***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Mase exaggerated by saying you got my name tatted but the message was clear and true. You got my tat on you, same **** I rock and you got it after me. It's a dope line but not as dope if it really said Mase.

Like said before, both of these cats got dope *** music and classics and were crazy influential. I'm a huge fan of both but I'm not gonna act like both don't lie during interviews and on records.

Unrealated.

But am I the only one that credits Ma$e for making Fitteds hot in the 90s?

I remember being young and asking mom dukes for a “Ma$e” hat instead of a SnapBack in ‘98.

Aite fam i'm not gonna do this all day. if having Harlem tatted on you is the same as having a *****s name tatted on you in your opinion, IDK what else you want me to say :lol:

you lookin at it from a "where im from" perspective...Cam & Cardan were Ma$e's proteges..."Harlem world" was gonna be Mase's Group... remember it ended up being..

harlem_world_so_so_def_columbia_classic_hip_hop_east_coast_michael_benabib_photos.jpg

Cam had already signed to Lance @ Un-entertainment

But am I the only one that credits Ma$e for making Fitteds hot in the 90s?

I remember being young and asking mom dukes for a “Ma$e” hat instead of a SnapBack in ‘98.

i touched on that, Mase made everyone rock their fitteds a certain way (backwards, wit your eyebrows covered)

fred durst from Limp Bizkit ran with that ish :lol:

That pic so beautiful, makes me want to shed a tear. The satin jackets and all. I remember wanting mad colorful Yankees gear as a kid and my Uncle was like nah. We don't disrespect the Yankees like that. Hahahaha.

Mase making fitteds popular is kind of funny. He was one of the earlier cats to wear them because everyone had snap backs. I don't know if I can give him credit for it but I can't think of anyone else right now.

Is that loon??? Loon was down with mase before he went to badboy? I always thought loon was a mase clone :lol:

Someone school me on that.....

Is that loon??? Loon was down with mase before he went to badboy? I always thought loon was a mase clone :lol:

Someone school me on that.....

Yeah, he was with Mase and in the Harlem World group before Bad Boy.

I've been trying to find that Harlem World album online and I can't find it anywhere. I know that **** had some dope songs and I don't know where my copy is. I remember the video for that single too, I Like It or some ****. Corny *** song.

I remember Harlem World and Mysonne on "From Scratch" and I thought Shyne BODIED that joint.

And I remember Meeno had a solo song called "I'm That N" and I thought that song was so hard. Still play it. Think it was on the Dame Grease album.

So we going to act like Smokey wasn’t rocking the fitted backwards in 95?

da look was Mase's...soon as he went quadruple every one was running around like..

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol:

Ma$e got it from Griffey cuz back then him rocking it backwards like that was controversial in da MLB.

I don't know how old y'all are, but I was rocking fitted way before Mase, Smokey, and whoever else y'all mentioning. Never owned an snapback in my life.

Okay, I remember LL doing it. Everyone remembers Griffey doing it.

Wasn't Jay going at Mase and Meeno on My Mind Right Remix.

Ninja be acting like he’s the only old dude on here that loves hip hop with google

mase da one that got it poppin in hiphop...

18888372_254540175023332_3000813419726110720_n.jpg

it was a straight trend.

LL Cool J mostly rocked his fitteds forwards.

hqdefault.jpg

and if you remember, back in da 90's, LL used to drop every 2 years...when he came back out after 96 its was all backwards like ma$e...

it seems pretty stupid now for da young folks reading, but back then da way you wore your hat was kinda big deal :lol: :smh:

also, New era started doing fashion off colors (red yankees, etc) them later 90's years for da first time so da intersectionality all mashed together at da same time.

mase da one that got it poppin in hiphop...

18888372_254540175023332_3000813419726110720_n.jpg

it was a straight trend.

LL Cool J mostly rocked his fitteds forwards.

hqdefault.jpg

and if you remember, back in da 90's, LL used to drop every 2 years...when he came back out after 96 its was all backwards like ma$e...

it seems pretty stupid now for da young folks reading, but back then da way you wore your hat was kinda big deal :lol: :smh:

also, New era started doing fashion off colors (red yankees, etc) them later 90's years for da first time so da intersectionality all mashed together at da same time.

How he get it popping when he was 4 years late to the party? Especially when uncle L changed his look after Mama Said Knock You Out dropped, the peak of his success.

Yeah. LL or Ma$e for me as far as fitteds go.

I just remember snapbacks really dying like 96/97. And I was a shorty then.

But Mase in 97/98 and Bad Boy were so big at that time...that they undoubtly helped “popularize” fitteds back then. I’m not saying Ma$e started it...but he was an early adopter...and took it nationwide. At least form my perspective coming up.

Jay went at Mase on Ride or Die on Vol 2. He was in the writers credits on Mase's first album.

"I bruise wack rap n*****, severely punish them. Especially those that get ****** for they publishing. Always gotta be the weakest n**** out the crew. I probably make more money off yo' album, than you. You see the respect I get everytime I come through. Check your own videos, you'll always be number two. N***** talkin real greasy on them R&B records but I'm platinum a million times n****, check the credits. S. Carter, ghost writer, and for the right price I can even make YO' **** tighter"

How he get it popping when he was 4 years late to the party? Especially when uncle L changed his look after Mama Said Knock You Out dropped, the peak of his success.

he wasn't rocking a backwards fitted in any mama said knock you out video...

Ma$e got that poppin in hiphop...and Ma$e got it from Griffey...it was a BIG deal in da MLB at da time for him to do that...

310037-mar-1998-ken-griffey-jr-24-of-the-seattle-gettyimages.jpg

I just remember snapbacks really dying like 96/97
once new era did da fashion colors fitteds took off like a rocket, cuz back then people really aint cop certain teams unless u a fan, and you couldn't rock a team all da time if u ain't match..New Era fixed that, starting with da Yankees...rock your favorite teams rocking any color.

spike lee had da very 1st red yankee fitted.

he wasn't rocking a backwards fitted in any mama said knock you out video

Again, 14 shots to dome came out in 93. LL brought the fitteds to the forefront. Posted a video earlier.

LL was rocking the backwards fitted in the Hey Lover video in 1995.

Psssh L was rocking backwards fitted on his TV show In the House in the mid 90s

Jay went at Mase on Ride or Die on Vol 2. He was in the writers credits on Mase's first album.

"I bruise wack rap n*****, severely punish them. Especially those that get ****** for they publishing. Always gotta be the weakest n**** out the crew. I probably make more money off yo' album, than you. You see the respect I get everytime I come through. Check your own videos, you'll always be number two. N***** talkin real greasy on them R&B records but I'm platinum a million times n****, check the credits. S. Carter, ghost writer, and for the right price I can even make YO' **** tighter"

Yeah I remember him going at Mase there. Imaginary Player he went at Mase and I think another song he went at Mase. My Mind Right was at Meeno and I think Mase too but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom