Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Kirk Hinrich is a valuable part of the team, but he's making too much to be a back up PG and Tyrus Thomas is expendable with the arrival of James Johnson and Taj Gibson.

This gets the Bulls under the cap even more for 2010, so I'm not sure why you guys are against this trade.
Exactly The Bulls will have more money with Boozer and Miller contract ending and can have a better chance of getting Wade or Bosh with the moneythey will have

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Isn't Kirk coming off the books in 2010 anyway?
No, 2012.

And who would Portland be giving up in the trade?
They don't have to give up much (anything?) because they're under the cap.

I don't see the problem for Bulls fan. Did you expect to get more for Hinrich? Do you expect more because Thomas is included in the deal? Did you wantthem to wait and see if he makes a big improvement this year?

As someone already stated, if Boozer works out, they can re-sign him and still have the $ to go after Wade or Joe Johnson. If he doesn't work out, theBulls can go after Bosh & one of the guards.

The only drawback I can see is that it would take them out of the Bosh sweepstakes (unless Toronto values Noah as much as Thomas) if he goes on the marketbefore the trade deadline.

Edit:
Nas, like I said in the offseason thread, no way Portland follows thru with this. Unless they rather have Kirk then Milsap.
smh.gif

They already have Aldridge at the 4 and their goals for the off-season were to upgrade PG and SF. Hinrich fills an actual need; Millsapdoesn't.

NO way do I trade Hinrich and Tyrus for Boozer. Especially if we're not gonna hold on to him after this year.

Hinrich is very valuable on this team. He's gonna get a lot of minutes off that bench.

And you know what, I'll take Bosh any day of the week, but man....D. Wade in a Bullies' uni...its a wrap.

Anyone who watched Kirk in the playoffs against Boston knows that he's a valuable commodity. Hell, that's why Portland wants him so badly. Boozer istoo unreliable in my mind, and he's gonna want a ton of money after this season.

And who would you guys have backup Rose? Pargo I guess, right? Not many teams have a quality pg like Kirk, who can come off the bench play both guard postions,and defend the 1, 2, and even the three sometimes....just ask Paul Pierce about Kirk's defense. And I'm pretty sure the Bulls are already in greatshape to give a max deal out. I heard , they will be able to offer one max deal to a Bosh, James, or Wade, and add another solid vet. guy..think $5 mil per...

I dunno..whatever happens, happens I guess.

We need for Reisendorf to stop being so damn cheap....Boozer is a bad move, quote me dammit. A one year rental after giving up Hinrich, Gordon and Tyrus=Booboo

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

We need for Reisendorf to stop being so damn cheap
That'll be the day that Lebron releases the tape, it ain't gonna happen. Reinsdorf and his cheap and frugal ways screwed Bulls fans oversince I can remember. SMH.

I can't stand that we have such a miserly owner. If it were the Sox that bum would open up the checkbook.

Me and my uncle going back and forth but in the end we renting a player in the year where the Celtic already have won the EC. I don't like this move atall.

I can only pray that the Bears win the Superbowl cause the Bulls not looking like %$#+ at the moment.

I'm still a fan, gonna still use them on Ps3 and gonna still holla at the tv. I'm just so sick and tired of stupid #$$ moves that are #$$ backward.

i really dont understand what some of yall as fans want for this team

Free money time is up here, him and noah play the same postion PF and we drafted a PF in gibson in the 1st round this year.

I like Hinrich game but he is making WAY to much money for a backup PG, if you can trade him to get boozer then do it.

BigMike, I want some moves that will build us up for the long run. I think this is a knee jerk move to compensate for letting the leading scorer walk away. Wehave plenty of money to sign a Bosh/Amare next year.

Noah would be playing C alongside Boozer. I think we would do well only if we got Bayless in return from Portland. We need not dump our leading scorer and bestperimeter defender in the same summer.

The problem that I have is that we are playing the same game as the Knicks. Stockpile contracts and keep our fingers crossed. We are trading two players for arental.

There is nothing in this years FA market to help us in the long run and other then the MLE we have no money to sign anyone

Then in that case, stay out the market. They don't have to make moves just to make moves.

I will be the first one screaming and hollering if it works out this year and beyond, but I am looking at the big picture. IMO, after losing Gordon, I wouldwork with team I have and see if any GOOD offers come along. This would be totally different if :

a) Boozer wasn't a regular on IR (too late)
b) Boozer signs long term extension before trade is executed

Otherwise....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Hell, doesn't anyone wonder why he didn't get any clock from his college coach in the Olympics?

Then in that case, stay out the market. They don't have to make moves just to make moves.
bigmike u should be for this anyway. u preached that to me
laugh.gif

IMO, after losing Gordon, I would work with team I have and see if any GGOD offers come along.

thats how i see it. chicago will be a playoff team in the east regardless if they make the deal or not. they have time to weigh their options and i wouldmuch rather see them make an impact in 10' off-season than go after boozer for 1-year. getting boozer for 1-year and he leaves is pointless because hewon't put chicago over the top in just that 1 year.

now, if boozer signs an extension with chicago that's a different story.

and what happens if salmon goes down and hinrich is gone? the bulls have a lot less depth in the backcourt now than they do upfront. if they made that trade,they would have to somehow get some backcourt help. the bulls frontcourt already has james johnson, deng, miller, noah, thoamas, gibson and gray. compare thatto a backcourt of hinrich, rose, salmons and pargo.

I love Kirk but we know he's making 2 much $$ and with Deng Salmons and Rose hogging up all the minutes he becomes easier to let go now that they havePargo..We arent resigning Tyrus and to get boozer will be only more fire power..They still need a back up SG though off the bench

This year is a "throw away" season. Not in the sense that no one will care, but there will be no long term deals done until next off season. ThisBulls team, as is, may very well make the playoffs. The front office would never say so, but they are banking on landing a big gun. Carlos Boozer is not thatbig gun anymore, don't mortgage the future for a year. Hold on to these pieces, and then do what's best for the team.

"Rumor mill: Several people with knowledge of the Bulls' situation downplayed an ESPN.com report claiming the Bulls had engaged in substantive talkson a three-team deal involving Utah and Portland that would land them All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer. The report had Kirk Hinrich going to Portland andTyrus Thomas moving to Utah.

While Utah is gauging the trade market on Boozer, trading Hinrich from a thin backcourt without getting a guard in return makes little sense."

man i really dont know what to think of this team. I hate the fact that we are banking so much on next summer. Honestly i dont care too much if we get Boozeror not. Im more concerned with the development of Rose and Noah. I see Noah averaging double digit rebounds next year. Deng is on my +#@% list right now, imjust sick of him not being the player on this team. Hopefully being third to Salmons and Rose wijl help him

Originally Posted by jmause3

man i really dont know what to think of this team. I hate the fact that we are banking so much on next summer. Honestly i dont care too much if we get Boozer or not. Im more concerned with the development of Rose and Noah. I see Noah averaging double digit rebounds next year. Deng is on my +#@% list right now, im just sick of him not being the player on this team. Hopefully being third to Salmons and Rose wijl help him

You don't give a boy 80 million to be 3rd to anybody
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by jmause3

man i really dont know what to think of this team. I hate the fact that we are banking so much on next summer. Honestly i dont care too much if we get Boozer or not. Im more concerned with the development of Rose and Noah. I see Noah averaging double digit rebounds next year. Deng is on my +#@% list right now, im just sick of him not being the player on this team. Hopefully being third to Salmons and Rose wijl help him

You don't give a boy 80 million to be 3rd to anybody
smh.gif
To a Dookie you do
laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind if it was Kirk and Deng but please not Tyrus.

Tyrus was just turning the corner and becoming a better shooter and decision maker, can't let him go shine elsewhere.

Boozer has been in the league for what 7 years and has only completed 3 full seasons. Just don't think he's a good move for us.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

"Rumor mill: Several people with knowledge of the Bulls' situation downplayed an ESPN.com report claiming the Bulls had engaged in substantive talks on a three-team deal involving Utah and Portland that would land them All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer. The report had Kirk Hinrich going to Portland and Tyrus Thomas moving to Utah.
Who does Portland have to give up? Im not sure how this is a 3 team deal if only 2 teams are actually trading players.

Back
Top Bottom