***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I just wish there was someone around to mediate the Dipset/Jay thing so they could have made more music.

I wonder if Cam really wasn't feeling Jay's verse or were they just fed up with him curving them. Maybe Jay bodied Cam on the remix :nerd:

"only time you went plat My chain was on your neck, that’s an actual fact"

Last edited:
You picking and choosing as much as anyone else. The disrespect is Charlemagne's schtick. So Dame giving it back was all good.

I don't get that vibe from Envy. And Dame was OD with it. Period.

It's the SHOWS schtick. All 3 of them. He didn't really start coming at Envy until he was persistent about the Jay question.

Breakfast Club did what they do and so did Dame. I don't find anything wrong with ANY of it. Understanding what Dame what trying to convey is different.

Regardless of where Dame is now. He's still has done more than all 3 of them COMBINED so I think he can speak on it.

If you watched the Freeky Zekey interview I posted without Dame putting up 1.4 million to buy out their Sony contract there would be no "Come Home With Me" album and probably no Dipset Movement.

Envy did exactly what he should have done. Dame is there to be interviewed. Not to run the show, which he didn't seem to understand.

Regardless, going at Envy because Envy expected him to answer a question, when that's what he's there for, is ridiculous. I get the feeling Dame cracked the minute he saw CTG's outfit.

As for your point of where Dame is now, and what he's done.....

If I'm a dude moving forward, and some dude who did something major once, but is moving backwards, is trying to son me on how I'm handling mine, pardon me if I ignore that **** :lol:

Like I said, what Dame is preaching isn't off. But no way I would let that dude, in the position he's in NOW, talk to me like that. Or maybe ever for that matter.

But that's just me.

And I'm not sure what Freekey, the Dipset "movement" or any of that other **** has to do with the conversation at hand.

Last edited:
The irony in all this is y'all will clown XYZ artist for signing a deal with a label in 2015 because he can be "independent" and "he don't need no damn label, he got the internet!", etc. but then get mad as hell when Dame tell that **** to somebody else 
laugh.gif
 Everybody not meant to be a "boss", just like every artist doesn't have the hustle, discipline and money to invest in themselves to be "independent".

Dame is the type of ***** that will drop some gems on you in the midst of saying a whole lot of ********. Sift through and take from it what you will. Everybody getting defensive and dismissing everything he said because he criticized dudes for having jobs. As minorities I feel like we need ****** like this tho to inspire other minorities to go out and make something happen, this is why we have no ownership in our culture. I'm not saying dudes should start quitting their jobs today and start businesses but I do feel like we have a lot of minorities who have the potential and smarts to actually make something happen that are too comfortable in their own situation working for someone else to even give a damn. 

Last edited:
I just wish there was someone around to mediate the Dipset/Jay thing so they could have made more music.

I wonder if Cam really wasn't feeling Jay's verse or were they just fed up with him curving them. Maybe Jay bodied Cam on the remix
nerd.gif
<>

"only time you went plat My chain was on your neck, that’s an actual fact"
More than likely....Jay bodied that **** and Cam wasn't trying to have that. Especially since they already didn't like each other.

You really expect me to believe Jay dropped a deletable verse on a Cam'ron song in 2002?

Not buying it.

More than likely....Jay bodied that **** and Cam wasn't trying to have that. Especially since they already didn't like each other.

You really expect me to believe Jay dropped a deletable verse on a Cam'ron song in 2002?

Not buying it.
stop slurping You really think Jay didn't have any wack verses back then

stop slurping You really think Jay didn't have any wack verses back then
Sit your goofy *** down somewhere. I never said that.

But I doubt very seriously...that in Jay-Z's prime...he dropped something that could be considered wack on a song w/ ******* Cam'ron of all people on it.

Sit your goofy *** down somewhere. I never said that.

But I doubt very seriously...that in Jay-Z's prime...he dropped something that could be considered wack on a song w/ ******* Cam'ron of all people on it.
Jays verse on welcome to NYC was fire if cam was hating like you say he would've deleted that too Stan

If it was so wack you could have used it against him later on or something...but if it ever leaked and he did body your number 1 single. :x Can't have that :lol: :\

Especially since it was a beat Jay passed on so he probably wanted to make up for it.

Reminds me of the overrated control verse...what if Big Sean was more petty

Last edited:
Jays verse on welcome to NYC was fire if cam was hating like you say he would've deleted that too Stan
I'm not even a Jay fan...so who's a stan?

Cam ASKED Jay to be on Welcome to NYC. Of course he wouldn't delete it. He didn't want to put out an album w/o a Jay verse and rightfully so. They didn't ask Jay to be on Oh Boy...he did it himself...and the song would have OBVIOUSLY been a radio hit. If they didn't want to make Welcome to NYC a single...obviously he would have had problem putting out an Oh Boy remix where he would have been outshined.

Use your own logic...he bodied Welcome to NYC but you think he could have dropped a wack verse on a bubble gum *** single like Oh Boy. It's not like that Cam was dropping gems on that.

Use your brain.

Last edited:
If it was so wack you could have used it against him later on or something...but if it ever leaked and he did body your number 1 single. :x Can't have that :lol: :\

Especially since it was a beat Jay passed on so he probably wanted to make up for it.

Reminds me of the overrated control verse...what if Big Sean was more petty
stop being a Stan dudes Swear Jay never had wack verses like he hasn't been putting out trash for a decade

I'm not even a Jay fan...so who's a stan?

Cam ASKED Jay to be on Welcome to NYC. Of course he wouldn't delete it. He didn't want to put out an album w/o a Jay verse and rightfully so. They didn't ask Jay to be on Oh Boy...he did it himself...and the song would have OBVIOUSLY been a radio hit. If they didn't want to make Welcome to NYC a single...obviously he would have had problem putting out an Oh Boy remix where he would have been outshined.

Use your own logic...he bodied Welcome to NYC but you think he could have dropped a wack verse on a bubble gum *** single like Oh Boy. It's not like that Cam was dropping gems on that.

Use your brain.
or just maybe the verse was wack stan

I jus don't see how this ***** ranting about nothing gone have black folks finally typing in "how to start a business" in they Google searches all of sudden.

The entrepreneur grind is serious & full of failures. If you want to be an owner buy some stocks, mutual funds, open up a Vanguard account, real estate. Cause being a owning a business is the least likely to succeed past 3 years.

Cause anybody that's ever own a business knows you ain't nothing but an owner of a job. You went from having one boss to having hundreds or thousands if your business is actually successful.

All this be your own boss but telling yall vague information is no different than a get rich quick scheme.

I get his spill appeals to the people who don't care about details but if you seriously wasn't trying to own a business before this interview it's probably not for you.

We gotta stop with if he yelling it must be credible notion that's why them preachers got mogs heads gone.

All this misinformation is dangerous man. When black enterprise was up there it ain't move a needle. When son that went from moving dope to selling real estate was up there it ain't move a needle. But Dame money come from nothing Dash got yall ready to be Elon Musk all of sudden. Relax

There's no way prime jay could've had a wack verse that was do wack they took it off seeing how the original verses were trash anyway

2002 was when Jay started to fall off. He had plenty of wack verses on BP2 and ever since.

Cam ain't **** with Jay from day one. They always said Jay was a funny guy. Cam had that huge movement without Jay. That was Def Jam's platform, Roc a fella's producers and Dipset. Jay didn't like them and wasn't in the studio with them. Oh Boy hit the streets and that was a game changer. Jay was hating.

2002 was when Jay started to fall off. He had plenty of wack verses on BP2 and ever since.

Cam ain't **** with Jay from day one. They always said Jay was a funny guy. Cam had that huge movement without Jay. That was Def Jam's platform, Roc a fella's producers and Dipset. Jay didn't like them and wasn't in the studio with them. Oh Boy hit the streets and that was a game changer. Jay was hating.
thank you

How realistic would it be for the BC to do their own thing? DJ envy should have enough to pull to get artists to show up, right?

Tbh Jay and Dame are 2 dudes from 2 different hoods and 2 different mentalities that came together for one purpose, to get money.

They had nothing else in common and it shows after a decade. Cam and the set never messed with Jay cause they weren't getting money with Jay and they knew off bucks that they had nothing in common with him so they never ****** with him.

Jay and Dames relationship only lasted as long as the money did. When Jay saw an opportunity to get money elsewhere without s Harlem ***** down his back with the nonsense, he dipped.

How realistic would it be for the BC to do their own thing? DJ envy should have enough to pull to get artists to show up, right?
Very realistic.

People don't tune into to watch iHeartMedia. They tune into watch the guests and the three hosts. They literally are the brand.

It would be nothing for them to secure the necessary marketing and production resources to continue doing the same on their own.

Why would they want to? For the sake of saying you own it? You really think the show is all about filming & interviewing dudes for YouTube views?

How they gone convince artists to do interviews if they aren't broadcasted in over 50 markets? How they going to pay performance royalties to the hundreds of artists they play every day? How they going to convince advertisers to shop with them if they don't have a measurable demo?

You want them to take a step back in their career just to say they "own" an indie radio station for a few months?

Back
Top Bottom