***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Harlem World and No Way Out are both dope and I go back and forth about them being classics. I think both got too many pop joints though and could be cut shorter.

I'm a HUGE fan of Shyne, Life Story and Child of the Ghetto. I play those probably more than any Bad Boy album other than Life After Death and 112 albums.

Harlem World might have bigger singles and **** but when I judge albums, I'm judging on what albums I play more and what albums I can listen to without a skipping a song.

Fab and Jada said Mase could really spit but guess that's still not enough for some of yall lol

Just cause he made commercial music doesn't mean he couldn't spit when he wanted to. See "N***** Done Started Something" and "Do What Playas Do" from the Violator album.

A lot of dudes can rap, that doesn't mean much. New York was full of people who could spit in the 90's.

Mase was commercially popular that's what made him different. That's why Puff picked him.

Being able to rap and being one of the top are two entirely different things. Mase at no point was ever thought of as one of the top lyricist or rappers.

I was in New York, and Mase was the guy to chicks and kids 15 and younger.

:smh:

clearly you wasn't up on Mase when he was on COC or murdering DJ Clue Tapes or Monday night mixtape.

no one considered him some type of bubble gum rapper... hello DMX was on his album..at da height of his popularity...X wasn't doin features on someone's album he ain't respect.

Whenever I talk to someone about Mase I always know what age range they were when he was out. Because they have a different view of those of us who were a little older.

Pop = corny and wack

That's why The Lox talk about the shiny suit backlash.

Mase wasn't looked at as just the chick rapper lol

Mase was known as a dope rapper and a hit maker.

Dudes never heard these?

Three songs?

Mase was never known as a dope rapper

Nobody ever said you heard that Mase verse...you know how many times I reminded that

:smh:

clearly you wasn't up on Mase when he was on COC or murdering DJ Clue Tapes or Monday night mixtape.

no one considered him some type of bubble gum rapper... hello DMX was on his album..at da height of his popularity...X wasn't doin features on someone's album he ain't respect.

I'm from Harlem

Do you know how much I listened to Livestyles Of The Poor? People said L was great. Mase, no.

I even have Destined To Be. That's McGruff.

So don't tell me what I do and don't know.

Mase was a pretty good rapper who was marketable.

I’ve heard so many different stories about where the Mase and Jay beef started, I don’t even know what really happened.

I figured that’s where you were going with the slugs, I just don’t count those bars as slugs

they were as blatant as you can be pre internet era... imagine you marinating with Vol. 1 a whole year.. next thing you hear is Mase on a 112 record mocking da Platinum talk, on a record that was getting stupid spins? there is no ambiguity there.

Check your own videos you'll always be number 2.

mase12.png

I think Mase said it started over a chick he took from Dame, if I remember correctly she was on a skit on Harlem World, and Jay kinda just inherited the beef.

Never seen that video. I thought it was Jay’s girl. Sounds like it was Dame’s or maybe someone else in Roc but that’s interesting.

I knew Imaginary Player and Ride or Die were at Mase.

Back
Top Bottom