Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

Lol okay so it was just a big black guy.

Anyway still haven't seen this movie yet. Will probably see it before Cowboys & Aliens though

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I hear there is a Namor film in the works with Zac Effron playing him

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif
haha yeah Namor is too much of a bada** to be played by him. At this point where it's no where near being in production I take it as a grain of salt

haha yeah Namor is too much of a bada** to be played by him. At this point where it's no where near being in production I take it as a grain of salt

A+ execution

I mean, just a namedrop would have been cool. Ideally 3 seconds of Hugh Jackman sharpening a bayonet would be awesome.

A+ execution

I mean, just a namedrop would have been cool. Ideally 3 seconds of Hugh Jackman sharpening a bayonet would be awesome.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by TSX24

Man all these cosign for a Wolverine just shows overrated he is. I'm tired of seeing him in every comic book series there is and he is about to lead the XMen by himself after the schism arc ends too. I would rather see a Namor to complete the first 3 original Marvel heroes. Doesn't even have to be someone in green spandex with wings on his ankle, just some sleek haired dude and introduce himself as Mr. McKenzie.
indifferent.gif

hes overrated because hes one of the most popular and liked mutants? i dont see your point. theres a REASON hes in everything.

Pretty much. Wolverine doesn't need to be a part of every damn group, series and movies. He was already the main focus of the 3 x-men films and his own origins. Dudes been with the XMen, FF4, Avengers, Alpha Flight, etc... He is over exposed and has saturated the comics. Am I really the only one getting sick of seeing him everywhere? And now everyone wants him to make a cameo in every comic book films ever created. I liked his little cameo in First Class but leave it at that. I'm surprised people weren't/aren't hoping to see him in TDKR or Transformers. 
laugh.gif

Agreed

Originally Posted by TSX24

Man all these cosign for a Wolverine just shows overrated he is. I'm tired of seeing him in every comic book series there is and he is about to lead the XMen by himself after the schism arc ends too. I would rather see a Namor to complete the first 3 original Marvel heroes. Doesn't even have to be someone in green spandex with wings on his ankle, just some sleek haired dude and introduce himself as Mr. McKenzie.
indifferent.gif

hes overrated because hes one of the most popular and liked mutants? i dont see your point. theres a REASON hes in everything.

Pretty much. Wolverine doesn't need to be a part of every damn group, series and movies. He was already the main focus of the 3 x-men films and his own origins. Dudes been with the XMen, FF4, Avengers, Alpha Flight, etc... He is over exposed and has saturated the comics. Am I really the only one getting sick of seeing him everywhere? And now everyone wants him to make a cameo in every comic book films ever created. I liked his little cameo in First Class but leave it at that. I'm surprised people weren't/aren't hoping to see him in TDKR or Transformers. 
laugh.gif

Agreed

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by JrMOFF2

The way the movie ended sucked, but it makes sense. Nick Fury(Samuel L.) is recruiting. The Avengers will all come together; hence The Avengers coming out next year. Makes sense to make all the Superhero movies first

Pretty much these films are just introducing the characters for the Avengers. Cap America was pretty much rushed, he's supposed to have more missions and villains to take on during WWII. 

THAT is exactly why the movie feels rushed. Unlike Ironman, where the 1st movie was all about him.

They should've just made captain america 2 few months before Avengers. The ending of this movie is perfect for that.

Oh well..

Originally Posted by JrMOFF2

The way the movie ended sucked, but it makes sense. Nick Fury(Samuel L.) is recruiting. The Avengers will all come together; hence The Avengers coming out next year. Makes sense to make all the Superhero movies first

Pretty much these films are just introducing the characters for the Avengers. Cap America was pretty much rushed, he's supposed to have more missions and villains to take on during WWII. 

THAT is exactly why the movie feels rushed. Unlike Ironman, where the 1st movie was all about him.

They should've just made captain america 2 few months before Avengers. The ending of this movie is perfect for that.

Oh well..

Movie just ended and red skull is lame the only reason worth watching this movie is for the trailer at the end
No hot chicks either smh

Movie just ended and red skull is lame the only reason worth watching this movie is for the trailer at the end
No hot chicks either smh

I have to admit, Red Skull looked great, but his character just wasn't developed enough for me to take him seriously as a rival for Cap.
And I don't know about you guys, but I found Hayley Atwell to be very sexy.

I do agree with the consensus however, even though the story was great, Cap technically shouldn't have been frozen until at least a second film.

I have to admit, Red Skull looked great, but his character just wasn't developed enough for me to take him seriously as a rival for Cap.
And I don't know about you guys, but I found Hayley Atwell to be very sexy.

I do agree with the consensus however, even though the story was great, Cap technically shouldn't have been frozen until at least a second film.

Captain America has the most dimension out of the avengers. There shouldve been two films for Cap than having a lousy iron man sequel.  I enjoy the films but they lack significant supporting characters that Nolan's Batman films have. The only ones that stand out is the scientist in Iron Man and in Captain America.

Captain America has the most dimension out of the avengers. There shouldve been two films for Cap than having a lousy iron man sequel.  I enjoy the films but they lack significant supporting characters that Nolan's Batman films have. The only ones that stand out is the scientist in Iron Man and in Captain America.

Anyone else notice Buck Compton from Band of Brothers playing Dugan? Dude gained some weight over the years
laugh.gif

Anyone else notice Buck Compton from Band of Brothers playing Dugan? Dude gained some weight over the years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

laugh.gif
I had to double take when I realized that was him with the mustache. Haha.
I enjoyed the movie and too felt the story was rushed, but I was still entertained.

I was the only person that geeked out when Bucky picked up the shield in the train scene. Haha

Originally Posted by DangerousG

laugh.gif
I had to double take when I realized that was him with the mustache. Haha.
I enjoyed the movie and too felt the story was rushed, but I was still entertained.

I was the only person that geeked out when Bucky picked up the shield in the train scene. Haha

The only thing I would've changed in the film was extend the Howling Commando's segment which would've extended this movie to a little over 2 hours which would've been perfect, IMO.  Although us fans would've been fine with 2 pre-Avengers movies with Cap, I'm sure a majority of casual movie goers wouldn't be too interested in 2 World War II-era films.  Other than that, I'm curious as to what exactly else felt rushed to you guys?

The only thing I would've changed in the film was extend the Howling Commando's segment which would've extended this movie to a little over 2 hours which would've been perfect, IMO.  Although us fans would've been fine with 2 pre-Avengers movies with Cap, I'm sure a majority of casual movie goers wouldn't be too interested in 2 World War II-era films.  Other than that, I'm curious as to what exactly else felt rushed to you guys?

Back
Top Bottom