Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

I saw this over the week and was really disappointed.

Chris Evans has the look for Captain America but his acting skills, along with the script written for him was extremely stale and cliche.

Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci were my favorite parts of the movie.

But I stand by this statement - In a smaller dose, with a better script, Captain America should be utilized properly and will be more liked in The Avengers movie.

If anyone wants to read my full review, they can here - http://t.co/P1lIQ6x

I saw this over the week and was really disappointed.

Chris Evans has the look for Captain America but his acting skills, along with the script written for him was extremely stale and cliche.

Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci were my favorite parts of the movie.

But I stand by this statement - In a smaller dose, with a better script, Captain America should be utilized properly and will be more liked in The Avengers movie.

If anyone wants to read my full review, they can here - http://t.co/P1lIQ6x

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Absolutely no one wants to see a Cyclops movie.

I would like to see a Deadpool movie 
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

But that'll never happen
frown.gif

Skip to the 4:56 mark

^
I think we've had enough of reynolds doing cheesy, corny dialogue for a lifetime already.  His lines in Deadpool would be similar to torture.

^
I think we've had enough of reynolds doing cheesy, corny dialogue for a lifetime already.  His lines in Deadpool would be similar to torture.

Just watched this on 3D earlier... Man I endured the agony of wearing 3D Glasses over my eyeglasses!

Anyway, the movie was quite okay. And man the ending credits were too long but of course I had to wait and see the Avengers teaser at the end.

Just watched this on 3D earlier... Man I endured the agony of wearing 3D Glasses over my eyeglasses!

Anyway, the movie was quite okay. And man the ending credits were too long but of course I had to wait and see the Avengers teaser at the end.

Some of the comments hit the nail on the head. I just think these studios that create these Marvel films don't get the big picture. They make money off the 'wow' factor with effects but the storys never have layers.

What made Begins and TDK great was the layers to the stories. I was thinking about the end of Begins and even though many would say it wasn't great it left to door open for the mind to speculate. They talked about escalation and showed the Joker card, to me they didn't have to make another film and I would be satisfied because the story was told and the end allowed us knowledgable of the comics to explore the possibilities.

Nolan does TDK and goes bananas as I imagine he will with Rises.

These studios making Marvel films don't get that, will they with Amazing Spiderman? I hope, but with Cap, Thor, Ironman, and the others they just stay what they are and it's sad because there is so much to use from the history of these characters.

I say Cap isn't much better than Ironman 1 so that still leaves First Class and Spidey 1 as the top 2 Marvel adaptations.

Some of the comments hit the nail on the head. I just think these studios that create these Marvel films don't get the big picture. They make money off the 'wow' factor with effects but the storys never have layers.

What made Begins and TDK great was the layers to the stories. I was thinking about the end of Begins and even though many would say it wasn't great it left to door open for the mind to speculate. They talked about escalation and showed the Joker card, to me they didn't have to make another film and I would be satisfied because the story was told and the end allowed us knowledgable of the comics to explore the possibilities.

Nolan does TDK and goes bananas as I imagine he will with Rises.

These studios making Marvel films don't get that, will they with Amazing Spiderman? I hope, but with Cap, Thor, Ironman, and the others they just stay what they are and it's sad because there is so much to use from the history of these characters.

I say Cap isn't much better than Ironman 1 so that still leaves First Class and Spidey 1 as the top 2 Marvel adaptations.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I have to admit, Red Skull looked great, but his character just wasn't developed enough for me to take him seriously as a rival for Cap.
And I don't know about you guys, but I found Hayley Atwell to be very sexy.

I do agree with the consensus however, even though the story was great, Cap technically shouldn't have been frozen until at least a second film.

I have to admit, Red Skull looked great, but his character just wasn't developed enough for me to take him seriously as a rival for Cap.

I do agree with the consensus however, even though the story was great, Cap technically shouldn't have been frozen until at least a second film.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Buckey knows whats up

Buckey knows whats up

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Buckey knows whats up

looks like a dvdrip copy 
nerd.gif

Buckey knows whats up

looks like a dvdrip copy 
nerd.gif

or from trailers/tv spots

They gave Chris Evans a more serious role than his usual which I thought was better for this whereas for Ryan Reynolds and Green Lantern, he seemed the same.

or from trailers/tv spots

They gave Chris Evans a more serious role than his usual which I thought was better for this whereas for Ryan Reynolds and Green Lantern, he seemed the same.

yeah, that's from one of the tv spot, I think.  There's no dvd quality copy of the movie out right now

yeah, that's from one of the tv spot, I think.  There's no dvd quality copy of the movie out right now

Hawaii swapmeet... pearl ridge old drive through stadium parking lot... $5 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom