Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

damn this thread make me wanna toss my 6 year old 12' inch Image Dynamic Woofers away and cop a new one
laugh.gif
...any suggestion? $300 max for woofer ...and its gonna be power by my JL 500/1mono amp ...

This may be a dumb question but ill try.

I need to take out my deck so i can plug in an AUX cable i just bought, but i dont know how to take it out. I heard about DIN tools and stuff like that but isthere any other easy way?

o yea and whats a good amp for 3 12" alpine type R's?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by i3allistic

fi q, si mag, re se, re sr
embarassed.gif
what are the brand names
fi- fi
si - stereo integrity
re - resonant engineering

thanks ...i'm looking at these subwoofer ..and there 1000 RMS ...wouldn't my JL 500/1 mono AMP be too weak for these?

embarassed.gif
what are the brand names
fi- fi
si - stereo integrity

thanks ...i'm looking at these subwoofer ..and there 1000 RMS ...wouldn't my JL 500/1 mono AMP be too weak for these?
they'll get moving off 500

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I need to take out my deck so i can plug in an AUX cable i just bought, but i dont know how to take it out. I heard about DIN tools and stuff like that but is there any other easy way?

Gotta take the whole dash apart to take it out if it's bolted in.

what ohm config are the type r's?

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

why, could someone help explain this culture to me, or else imma be very ignorant and say some dumb things about how i feel about putting a speaker in the backseat.

Its farrrrrrrr more than that, car audio does not mean jamming a sub/amp in a car, some people just get decks and amped speakers to replace the stockers withno subs. I'm sure more people can elaborate. and FYI, most the time only idiots actually put subs in they backseats(unless we're talking about halfwalls or walls

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

why, could someone help explain this culture to me, or else imma be very ignorant and say some dumb things about how i feel about putting a speaker in the backseat.

Its farrrrrrrr more than that, car audio does not mean jamming a sub/amp in a car, some people just get decks and amped speakers to replace the stockers with no subs. I'm sure more people can elaborate. and FYI, most the time only idiots actually put subs in they backseats(unless we're talking about half walls or walls
Yeah its more than just throwing a speaker in the back seat. I spend a lot of time traveling in my truck, and I enjoy music so why not have themusic sound the best it can. I spent a lot of time and money on my system, but its well worth it to me.

embarassed.gif
what are the brand names
fi- fi
si - stereo integrity

they'll get moving off 500

I need to take out my deck so i can plug in an AUX cable i just bought, but i dont know how to take it out. I heard about DIN tools and stuff like that but is there any other easy way?

Gotta take the whole dash apart to take it out if it's bolted in.

what ohm config are the type r's?
The deck isnt screwed in, it has 4 holes on the sides i just need to pull it out with something

the model is swr-1232d and it says 500watt rms peak 1500
then it says impedance 4 and 4

I assume 4 and 4 is dual 4 ohm?

If so. all 3 will present a 2 ohm load. what amp are you currently using? what kind of box you got them in?

If so. all 3 will present a 2 ohm load. what amp are you currently using? what kind of box you got them in?
Yea i think thats it, right now im using an almani 3500 watt (i dont think it is) amp never heard of almani but im in the market for somethingthat will power them up all the way. The box is HUGE they made it for me at the shop i just took some pics. The system slaps hard
pimp.gif
and flexes my roof but i want a better amp thats name brand

mm4sqs.jpg

208bdkj.jpg

There's something for everyone. Can you explain why you joined Niketalk? Probably guessing because its for the shoes. You like shoes no? We all do.It's unexplainable but I'll try to break down why I like it.

Just like awash242 said, I spend a lot of time communiting to/from work/school and like to listen to music. Aftermarket parts just enhance the experience forme. I've loved bass all my life, and I guess it all started when I went to my first concert. I loved the sound and I wanted that in my car.

Why do you need a 50" TV when a regular 32 can potentially do the same thing?
Why do you need so many pairs of shoes?

Kinda get my drift?

It's not necessary, but at the same time oh so necessary
pimp.gif

Yea i think thats it, right now im using an almani 3500 watt (i dont think it is) amp never heard of almani but im in the market for something that will power them up all the way. The box is HUGE they made it for me at the shop i just took some pics. The system slaps hard
pimp.gif
and flexes my roof but i want a better amp thats name brand

mm4sqs.jpg

208bdkj.jpg
cant even tell if its sealed or ported

the kicker

i asked about the box because no matter how much power you throw at subs if the box isnt made to spec..it'll sound like crap

Back
Top Bottom