Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

yall quick askin for a move and they going to give you one

and its going to be some *@%% thats huff as hell watch

Even if Boozer did play all 82 games, then what? Is he really going to re-sign with us? CB is on nothing but his money. Us renting him for a year doesn'tmake us a contender in the east. One year is not enough! We need a long term fix

Casper, we want a move that makes sense. I don't want another Ron Mercer signing. You know exactly what I'm talking about

My bad Bulls fans for the three posts....

We need...ooops, they need to figure out something that will make this team a contender for the next 5-7 years in the east. The celtics will get old, so ourteam should be made to compete with Cleveland and Orlando.

I keep dreaming that LeBron is going to shock the world and sign with us in 2010. #!!% a flamesuit! Our team just needs to right their wrong ( losing BenGordon) and move forward by building a perennial contender.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Casper, we want a move that makes sense.

im saying, are offseason was either resign BG or let BG go. unless a bigman is on the trading block the team we have is the team we are going into the seasonwith

BigMike,

You're right that our offseason was based on BG. Bulls FAILED!

The next move has to be one that will bring us a clutch scorer that we can depend on. It should all be about long term decisions.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Casper, we want a move that makes sense. I don't want another Ron Mercer signing. You know exactly what I'm talking about

I can see myself crying if something of this nature were to take place
tired.gif

I don't think so Cake....I believe Bosh was out regardless. Whether it be with Bron or with us, I see him bolting Toronto.

Hedo weak as hell for falling back on his word to Portland. But on another plane, I wish BG would do the same and come back to the squad.

Reports have indicated the Bulls are interested in trading for the Utah Jazz power forward and there is a lot of truth to it. General Manager Gar Forman has already had discussions with the Jazz about sending Boozer to Chicago and talks could heat up even more in the coming weeks. The Bulls are looking to send Tyrus Thomas and most likely Jerome James to the Jazz for Boozer, the problem is the Jazz are talking to several other teams and may wait to find a better deal. Either way, the Bulls will at least make a strong effort at trying to get Boozer in Chicago.
grin.gif

Yo Cake, would you rather have Bosh or Wade. Because if you heard what Wade told Riley, there's a sliver of hope for the Bulls., and we cannot sign bothplayers for max deals.

Boozer for Tyrus??I dont see how we dont make that deal..Thats 2nd round ticket to the playoffs and if we get lucky ECF..Honestly i'll take Salmons over BGanyday..He can play the 2 and people dont realize how hurt he was playing in the playoffs..Salmons can take it to the basket,,shoot anywhere on the floor andis alot taller than BG..I love BG but we can have a solid season with Rose.Salmons.Deng.Thomas. Noah starting..I would sign A.I to a 1 yr deal it wont hurt

im still hoping that we can get somebody big next year. Im starting to want Bosh more than Wade as we already have a great driving guard in Rose, i really cantremember when was the last time we had a big man we could count on

Originally Posted by jmause3

im still hoping that we can get somebody big next year. Im starting to want Bosh more than Wade as we already have a great driving guard in Rose, i really cant remember when was the last time we had a big man we could count on

I've been asking for Chris since last yr... I would love to somehow score both but I know thats damn near impossible with whats transpiring
ohwell.gif

I mean, it makes too much sense doesn't it?

Another major multi-team trade might be looming in the NBA with the Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls having discussed a deal that would be headlined by Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources stressed to ESPN.com that no deal was imminent Thursday and that both Portland and Utah are still evaluating multiple trade scenarios. But two sources with knowledge of the three-team proposal confirmed that there have been substantive talks regarding a trade that would land Boozer in Chicago, Hinrich in Portland and Tyrus Thomas in Utah.

A deal featuring those main components would deliver the elite low-post scorer that the Bulls have been chasing for years in Boozer and furnish Portland with a lead guard in Hinrich that the Blazers are known to rate highly as a potential backcourt mate for Brandon Roy. It's possible that other players would be added to balance out the transaction from a salary-cap perspective if the three teams elect to take these talks further.

Yet even if this deal collapses, sources say it is clear that the Jazz are becoming increasingly open to the possibility of moving Boozer now to increase their financial flexibility to re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap.

Despite fresh reports Thursday about the Blazers weighing whether to sign Millsap to an offer sheet, Hinrich is the player Portland prefers, according to one source close to the process, after the Blazers came so close last week to landing the versatile Hedo Turkoglu.

Boozer has only one season left at $12.7 million after declining the option in his contract to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. It's believed that the Jazz are determined to keep Millsap but are concerned about the luxury-tax consequences of signing him to a long-term deal.

Nas, like I said in the offseason thread, no way Portland follows thru with this. Unless they rather have Kirk then Milsap.
smh.gif

This is a move that frees up the money for Utah to keep Milsap. And who would Portland be giving up in the trade?

I like Booz in Chicago, and Ty Thomas and Milsap in Utah would be nice, but too many holes in this deal. imo

i dont like that deal id like to hold on tell next year if we cant land nobody then start trading pieces plus i like kirk and ty(still think he will get ittogether)

arstyle27 wrote:
Yo Cake, would you rather have Bosh or Wade. Because if you heard what Wade told Riley, there's a sliver of hope for the Bulls., and we cannot sign both players for max deals.

Yea See Ummmmm....

9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
Ummmm....

I Mean Ummmm...

!!!!

As much as I want a low post presence I'm too guard orientated to pick Chris over Dwayne (even though I'm not a huge fan of him only athlete from thecrib I've ever publicly defecated on)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I mean, it makes too much sense doesn't it?

Another major multi-team trade might be looming in the NBA with the Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls having discussed a deal that would be headlined by Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources stressed to ESPN.com that no deal was imminent Thursday and that both Portland and Utah are still evaluating multiple trade scenarios. But two sources with knowledge of the three-team proposal confirmed that there have been substantive talks regarding a trade that would land Boozer in Chicago, Hinrich in Portland and Tyrus Thomas in Utah.

A deal featuring those main components would deliver the elite low-post scorer that the Bulls have been chasing for years in Boozer and furnish Portland with a lead guard in Hinrich that the Blazers are known to rate highly as a potential backcourt mate for Brandon Roy. It's possible that other players would be added to balance out the transaction from a salary-cap perspective if the three teams elect to take these talks further.

Yet even if this deal collapses, sources say it is clear that the Jazz are becoming increasingly open to the possibility of moving Boozer now to increase their financial flexibility to re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap.

Despite fresh reports Thursday about the Blazers weighing whether to sign Millsap to an offer sheet, Hinrich is the player Portland prefers, according to one source close to the process, after the Blazers came so close last week to landing the versatile Hedo Turkoglu.

Boozer has only one season left at $12.7 million after declining the option in his contract to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. It's believed that the Jazz are determined to keep Millsap but are concerned about the luxury-tax consequences of signing him to a long-term deal.

Kirk and Ty in order to get Carlos for 1yr???? I swear if they execute this deal I'm done with them. I will
around and become a Timberwolves fan and root for Jonnyor a knick fan
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Kirk and Ty in order to get Carlos for 1yr???? I swear if they execute this deal I'm done with them. I will
around and become a Timberwolves fan and root for Jonny or a knick fan
smh.gif

Kirk Hinrich is a valuable part of the team, but he's making too much to be a back up PG and Tyrus Thomas is expendable with the arrival of James Johnsonand Taj Gibson.

This gets the Bulls under the cap even more for 2010, so I'm not sure why you guys are against this trade.

Back
Top Bottom