Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

OH, thought u were talkin' about the car ones

the fathom subs are amazing...if u can afford them, get em..

if not, u can probably go the do it yourself route and pick up a 13w7, an amp, and get a box made for them.

ported hits harder, sealed sounds better. ..
so if you're lookin for sound quality or want that thump, keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

ported hits harder, sealed sounds better. ..
so if you're lookin for sound quality or want that thump, keep that in mind.
Myth

If you notice any kind of sq diff between sealed and ported, the ported box was built wrong.

You can get a flat response in a properly designed and built ported box

where is the best spot to mount your amp? when i say that i mean where on the sub box? i have no other choice, i don't have any other spots to mount it and i don't want it loose on the trunk floor. i know alot of ppl mount it on the box and isn't that not recommended tho?  first time i had beat, i had a bandpass box and it was mounted on the back. second time i had beat (which is right now), i got a sealed box and the amp is mounted on the side (left side). and so if i get a ported box, what spot would be the best to mount it? side, top, or back? would it really matter and does it affect the way it sounds?

also.. i know there's that big3 vid posted somewhere here, but i have no sound on this comp so mybad if this is already answered but,
when exactly would the big3 upgrade be necessary? how many watts would u have to be pushin to consider it? i'm not the type to put major slap in the trunk, i don't need that much flex. most i'd ever do is prolly a single sub setup thats like 1000watts rms. my cars battery is a normal one and i think the alternator is stock. my headlights do dim a little bit, but i slapped a capacitor on there
grin.gif

would gettin better battery for the most part do the job?

best spot is on the seatback
big 3 is always necessary.. even if you're running 300 watts
ditch the cap, do the big 3, and get an xs power battery

Sup_ first time in here
nerd.gif

I'm looking to hook up a nice lil sub&amp in my car, nothing fancy..I have Alpine deck/speakers already.
I haven't had a system in 3.5yrs since getting my current car (Accord) but have some car audio knowledge. Anyway after some searching here's the set-up I'm considering..

Subwoofer (10") Phoenix Gold RSdC102

Enclosure - Long Ported (open to suggestions)

Amp - Eclipse XA1200

Amp Kit - Unsure, but might go with this

My bro will do install (doing car audio for 15+ years) so he knows how to tune in order to make it sound superb...I just need to gather the parts. As stated I'm not looking to blow windows out or win contests. Just wanna bump every once in awhile...Yay or nay?

Originally Posted by ienycepnoyi

i have a question...why is it when i adjust the balance on my HU to the all the way to the right, my subwoofer doesnt work but it works when its at center and all the way left. always wondered why it did that. i mean i always keep it in the center anyway but i was wondering if there was a connection that is wrong or something.
dont know anything about car systems, but my home system's sub has two RCA inputs....maybe yours is connected to the left input.

Anybody got a suggestion for a double din screen for me around 200 bucks ...Ive been looking online for a little bit and the one I had previously The Jensen Vm9223..Im finding that one for cheaper everyday.. I just wanted to know if there were any alternatives around that price range (200- 250)

TV tuner anyone? i'm about to pull the trigger on a TV tuner for my whip, just wondering everyone experience with one ....i'm reading that you wont get good signal while car is in motion with the antenna ....

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I have a 1999 jimmy
http://carphotos.cardomai...01/26255550001_large.jpg

thats not my car but you get the idea...

everything is currently stock but i want a decent sub and amp but have absolutely no idea on what type to get, I only got about $1000 in my bank account so I can't get anything too outrageous but I just want a decent amp and sub, what do y'all recommend?
double that budget and you'll have something to work with

unless u want half of it going to electrical

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Sup_ first time in here
nerd.gif

I'm looking to hook up a nice lil sub&amp in my car, nothing fancy..I have Alpine deck/speakers already.
I haven't had a system in 3.5yrs since getting my current car (Accord) but have some car audio knowledge. Anyway after some searching here's the set-up I'm considering..

Subwoofer (10") Phoenix Gold RSdC102

Enclosure - Long Ported (open to suggestions)

Amp - Eclipse XA1200

Amp Kit - Unsure, but might go with this

My bro will do install (doing car audio for 15+ years) so he knows how to tune in order to make it sound superb...I just need to gather the parts. As stated I'm not looking to blow windows out or win contests. Just wanna bump every once in awhile...Yay or nay?
Box is way too big

and i bet it's tuned very high
sick.gif

get one custom made from here

http://www.fishercustoms.com/index.html

go for 1 cubic foot tuned to 32hz

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Anybody got a suggestion for a double din screen for me around 200 bucks ...Ive been looking online for a little bit and the one I had previously The Jensen Vm9223..Im finding that one for cheaper everyday.. I just wanted to know if there were any alternatives around that price range (200- 250)
None really
ohwell.gif

look on ebay for a used pioneer avic d3..might be able to get one for 350-400

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Originally Posted by ienycepnoyi

i have a question...why is it when i adjust the balance on my HU to the all the way to the right, my subwoofer doesnt work but it works when its at center and all the way left. always wondered why it did that. i mean i always keep it in the center anyway but i was wondering if there was a connection that is wrong or something.
dont know anything about car systems, but my home system's sub has two RCA inputs....maybe yours is connected to the left input.

my alpine headunit only has one rca input (one red and one white) specifically for subwoofer (its labeled sub-w)
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

^ is that a sub in the place of a steering wheel?
roll.gif

straight ridiculous
Team Sundown/Nemesis members Derrick, DJ, and Justin built that 5 minutes from my house.

160dB's.

12-18" Sundown Nightshades + 12-2000D Sundown Amps + 2-125.4 Sundown amps.

25,000+ watts.

STUPID bass.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Thanks for reply, I'm relieved to hear a smaller box would be better..I'd hate to give up trunk space like that..I think a local place builds custom boxes so I might check 'em out..

ienycepnoyi -what kind of deck do you have? I'm also planning to hook up a ZUNE to my cda-9856 & mine has 3 line-outs (2 RCA)...

Back
Top Bottom