***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

but money IS a form of freedom tho . financial freedom eliminates a lot of small problems that weigh you down and eventually become one big problem , which is "i need more money". ask anybody in the projects how happy they are being broke and see if you dont get cursed out . 

i understand a lot of what ye is trying to do , he just has a hard time explaining it when he gets frustrated . like you can tell he has the answer , hes just not good at verbalizing and articulating it . because he made a point when he asked well exactly how long am i supposed to keep doing music . . .

Last edited:
the breakfast club interview was great to me, glad charlemegne didn't back down, and good to see 'ye didn't really care.

now drake is the only one left 
nerd.gif

and the points he was making was pretty legit especially about owning your own companies (envy not really being able to garauntee anyone any type of job and etc unless its his company) 

Last edited:
"Does it bother you when I call you Kanye Kardashian?"

Charlamagne is a cornball for asking that..

He had other valid questions though..

That was a weird interview. But then again I feel as if all of his interviews post Yeezus have been weird. I feel he's trying to say sooooo much within a short amount of time that it ends up sounding like jumbled blabber.

I think the best thing would be for someone to get Ye a camera and two adderall pills. Let him pop those sonoma******* and just talk as much as he wants. By the end, we'll all understand and be like "ohhhhhhh now I get it... Makes complete sense"

That was a weird interview. But then again I feel as if all of his interviews post Yeezus have been weird. I feel he's trying to say sooooo much within a short amount of time that it ends up sounding like jumbled blabber.

I think the best thing would be for someone to get Ye a camera and two adderall pills. Let him pop those sonoma******* and just talk as much as he wants. By the end, we'll all understand and be like "ohhhhhhh now I get it... Makes complete sense"

Yeezus is weird bro..I dont know what the hell happened to this guy. 90% of the things he was talking about in the interview had me clueless of what his point is to whatever he was trying to get at. That 45 minute interview had me on snooze. Charlamagne always keeps it 100 grand, he's was the main reason i checked the interview in the first place.

In the ither interview with sway, as soon as he mentioned about turning the mics off i thought he was gonna throw hands at yezzus :lol:

Yeezus is weird bro..I dont know what the hell happened to this guy. 90% of the things he was talking about in the interview had me clueless of what his point is to whatever he was trying to get at. That 45 minute interview had me on snooze. Charlamagne always keeps it 100 grand, he's was the main reason i checked the interview in the first place.

In the ither interview with sway, as soon as he mentioned about turning the mics off i thought he was gonna throw hands at yezzus :lol:

people like you call him Yeezus thats the issue

Last edited:
He ditched the voice
laugh.gif
Noticed that too. Dude came on super defensive. Kanye tries way to hard. Charlmaggae simplified things for him, and he just ignored it and went on rants about steve jobs. He keeps talking about being a revolutionary.....and he wants to be a billionaire and be accepted in the fashion world. lmao.

I honestly think he see's himself as a bigger influence than he thinks he is. Most of his influence is in Urban fashion, pop culture and music. Those are 3 huge lanes, but there are numerous other lanes that are more influential.

:lol: Charlemagne had the balls to tell Ye what he really thought
It didn't take "balls" for him to do that.. he was just playing into his character on the show as the antagonist..

And Kanye already knew he was gonna try to do that, so both sides knew what the deal was.

We already saw what Charlemagne is made of when Gucci came through

Exactly. That's why I said earlier that freedom isn't a function of how much money you have but rather your perspective on things. Kanye's yearning for material things and having to answer to someone isn't going to go away with $900M more. Rather than fiending for the latest Balmain jacket, he'll just "upgrade" to the yacht game. Instead of the latest Dior jeans, it'll be multi-acre estates. The constant through all this is that he'll always have something to ***** about. Even Steve Jobs and Bill Gates had to answer to their shareholders and their board of directors. ****, Steve Jobs even got ousted from the company he co-founded. :lol:

The point of him accumulating this money isn't to have "freedom" for himself he has stated in prior interviews that his family has given him that just as envy stated in this one. What he wants is to get that billion so he doesn't need to go to a Nike or an LV to get a contract, he can create not only his own clothing company but an entire network around it. This is bigger than some island trips and wanting to make clothing. The point behind him starting Donda was to give people a chance to REALLY do what they want w/o going through all the politics that young creatives go through now.

Donda isn't only clothing and music.... it's actors, writers, teachers, architects etc etc..... all things that are traditionally ran by a certain hierarchy at the top that main goal is to make money despite the quality not being where it could be. In order to fix those industries or remake them he knows that it's going to take hundreds of millions to set up others in that position.

Sort of how he runs good music..... it's quality and product over what's hot at the moment, or what's safe except he's trying to expand that to a giant level and to obtain that you need to generate plenty of income.

You can't ask for billionaires to back up when they don't even know you, then throw a hissy fit and curse them out

Last edited:
You can't ask for billionaires to back up when they don't even know you, then throw a hissy fit and curse them out

Billionaires are usually made off of being good business men correct? So all bias aside and focusing just on business how is funding a clothing company by one of the most influential people in clothing not good business.

Everything he has collabed with from LV, APC, Nike etc etc has not only sold out in hours but it's double or triple in value weeks later. He not just an influence on men's hiphop fashion but men's fashion from the demographic of 18-40.

So if your one of those billion dollar companies and your fine with him promoting your clothes, being front seat and bringing pub to your newer brands, or even doing collabs with his name and personality on those products. How is it then possible that nobody wants to give him a shot at clothing.

However they will give a shot to someone who isn't nearly as influential or has no proof of being able to bring in revenue.

Pretend this isn't kanye and where talking something other than the fashion business.

If your a business owner you have a guy who has a full portfolio, can guarantee you a return on your investment, and someone who has several connection VS a Fresh out of college kid who's proven nothing

Who do you take as a business owner?

And what's crazier is after all this talk about he shouldn't be ranting Nike sat down and cooked up a new contract because they knew his value..... Adidas turned around and made a bigger investment because they knew his value.

Nike is sportswear first and in that realm i don't see them being affected by this but as far as streetstyle Adidas having Ye, Along wit Jeremy Scott, Big Sean, Rocky repping their brand is going to really help them grow.

Charlemagne had the balls to tell Ye what he really thought

Charlemagne kept it all the way 1000. *Salute*

When Kanye went off on his Adam and Eve rant...:lol:

Billionaires are usually made off of being good business men correct? So all bias aside and focusing just on business how is funding a clothing company by one of the most influential people in clothing not good business.

Everything he has collabed with from LV, APC, Nike etc etc has not only sold out in hours but it's double or triple in value weeks later. He not just an influence on men's hiphop fashion but men's fashion from the demographic of 18-40.

So if your one of those billion dollar companies and your fine with him promoting your clothes, being front seat and bringing pub to your newer brands, or even doing collabs with his name and personality on those products. How is it then possible that nobody wants to give him a shot at clothing.

However they will give a shot to someone who isn't nearly as influential or has no proof of being able to bring in revenue.

Pretend this isn't kanye and where talking something other than the fashion business.

If your a business owner you have a guy who has a full portfolio, can guarantee you a return on your investment, and someone who has several connection VS a Fresh out of college kid who's proven nothing

And what's crazier is after all this talk about he shouldn't be ranting Nike sat down and cooked up a new contract because they knew his value..... Adidas turned around and made a bigger investment because they knew his value.

Nike is sportswear first and in that realm i don't see them being affected by this but as far as streetstyle Adidas having Ye, Along wit Jeremy Scott, Big Sean, Rocky repping their brand is going to really help them grow.

The problem is that kanye wants 100% creative control and no smart business is giving a guy 100% creative control when they're the ones investing in the product, it doesnt matter how influential the person is, its just a bad business move, adidas is just desperate to be relevant again to the hip hop crowd

Just wondering, do you think Kanye is the only "influential" person @ Nike's door willing to work with them that is more cooperative and asks for less? The difference is Nike doesn't need Kanye, but Kanye is acting like he needed Nike.

Between the two choices obviously I'm picking the person with a stronger portfolio but that's a horrible example IMO

Would you choose the popular guy who thinks he deserves half as much as Nike profits solely for designing the shoe vs the popular guy who is happy to just have a Nike deal and has no problem selling his designs

and that new deal offered did not include full creative control and royalties so stop acting like Nike was "we made a mistake letting Kanye go" it was more "let's try to give this fool a lil bit more money so he can ****" :lol:

The problem is that kanye wants 100% creative control and no smart business is giving a guy 100% creative control when they're the ones investing in the product, it doesnt matter how influential the person is, its just a bad business move, adidas is just desperate to be relevant again to the hip hop crowd

I don't think he wants 100% creative control because i'm sure with the Yeezy's he had help and convos with Nike..... same with LV

What he wants is atleast some control at all.... we all see the amount of Hype the Red Octobers have and we've barely seen official pics.... now imagine knowing this seeing the hype everyday and then having the company say "ummmm i don't know we'll get back to you".

When you look at this when not regarding who's involved it doesn't look like good business. Those Yeezy's could drop next week with little warning and their selling out that day, So why then would Nike not have a schedule for their biggest sneaker outside of Jordan Retro's ?

:lol: Charlemagne had the balls to tell Ye what he really thought
It didn't take "balls" for him to do that.. he was just playing into his character on the show as the antagonist..

And Kanye already knew he was gonna try to do that, so both sides knew what the deal was.

We already saw what Charlemagne is made of when Gucci came through
Honestly tho, I expected Charlemagne to tone it down for this interview. Many people talk **** when there person isn't there, but the moment they're in their face, they slurp them up and almost apologize for what they think/have said. I respect Charlemagne for telling the "biggest rock star" that his album sucked and called him out on several topics. Character or not, not too many people have the guts to do that to such a high profile celebrity

Just wondering, do you think Kanye is the only "influential" person @ Nike's door willing to work with them that is more cooperative and asks for less? The difference is Nike doesn't need Kanye, but Kanye is acting like he needed Nike.

Between the two choices obviously I'm picking the person with a stronger portfolio but that's a horrible example IMO

Would you choose the popular guy who thinks he deserves half as much as Nike profits solely for designing the shoe vs the popular guy who is happy to just have a Nike deal and has no problem selling his designs

and that new deal offered did not include full creative control and royalties so stop acting like Nike was "we made a mistake letting Kanye go" it was more "let's try to give this fool a lil bit more money so he can ****" :lol:

First off who are these other celebs who are begging to get a Nike shoe? their's been plenty of celebs for the past 20-30 years who haven't gotten one. Nike picked Kanye solely based off the fact that they knew he could sell much more product then most. What other Celebs you know who have the influence or reach of Kanye who are gonna sit back and say they don't want a guaranteed contract and no royalties?

Plz give me this list of imaginary people that Nike offered a shoe line and they were so priveleged by them that they didn't want to make any money from the collab :lol:

The point of him accumulating this money isn't to have "freedom" for himself he has stated in prior interviews that his family has given him that just as envy stated in this one. What he wants is to get that billion so he doesn't need to go to a Nike or an LV to get a contract, he can create not only his own clothing company but an entire network around it. This is bigger than some island trips and wanting to make clothing. The point behind him starting Donda was to give people a chance to REALLY do what they want w/o going through all the politics that young creatives go through now.

Donda isn't only clothing and music.... it's actors, writers, teachers, architects etc etc..... all things that are traditionally ran by a certain hierarchy at the top that main goal is to make money despite the quality not being where it could be. In order to fix those industries or remake them he knows that it's going to take hundreds of millions to set up others in that position.

Sort of how he runs good music..... it's quality and product over what's hot at the moment, or what's safe except he's trying to expand that to a giant level and to obtain that you need to generate plenty of income.
laugh.gif
Oh...so 'Ye needs ten figures to acquire the infrastructure to do a creative startup? Then I guess there's no hope for any of us then...and I guess the vast majority these startups we're seeing today are just mirages...and brands of the past started by non-billionaires such as Rocawear, G-Unit Clothing, and BBC/Ice Cream must just be fabrications of my imagination.

Regarding what he said about needing a billion dollars to "guarantee his daughter a job," y'all actually buy that? Not even going into the merits/pitfalls of spoiling your kid to the point of guaranteeing him/her for a job that he/she might not want--you don't think 'Ye and Kim already have enough influence to line up a job for North? Not even talking about Donda/RocNation/etc., you don't think she can get a job at Def Jam/Atlantic whenever she wants? If you really think you need a billion dollars to guarantee your kid a job or protect him/her from paparazzi, I'm at a loss for words.

Also, does anyone actually believe that whatever pieces he eventually has pricing control over will be priced for the masses? I laugh at the thought of someone who only wears the most exclusive pieces designing products for the masses. I applaud his ambition to reach a certain level of influence and financial success--as a member of the 1% striving for ever greater heights, it would be hypocritical for me to hate on that--but I don't applaud his masquerading as a "man of the people" when his history shows the complete opposite.

Back
Top Bottom