***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Check your own videos you'll always be number 2.

mase12.png

I think Mase said it started over a chick he took from Dame, if I remember correctly she was on a skit on Harlem World, and Jay kinda just inherited the beef.

bingo.

Ninja speaking that truth, Mase was prolly arguably the biggest rapper for that brief moment after Pac and Biggie passed and before the rise of Jay, DMX and Ja

Mase - Love Me (112 song) and Do What Playas Do (Violator album) that was a response to Ride or Die

Jay - Ride or Die and that was it? I thought there was another song.

The story was that Hov was dissing Mase on Imaginary Playas but Jay was on Harlem World and Harlem World and Vol 1 came out a week apart. He couldn't have been dissing Mase on that.

#fakenews

who u think Mase was other than dope?

Mase was taking straight slugs at jigga on R&B records..

ninjahood ninjahood how old were you when Mase came out in 97?

Ninja speaking that truth, Mase was prolly arguably the biggest rapper for that brief moment after Pac and Biggie passed and before the rise of Jay, DMX and Ja

Biggest has nothing to do with one of the best

Vanilla Ice was big. Hammer was big. Nelly was big.

Mase was not in the Big L or Big Pun category, much less Jay-Z, Tupac, Nas or Big.

ninjahood ninjahood how old were you when Mase came out in 97?

Biggest has nothing to do with one of the best

Vanilla Ice was big. Hammer was big. Nelly was big.

Mase was not in the Big L or Big Pun category, much less Jay-Z, Tupac, Nas or Big.

i was 14 for most of 97'...

Mase was peers with Jay-Z, Nas, Pun, Big L..those were his contemporaries, and mase was considered as good as all of em AT DA TIME.

you gotta stop looking at these folks as "legends" back in 97 when mase was out... everyone was still putting their time in and jockeying for position.

Jay-Z had a slept on Debut that was considered a warmed over OBFCL, and Vol. 1 he went for da shiny suit route and face planted until where im video dropped.

Nas had dropped Illmatic, but at da time It was Written was too "glittery" for his core fanbase and they thought he was "selling out"

Big L bricked off lifestyles of da poor and dangerous, it was a street classic but overall got ignored (he got dropped from Columbia shortly afterwards)

and Big Pun was still a year away with Capital Punishment..

Mase was all over no way out, and Harlem World was automatically considered classic...homie was out jet skin' wit Mariah in videos b. that dude was in da stratosphere, and at da same time NO ONE was questioning his bars cuz they already were familiar with him from COC and da hot 97 freestyles.

I was in New York, and Mase was the guy to chicks and kids 15 and younger.

Why do you keep talking about what sold what and radio play?

Yep

Sorry b, we weren't listening to this

You keep talking record sales as if that equated to mc skills :lol:

Nah, everybody got off on that joint. Mase too. I liked Black Rob's verse a lot. "From Scratch" was also a hard posse joint.

You don’t have to like Ma$e, that’s fine, but to put him in the same catagory as MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice is disrespectful as ****. Prime DMX wasnt just working anybody, HOV wasn’t just handing verses out, and if Kiss and Fab give you the stamp then you are an real MC. That’s not debatable, at all. Don’t care how many shiny suits he owned

You don’t have to like Ma$e, that’s fine, but to put him in the same catagory as MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice is disrespectful as ****. Prime DMX wasnt just working anybody, HOV wasn’t just handing verses out, and if Kiss and Fab give you the stamp then you are an real MC. That’s not debatable, at all. Don’t care how many shiny suits he owned
He made this tho

I’m a fan of You Owe Me and Sunshine. I like The City is Mine too.

NaS did that You Owe Me song at the NaS and Lauryn Hill show, the women went crazy for that song.

Back
Top Bottom