Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

Yeah, although I'm not too surprised.  It must be easy for Marvel's marketing team when they know they don't even really need to give Tony a reason to rock new suits and they can just pump out merchandise featuring it and would sell without any problems

Yeah, although I'm not too surprised.  It must be easy for Marvel's marketing team when they know they don't even really need to give Tony a reason to rock new suits and they can just pump out merchandise featuring it and would sell without any problems

Guy i work with (who is a HUGE comic book collector) say the private screening last night and said the movie was great..........Says the ONLY thing that pissed him off was that they didnt show previews (specifically, the batman preview) and they cut out the avengers trailer........says everybody started throwing their bottles and food containers at the screen when it didnt play
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ill be seeing it tomorrow night, i gotta work in the morning.........dont think i can stay up till 2-3. (he said it was about 2 hours long)

Guy i work with (who is a HUGE comic book collector) say the private screening last night and said the movie was great..........Says the ONLY thing that pissed him off was that they didnt show previews (specifically, the batman preview) and they cut out the avengers trailer........says everybody started throwing their bottles and food containers at the screen when it didnt play
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ill be seeing it tomorrow night, i gotta work in the morning.........dont think i can stay up till 2-3. (he said it was about 2 hours long)

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I'm guessing that was just a rough pic for Thor and the Iron Man suit in that pic and this one below look to be the Mark VII since you can see he has shoulder bells like War Machine in the Avengers film

Here's Cap's
detail.jpg

I preferred the one with the " ears " out like in the poster

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I'm guessing that was just a rough pic for Thor and the Iron Man suit in that pic and this one below look to be the Mark VII since you can see he has shoulder bells like War Machine in the Avengers film

Here's Cap's
detail.jpg

I preferred the one with the " ears " out like in the poster

Just got my tickets. Will be watching this tonight. I'll worry about waking up on time for work tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Just got my tickets. Will be watching this tonight. I'll worry about waking up on time for work tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Crazy question but I'm siting here waiting for a scene after the credits, am I doing it right?

Crazy question but I'm siting here waiting for a scene after the credits, am I doing it right?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

yezzir. Just getting out myself and thought this movie delivered. Crowd seemed to love it too, good atmosphere at the midnight showing here.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

yezzir. Just getting out myself and thought this movie delivered. Crowd seemed to love it too, good atmosphere at the midnight showing here.

Just came back from the midnight showing. I feel like this was the best out of all of the Marvel movies. HEIL HYDRA!!
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Is Captain America's weakness fire?

Just came back from the midnight showing. I feel like this was the best out of all of the Marvel movies. HEIL HYDRA!!
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Is Captain America's weakness fire?

Movie was pretty good.

Tommy Lee Jones was funny as hell but I still couldnt get over the fact that Chris Evans head looks so disproportionate when hes skinny or brolic.

Movie was pretty good.

Tommy Lee Jones was funny as hell but I still couldnt get over the fact that Chris Evans head looks so disproportionate when hes skinny or brolic.

Just got back from a midnight screening, I didn't really like it that much...
Cons

It was just waaaaay to cheesy for my taste...Almost Fantastic Four levels of cheesiness...

Even by comic book standards the story was pretty dismal  

Also, the action scenes were good, but I felt like there wasn't one big, epic movie defining action scene that we see in the best superhero movies (ex: X-Men fighting on The Statue of Liberty, Spiderman on the train, Batman and the Joker in the street, ex).

I thought the Red Scull was a lame, easy to beat villain. Plus the dude playing him had the worst German accent...and shouldn't he have been speaking German? (I'm probably over thinking things here, but it bugged me)  

Pros

I did, however, like the look and the old fashion atmosphere of the movie...

I also enjoyed how they did the ending, and I thought Chris Evans made an effective Captain America...

I don't, man, I think The Dark Night ruined me. I can't take these lighthearted, fluffy superhero movies serious anymore...

Just got back from a midnight screening, I didn't really like it that much...
Cons

It was just waaaaay to cheesy for my taste...Almost Fantastic Four levels of cheesiness...

Even by comic book standards the story was pretty dismal  

Also, the action scenes were good, but I felt like there wasn't one big, epic movie defining action scene that we see in the best superhero movies (ex: X-Men fighting on The Statue of Liberty, Spiderman on the train, Batman and the Joker in the street, ex).

I thought the Red Scull was a lame, easy to beat villain. Plus the dude playing him had the worst German accent...and shouldn't he have been speaking German? (I'm probably over thinking things here, but it bugged me)  

Pros

I did, however, like the look and the old fashion atmosphere of the movie...

I also enjoyed how they did the ending, and I thought Chris Evans made an effective Captain America...

I don't, man, I think The Dark Night ruined me. I can't take these lighthearted, fluffy superhero movies serious anymore...

Back
Top Bottom