***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Seeing that the photo's been taken, I'm guessing the interview's already happened? I thought BC was live.

Nope. They always record it prior to the day it airs, usually the day before sometimes days before. It irritates me when they act like we cant figure it out.

Last edited:
Kanye is an advocate of entrepreneurship and creating whatever it is that you want on your own. He has an unorthodox way of saying it, but I understand where he's coming from.

Damn I gotta eat my words Charlamagne stood his ground...it was an ok interview I guess I wanted Ye to turn up a lil more but...

Nope. They always record it prior to the day it airs, usually the day before sometimes days before. It irritates me when they act like we cant figure it out.

It was stated earlier this year the reason interviews aren't live any more because of Ray J. It was a good interview. I feel what Kanye is trying to express. But he is type gone. Charlemange had a point with his revolutionaries not trying to make moves in the business/fashion world. Ye's rebuttal was understood as well. As a straight outspoken Black man in high fashion its not his world to invade. That's the world he wants in on.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
…. C Da God Kept It !hunnud Tho

lmaooo this dude ye speaks in run-on sentences. no commas, no periods. just one long stream of random words and thoughts. cthagod is hilarious to me...when ye finally let him talk

envy: I guess what everybody wanted to know was, when jay and dame split, why did you go with jay? when dame was the one who founded you and believed in you?

charlamagne: that was really big brother...

sumblinal shots fired. **** was a double entendre

Last edited:
charlamagne kept it 100 in the interview. & i never payed attention to kanye like most folks on here but this dude is a ****** weirdo. this ***** is all over the place dog & obviously insecure as ****.

Last edited:
I like the interview and could tell that Ye is finally starting to realize when he should and shouldn't go off.... Charlamagne seemed like he was trying his hardest to have ye black out but it was pretty relaxed and just kept control of the interview.

He has to stop dropping all these names that the average consumer isn't going to recognize however and stick more to the overall message if he really wants people to understand.

And with this whole year over and all the albums dropped.... Yeezus is probably the most talked about and discussed rap project of the year.... and after doing no media run towards the beginning he has now turned the attention meter on him to 1000.... for the past few weeks all the discussions been placed on him again... People are really expecting him to get a response from the first lady.

This is exactly what Jay was talking bout as far as #newrules....

Yo dis dude Ye really was rambling on bout random BS that had nothing to do with the questions being asked

Still don't know what half of NT see's in this fool :smh:

I ALIGN MYSELF WITH VISIONARIES WITH STORIED HISTORIES AND UNRIVALED DEDICATION TO THEIR ART; INGVAR KAMPRAD, JACQUES FATH, BRIAN PUMPER, MARK HENRY

Kanye stay keepin it real

When you got money nobody can fire you might be the realest **** ever

I dont think he was speaking of wanting money like he wants money but he wants influence that last generations and fact is you need money to do that

Money is power, running corporations is power being a billionaire is power

black dont have much power because we dont have much money

I think dude just has a hard time saying what he's thinking

Kanye stay keepin it real

When you got money nobody can fire you might be the realest **** ever

I dont think he was speaking of wanting money like he wants money but he wants influence that last generations and fact is you need money to do that

Money is power, running corporations is power being a billionaire is power

black dont have much power because we dont have much money

I think dude just has a hard time saying what he's thinking

Exactly!!!

This is what i don't get about people complaining asking why he doesn't want to do just music... Quite frankly music isn't enough money as shown by Diddy, Jay, 50 etc etc you need other outlets. Ye knows he isn't as good of a media personality as someone like diddy, maybe doesn't have the public perception of a Jay-Z but he's an icon as far as style goes in this generation and that's why he's choosing this industry.

No sneakers & clothing isn't going to help the world in a huge way.... but creating sneakers and clothing that are regarded as high as gucci, YSL, Givenchy etc etc for a fraction of that price is going to help. (Check all the designer collabs that have dropped with H&M and see how they've sold out in hours).

Creating a brand on this level for him is 1) a way to harvest his ideas and passion about fashion but at a way lower cost 2) generating enough money to now leverage new companies and invest in new artist, designers, musicians, without having to look for those handouts from other companies. The main point i got from these interviews has been while we think 100 Mill is too much money, it's pennies to those who have real control and with that system he can't really change anything.

Good interview. 'Ye took all the shots better than I had expected.

One thing I didn't agree with was his assertion than being a billionaire would bring freedom. Plenty of billionaires are still miserable and can't execute on their ideas either--one of my past bosses was a billionaire, and he just might be the most miserable person I've ever met. How much influence one has is not a function of how much money one has, especially when it's between a billion dollars and a hundred million (or however much 'Ye's worth). The thought that an extra 900 million will automatically usher in freedom is juvenile, to say the least.

Good interview. 'Ye took all the shots better than I had expected.

One thing I didn't agree with was his assertion than being a billionaire would bring freedom. Plenty of billionaires are still miserable and can't execute on their ideas either--one of my past bosses was a billionaire, and he just might be the most miserable person I've ever met. How much influence one has is not a function of how much money one has, especially when it's between a billion dollars and a hundred million (or however much 'Ye's worth). The thought that an extra 900 million will automatically usher in freedom is juvenile, to say the least.

I see where your coming from but the difference between Ye or a Jay-Z being a billionaire and your boss being a billionaire is that they are celebs also and have a direct influence over the youth. Along with what i'm almost 100% positive were two very different upbringings and ways of viewing the world.

was a good one.

like how he maintained his temperment and spoke, not screamed his mind.

like he said, he def changed his technique and for someone like me who is def not a fan of his, i was able to not only watch the interview but also soak up some gems.

hope he keeps it up. the diva route just wont be accepted by some...

I see where your coming from but the difference between Ye or a Jay-Z being a billionaire and your boss being a billionaire is that they are celebs also and have a direct influence over the youth. Along with what i'm almost 100% positive were two very different upbringings and ways of viewing the world.
I don't get what that has to do with my position that "1 billion will not bring you significantly more freedom than 100 million." In the context of what Kanye interprets "freedom" to be--that is, having the ability to get an extended-duration clothing deal with a high fashion house or Nike--billionaires don't have that freedom either. Oprah or Steven Spielberg, despite the money they have, can't just call up their agent and have him/her work out a contract with Louis Vuitton or Nike.

I'm a big Kanye fan, but what he sees as "racism" or "classism" is almost positively the result of his 1) not having the proper fashion training/background and 2) ideas not being a good business venture for corporations whose overwhelming mandate is to make money. On that second point, he even said Nike was willing to let him design a shoe per year and pay him 4 million per shoe, to boot, but he turned it down because he wanted the same royalties as ballplayers (i.e. they gave him a deal). Maybe the reason they didn't want to give him royalties was because it wouldn't be sound business practice--sure, demand from hypebeasts is big in the US, but on a global scale, no random kid in Africa or Asia is checking for Yeezys over Lebrons.

Edit: 'Ye name-drops more than Ben Baller and The Game combined. Damn.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom