Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Who is this Allen guy?

And I ain't talking about Lavoy!!!Ray!!! Dude gets 2-3 shots per game now??? I know he's beat up ... But a lot of players are at this point!!!

Amazing how these Sixer fans are ghost until they win. You "handed" us game 1. I love it. You were "handed" the first round by a buffet of injuries and are pumping up your team like the '83 Sixers.

The series is 2-2, but if you think the teams have played equally well thus far you are blind.

Game 1- Celtics played slightly better
Game 2- both teams played equally bad, philly played better in 4th qtr
Game 3-Celtics played substantially better
Game 4- Celtics played very well in 1st half, and didn't play bad in the 2nd half, Philly just played outstanding.

Credit is due, congrats you guys will make atleast 6 games, but tonight was how a good playoff team should play at home, and they still were trash in the 1st half. Don't act like your team has been clicking on all cylinders in this series because games 2 was some ugly basketball and game 3 they got embarassed.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Amazing how these Sixer fans are ghost until they win. You "handed" us game 1. I love it. You were "handed" the first round by a buffet of injuries and are pumping up your team like the '83 Sixers.

laugh.gif
 Nobody is really hyping them up like THAT. Relax

We can't be happy about a win? 

Every time you post....remember that you're struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls...PLEASE REMIND yourself every morning that your team is struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls...i repeat your team is struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls
game 1, only the philadelphia 76ers can ruin a 10+ pt lead like that....correction.....sixers and the celtics can give up 10+ pt leads like that 

us sixers fans been here all season bruh....some of yall prolly check in during the postseason each year 

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

The series is 2-2, but if you think the teams have played equally well thus far you are blind.

Game 1- Celtics played slightly better
Game 2- both teams played equally bad, philly played better in 4th qtr
Game 3-Celtics played substantially better
Game 4- Celtics played very well in 1st half, and didn't play bad in the 2nd half, Philly just played outstanding.

Credit is due, congrats you guys will make atleast 6 games, but tonight was how a good playoff team should play at home, and they still were trash in the 1st half. Don't act like your team has been clicking on all cylinders in this series because games 2 was some ugly basketball and game 3 they got embarassed.

last time I checked the game was 4 quarters. It doesnt matter how bad you play in the first quarter if you are on fire and finish the game strong . And the sixers got embarrassed in game 3, the celts got embarrassed in game 4. They showed their age and fell apart after a beautiful first half

Not everybody who "roots" for the 6ers or has a negative comment about boston are 6ers fans.

Angelina+Jolie+Set+New+Film+Salt+3+7OqaxyikvJfl.jpg

you are the one who said this would be easy for the Celts 

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Every time you post....remember that you're struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls...PLEASE REMIND yourself every morning that your team is struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls...i repeat your team is struggling against a #8 seed who "got lucky" against a Roseless Bulls
us sixers fans been here all season bruh....some of yall prolly check in during the postseason each year 
They're not struggling against the 76'ers, they're struggling against themselves. They are their own worst enemy and it's been like that all season. Remember when you were in first place? Yeah... 
Every C's fan I see in here has been here for a while... nice try. We're not Lakers/Heat fans. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

They're not struggling against the 76'ers, they're struggling against themselves. They are their own worst enemy and it's been like that all season. Remember when you were in first place? Yeah... 
Every C's fan I see in here has been here for a while... nice try. We're not Lakers/Heat fans. 
nerd.gif
Yeah that was a long time ago, thanks for reminding me, when we opened the season playing against bums like the Wizards and Bobcats every night...did you forget how we slipped from 3rd to 8th? 
So your team just shuts off in the 2nd half? Your team? Keep in mind this Sixers squad is horrible in the 2nd half and closing out the game...and we outscored yall by 61-37 in the 2nd half? Looks like the Sixers team beat yall...give us credit Finns...you guys prolly might end up winning the series if we see more of the game 3/1st half of game 4 team....unless this sixers squad continues to surprise us 

What I don't get is that were all fake Sixer fan because what...we don't always post about it on NT for hours upon a day?

That type of argument always gets brought up in threads like this and it sounds dumb every time. 

posting about fav team on Niketalk = dedication, huh?

lulz. Dudes really can't handle losing to a Philly team. Least we aren't making up excuses.

JFMartiMcDandruff wrote:

Yeah that was a long time ago, thanks for reminding me, when we opened the season playing against bums like the Wizards and Bobcats every night...did you forget how we slipped from 3rd to 8th? 
So your team just shuts off in the 2nd half? Your team? Keep in mind this Sixers squad is horrible in the 2nd half and closing out the game...and we outscored yall by 61-37 in the 2nd half? Looks like the Sixers team beat yall...give us credit Finns...you guys prolly might end up winning the series if we see more of the game 3/1st half of game 4 team....unless this sixers squad continues to surprise us 

Oh I remember. I kept thinking it was fool's gold.
Team played stupid basketball and you cannot deny that. We turned the ball over so many times. I lost track of how many times Rondo made a bonehead mistake, he is a mental ****** and completely imploded out there. You guys wanted the game more, played hard in the 2nd half, when most teams would quit. I blame that on the C's for not stepping on the pedal up 17 points, and also credit the Sixers.

What I don't get is that were all fake Sixer fan because what...we don't always post about it on NT for hours upon a day?

None of that cocky talk until after the game, in a game thread, so yes. Hell, 99% of the C's fans I know of on this board don't post in here either, but they sure as hell don't come out of the shadows post game.
laugh.gif

it's a FACT that there aren't a lot of Philly fans on here; I am a 4 for 4 but the only team that generates talk on NT is the Eagles so his comments are asinine.

it doesn't

but yooo lets just celebrate this win right now
laugh.gif

edit: and we're not being cocky ! 
laugh.gif
 We're just celebrating a win. Did you want us to say something after that god awful torture game 3? What did we have to say? We gave great effort? yeah right...you know damn well i didn't want to make myself feel worse by checking this thread after game 3 lol...i was hurt 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

it's a FACT that there aren't a lot of Philly fans on here; I am a 4 for 4 but the only team that generates talk on NT is the Eagles so his comments are asinine.

I don't mean just Philly, I mean sports teams in general. I see it all the time on here.

We're not making excuses either, but you guys are straight delusional.

Really the celtics got emabrassed tonight? not at all, we didn't quit, we didn't brealdown because we were too old, we just didn't play good defensively. there were 10+ ties and lead changes in the 4th, congrats Igoudala made 2 big shots late lol after Williams and Evans were done chucking up wild jumpers.

Stop acting like the game couldn't have easily gone the other way. And we most certainly aren't struggling against you guys, you guys have 2 ugly wins, I can assure you that we won't be blowing anymore 15+ pt leads in this series, and I do believe we will have leads that big.

Damn I'm pissed we have 2 nights off, but I suppose we could use the rest.

laugh.gif
I'm done til Monday. Personally, on NT, I feel like there are a good amount of "Celtics fans" that don't post unless it's the Finals. The season threads were pathetic. So I won't disagree there. Not much support like other boards.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I don't mean just Philly, I mean sports teams in general. I see it all the time on here.
yeah I got ya...people act like there should be official threads and what not
I guess all my Sixers gear and going to games even when we suck makes me a fake fan 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

We're not making excuses either, but you guys are straight delusional.

Really the celtics got emabrassed tonight? not at all, we didn't quit, we didn't brealdown because we were too old, we just didn't play good defensively. there were 10+ ties and lead changes in the 4th, congrats Igoudala made 2 big shots late lol after Williams and Evans were done chucking up wild jumpers.

Stop acting like the game couldn't have easily gone the other way. And we most certainly aren't struggling against you guys, you guys have 2 ugly wins, I can assure you that we won't be blowing anymore 15+ pt leads in this series, and I do believe we will have leads that big.

Damn I'm pissed we have 2 nights off, but I suppose we could use the rest.

Only one person made the embarrassed comment fam...

Any rational person knows that wasn't an easily won game..but damn let us be happy for our team man. 
laugh.gif

I said myself I don't know how Philly won these ugly games, but they did.

I have the same expectations for the sixers like i did with the Flyers. neither team is built for a playoff run just too much youth.

I expected the Celtics would win in 5 so winning this game is huge for this young squad with no "go to scorer" or a playoff vet.. If the Celtics run away and win it in 6. I would consider this year a huge success. Sixers made it past a round, Iggy finally showed he can come through in the clutch. Just a couple things that were hanging around the sixers head.

I'm from Philly so I'm obviously a 6ers fan. Not as much of a fan as the Phillies and Eagles but you better believe I'm a fan. Great win tonight. After the first half I would've been surprised if we came within 7 points. To win the game was ridiculously improbable as well as awesome. I'm not one to come on NT threads and boast but this was just a great win. #ShowYaLuv
smokin.gif

55944535235517148673914.jpg

laugh.gif
I'm done til Monday. Personally, on NT, I feel like there are a good amount of "Celtics fans" that don't post unless it's the Finals. The season threads were pathetic. So I won't disagree there. Not much support like other boards.
that dude "deenyce" or whatever his name is only posts when the celtics are in the finals and only when they win games...so that means dude has probably only posted here for 7 celtics games since 2008

Glorious day. Lou, Iggy and Thad came through big time in the clutch. Must have been a great locker room to be in after the game. This team is finally growing before our eyes. We have all the momentum now after that epic choke job.

Back
Top Bottom