd.gif
happend 2 times with me, kinda wierd
nerd.gif

also my mute button wouldnt work, did a battery pull, it was fine
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
yea its happening eery couple days now- hopefully theres a fix soon- annoying

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Anybody else here have the Storm 2 and love it?

Phone is damn good IMO and BB did what they needed to to upgrading from the Storm 1 which was horrendous.
*Sigh* Holding my head in shame while i hold my Storm 1 in my hand...
frown.gif

Storm 1 was pretty bad.

Storm 1 with 5.0=INCREDIBLE.
truth.

i almost didn't upgrade to the S2 because OS 5 gave the S1 new life...but i wanted wifi.

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

Verizon needs to put some pressure on RIM and give us some more BB's to choose from- yeah they have the Storm/Storm2 on lock, but the Tmo 8900 is way nicer than the 8530 Curve and the Tour can't touch the 9700...I almost did a 1 yr contract to get the 8530 for 179 to hold me for a bit, but I'm just gonna stick it out (hopefully) with my 8330 until Tour2 touches down.

As for the 8330, I downgraded to 4.5.0.175 but went back to an OS 5 hybrid about a week later. All my apps worked well on 4.5 but the phone was constantly slowing down. My biggest problems with OS 5 are Viigo's scrolling issue, and losing GPS on BB Maps. I think my media player might be buggy too, but I don't use it much. But the speed is there.

Explain yourself.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by grittyman20

hollowpoints wrote:
the Tour can't touch the 9700...
How you figure that fam? It's almost the same phone minus a few features and some small cosmetic differences

The Tour is nice, but it isn't seeing the 9700, imo. Some reasons/opinions?....

-9700 has WiFi
-9700 has UMA (at least on T-MO)
-9700 has a faster processor than the Tour--Bold is the snappiest BB to date
-Solidness of the device--Tour feels like a toy compared to the Bold, imo
-Personally not a fan of the Tour carbon fiber battery door

On another note, I finally copped that BerryWeather app.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The device is small and does NOT feel solid at all compared to the Tour or the BOLD 9000. I switched to Sprint and love my Tour. Sold my 9700for $400.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the new Bold and the Trackpad is far better than the Trackball, but

the Bold and Tour are virtually the same.

Like I said, I'd be thrilled if Sprint got it, but til then I'm good with the Tour.

sooo... which one is it gonna be?

TRACKBALL

or

TRACKPAD

btw i got the tour on sprint.... but never tried a BB with a trackpad... so maybe the tour2 might be coming my way when it drops...

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

sooo... which one is it gonna be?

TRACKBALL

or

TRACKPAD

btw i got the tour on sprint.... but never tried a BB with a trackpad... so maybe the tour2 might be coming my way when it drops...

Trackpad > Trackball

I've felt the trackball on all of my friend's BBs. They feel disgusting after continued use.
sick.gif

Heads up everyone (Sorry if this is late) BBM 5.0.0.52 leaked today (Although its not official), I just installed it on my 9550. It is my understanding that:

1. Picture Transfers are a lot faster, and you can Preview the images with ease.
2. Status Message Font is smaller
3. Minor Performance Tweaks (Whatever that means)

You can acquire OTA here (Although I don't know how long the link will last):
http://bit.ly/8YjhJ9

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Heads up everyone (Sorry if this is late) BBM 5.0.0.52 leaked today (Although its not official), I just installed it on my 9550. It is my understanding that:

1. Picture Transfers are a lot faster, and you can Preview the images with ease.
2. Status Message Font is smaller
3. Minor Performance Tweaks (Whatever that means)

You can acquire OTA here (Although I don't know how long the link will last):
http://bit.ly/8YjhJ9
Good lookin' out but the file is now dead... FYI for other peeps wanting to download, try this link: http://j.mp/8CJxoY

Back
Top Bottom