OFFICIAL BROKE to BALLIN thread --- Let's Get It! (motivation for young hustlers) UPDATED 3/15/10

Anyone here heard of 5linx?
nerd.gif
I would do it but I'm not 18 yet.

So here is my first week's report.
Week 1 (3/7/10): Start up capital: $0.00/ Goals: Create web based business/ Tasks for Week 1: Create logo, build website, sign up for email accounts/ Accomplished:N/A
My website is key to my first venture, so I'm taking a bit more time designing and thinking it out than I had originally planned, but I know this will pay off in the long run.

For the first week, I did a lot of research, note taking, brainstorming and designing. Of my tasks, I got my primary logo done, my domain name locked in and my email account set up.

Here are my goals for week 2.
Week 2: Capital: $0.00/ Goals: Complete website Tasks for Week 1: Complete website Accomplished Week 1: Logo & design elements, email account and domain registered/ Expenses: $0.00/
Where are the rest of y'all?

Let's hear about the progress you've made.

Let's get it!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Where are the rest of y'all?

Let's hear about the progress you've made.

I'm working on my business plan still. Waiting for feedback on it from my dad. Gonna have it finished this week if I keep on track. Once that's done it's all about locking up investors and building the website.

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

lol i was wondering how dudes was just gonna let this thread die like that.

The thread ain't dead.

It doesn't have to stay on the front page to be relevant. Dudes can come in any time they want to let us know how their progress is going. It would probably be best to keep the updates to a weekly minimum.

It's not necessary to tell what you've accomplished day by day, unless you want to do that. Think of this as a weekly planner that everyone can look at to keep you true to your word (to yourself).

Hope to see some more soon.
nerd.gif

Agree with all that. Especially not being scared of losing a little money. Scared money dont make money.
Money isnt everything in this world, yes it makes the world go round but health and family comes first.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I'm in. I needed this thread for real.
I just spent 14 months of company time writing my autobiography(I wrote a book while I was at work)

Tasks for this week...

finish introduction
Photo shoot for the cover($200)

Next week...

Complete summary on back cover
Purchase ISBN($125)
have front cover done

Look ahead...

Purchase Createspace account ($39)
have first book proof in hand by first week of April($3)
make necessary revisions

Goal...

Have book on Amazon's print on demand site by the middle of May
Have finished book in hand to give to my mother by Mothers Day.
Make enough money on book sales to get all of the money back for my expenses.

Stretch Goal...

sell at least 1000 5000 books at 12 dollars a book 

Be careful. It's coo you got something going, but watch out -- some companies will take employees work that was done on company time and deem it their intellectual property.

One of my boys about to teach me the ropes to stock trading and **!@. He made $10k over three months and only spent maybe an hour a day or every other day on it. A friend of his made $500k in a year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

One of my boys about to teach me the ropes to stock trading and **!@. He made $10k over three months and only spent maybe an hour a day or every other day on it. A friend of his made $500k in a year
pimp.gif

word
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Agree with all that. Especially not being scared of losing a little money. Scared money dont make money.
Money isnt everything in this world, yes it makes the world go round but health and family comes first.

Oh I know that. I wouldnt sell out my friends/family for anything. But I'm in desperate need to get my financial situation fixed up and looking good.

i'll play...

back story- i live in hawaii, been working at a club doing security for 2 years, last week approached the owners and management about promoting a "Paddler's Night" on May 4th - if i bring in the people and they make the numbers...i get a percentage of bar sales and  get the cover made at the door ( btw paddling like canoe paddling, stand-up paddling)

TASKS FOR THE WEEK-

getting a contract made up with the club
emailing invitations to all the paddling clubs on the island
offering free platters of food/bottle of champagne to 10 or more

NEXT WEEK-

getting flyers designed ($80) and printed ($80-150 *depending on color) made
personally visiting and inviting each paddling club 

LOOK AHEAD-

getting a barrell grill made ($100-150 hopefully)
buying a paddle board/paddle to raffle ($115)

GOALS-

Bar making +$4000
making this a regular nite

Originally Posted by pure ice water

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Be careful. It's coo you got something going, but watch out -- some companies will take employees work that was done on company time and deem it their intellectual property.

Thank you I will definitely keep that in mind. .

With that being said...

Tasks for this week...

finish introduction completed
Photo shoot for the cover($200) completed

Next week... This Week...

Complete summary on back cover
Purchase ISBN($125)
have front cover done

I was wondering if folks would allow this thread to die .....

Here is the vision for my website::  It'll be basically a cartoon channel .. I want to start out w/ 2 or 3 series of shows (still animation) ..
I dont actually know the path to money from this but I love the idea of it myself and my friends always crack up at the skits I email to them (dialogue only) ..

Does anyone know how I can get the wheels rolling on this?  I'm not the best at drawing neither, who can I talk to ??
nerd.gif

I'm in school plus work full time so my time is limited ... I guess majority of my ideas will be web-based.

Good luck to everyone ... Good luck with your books homie up top ^^^

At this point my path is a little different, I have put in work the past 2-3 years on my blog, and am now getting into the adsense side of things trying to take advantage of all the ad revenue tools available. I would love to have sustainable revenue from my thoughts and writing, it would be a dream come true. I get ~1000 hits a month and I want to raise that too, been featured a few times on ESPN's truehoop page and that has given me >10,000 hits in a day, need to get back on there. Anyone in this thread actually making decent money from original Blog content? Could use some advice. Oh yeah, the blog is http://go2page3.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by steven42lh

At this point my path is a little different, I have put in work the past 2-3 years on my blog, and am now getting into the adsense side of things trying to take advantage of all the ad revenue tools available. I would love to have sustainable revenue from my thoughts and writing, it would be a dream come true. I get ~1000 hits a month and I want to raise that too, been featured a few times on ESPN's truehoop page and that has given me >10,000 hits in a day, need to get back on there. Anyone in this thread actually making decent money from original Blog content? Could use some advice. Oh yeah, the blog is http://go2page3.blogspot.com
I'm feeling the name of your blog ... very catchy .. I'll bookmark it when I get home, on the office PC now.  Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

bout to come up on some stocks, will keep posted

only invested ~$450 too
up ~110% so far, still have a ways to go.

Will post screen shot when I sell

Originally Posted by akuratl02

steven42lh wrote:

I'm feeling the name of your blog ... very catchy .. I'll bookmark it when I get home, on the office PC now.  Good luck with that.

Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

im down for this if people can stay true to there words but this should start on April 1st.
That wouldn't be fair to the dudes who have already started and have something to show for their efforts.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Who can direct and/or school me in the stock market? I want to get involved but have no clue where to begin.

Clowning
Fashion
Web

IF you are interested in any of the three I got an idea for you. Got to be LA based, and able to meet up. Web programming is a plus, but not necessary.

Already got the domain, and some simple programming out of the way.

May blow up, but I like it cause it'll be fun. PM me if you are serious. I have no qualms with splitting it all down the middle, but you have to prove your worth.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

How much $ can be made from blogging and using adsense and stuff? I have a bunch of free time on the computer so I can definitely try this out. One of my friends has a blog and got a $100 check within a few days. Or so he says...

Back
Top Bottom