Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Bulls vs. Hawks: Updated schedule

[table][tr][th=""]Game[/th][th=""]Date[/th][th=""]Location[/th][th=""]Time (CT)[/th][th=""]Network[/th][th=""]Radio[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Mon. 05.02[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]TNT[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Wed. 05.04[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]TNT[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Fri. 05.06[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]ESPN[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Sun. 05.08[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]7:00 p.m.[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]5*[/td][td]Tues. 05.10[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]TNT[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]6*[/td][td]Thurs. 05.12[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]ESPN[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]7*[/td][td]Sun. 05.15[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]TNT[/td][td]ESPN 1000[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by therenegade23

May 2nd 2010 NBA named James the MVP. Y'all think they'll award Rose the award next week before one of the games?
I'm guessing this Monday.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Wonder how bad Kirk is hurt...
this....

if its severe, then Rose will feast.

@McGrawDHBulls
mad.gif
TNT says right hamstring strain for Kirk Hinrich. That's not something that will be OK by Monday
Hammys are tricky.  Even if he can play by game 2, it's not going to help that he's checking Pooh. 

Iso-Joe against our D...not a good look. But the Bulls can't underestimate anyone going forward.

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]One other image stands out: With the Bulls up 36 on March 22 and dribbling the clock out, Hilton Armstrong stole the ball from C.J. Watson and sank a 3-pointer. The Bulls were furious.

And they haven't forgotten many slights this season.

[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 4057.story

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

^ I agree I just wanna win. I do hope it's in 4/5 though. Who would y'all like to see in the next rd? I'm on my i don't care vibe as long as we play like we have been.

^ I agree I just wanna win. I do hope it's in 4/5 though. Who would y'all like to see in the next rd? I'm on my i don't care vibe as long as we play like we have been.

From Sam Smith on bulls.com:

[h2]Bulls get Atlanta in Second Round
[/h2]Let’s take an early look at the Bulls and Atlanta Hawks in the Eastern Conference semifinals starting Monday in the United Center.
The Bulls won the season series 2-1 as the teams didn’t play for the first time all season until March 2, unusual on the NBA schedule. The Hawks won the first game in Atlanta behind a dominant performance from Al Horford, who had 31 points and 16 rebounds.

The Bulls then blew out the Hawks in the next two games, 94-76 back home March 11 and 114-81 in Atlanta March 22. Derrick Rose had at least 30 points the last two games, and now it is unclear the condition of former Bull Kirk Hinrich, who was carried off late in Thursday’s Hawks clinching win after scoring on a driving layup. The Hawks said after the game Hinrich suffered a hamstring injury and would have an MRI Friday.

Without Hinrich, who was acquired for Mike Bibby, the Hawks effectively have no point guard as backup Jeff Teague rarely plays. The Hawks generally use fellow former Bull Jamal Crawford as the backup point guard, though Crawford usually shoots. Crawford had a big first round averaging 20.8 per game coming off the bench and shooting 51.9 percent on threes.

The Bulls surely will be cautious and respectful, but this appears to be as good a matchup as the Bulls could get after a tough first round series. The Hawks aren’t a particularly physical team with only backup Zaza Pachulia playing tough. He’ll likely commit a flagrant foul or two in the series, and the Bulls probably would do well to use Kurt Thomas when Pachulia is in the game.

Thomas played well against the Hawks this season, averaging four points and eight rebounds playing in two games. Omer Asik also did well against Atlanta, averaging five points and four rebounds in just under 14 minutes per game. Despite playing so little, Asik was second on the Bulls in offensive rebounds against the Hawks.

The Bulls dominated Atlanta on the boards in the series with a 14-rebound per game margin. The Bulls had an 18-rebound edge the last two games when they won.

The Bulls held the Hawks to 42.7 percent shooting while shooting 47 percent and averaged eight more assists per game. The Hawks’ only edge against the Bulls was in three point shooting as they were an impressive 46.9 percent in the three games. Though Atlanta averaged just 80 points in the three games.

Rose, typically, led the Bulls in the three games at 25.3 per game with Luol Deng playing well, averaging 20 points against the Hawks. No other Bull averaged in double figures against Atlanta as Carlos Boozer averaged 8.5 points and five rebounds while missing one of the games with a sprained ankle.

Boozer struggled in the first round against the Pacers, shooting just 35.8 percent. The Hawks started Jason Collins at center in the only game they won, and they went with that lineup in beating the Magic. But back in that first game it was less for matchups as Josh Smith was out injured. Horford started at center for Atlanta in the last two games against the Bulls and the Hawks were dominated on the boards. They’ll likely try to stay bigger against the Bulls as Horford at center and Josh Smith at power forward didn’t work for them.

Frankly, I don’t see how the Hawks can get a game. Maybe they get one because you can miss shots. I may record the series and watch it after it’s over and watch the Celtics and Heat, instead.

I thought Magic coach Stan Van Gundy made a salient point about the Hawks in his post game following the Magic’s elimination. I still thought they’d win after being down 3-1 because I think so little of the Hawks.

Van Gundy was too discreet to phrase it that way, but basically Van Gundy said they were front runners. You know, get them behind and they give up.

“Five of the six games they had double figure leads,

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

Hawks in 6
Josh Smith & Al Horford > Boozer & Noah
sorry boys
pimp.gif

AND >..............HERE.............WE .......................GO

Hawks in 6
sorry boys
pimp.gif
Sure, if it were a 2 on 2 game the Hawks would definitely win in your scenario.

Hawks in 6
sorry boys
pimp.gif

only if the ball movement is right, we match up well with the bulls, but that 1 on 1 ball $!$% is not going to fly in the playoffs

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Hawks in 6
sorry boys
pimp.gif

only if the ball movement is right, we match up well with the bulls, but that 1 on 1 ball $!$% is not going to fly in the playoffs
agreed
bulls whooped the pacers cause they took advantage of their weak #!! post

thats not happening with horford and smith in the paint

Hawks in 6
sorry boys
pimp.gif

agreed

We out rebounded y'all by 14.5 reb per game in the 3 this season... y'all aren't strong down there bro
laugh.gif

Y'all have players who can go off the bounce and we have a great defense against that so... like I said... OH.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

agreed

We out rebounded y'all by 14.5 reb per game in the 3 this season... y'all aren't strong down there bro
laugh.gif

Y'all have players who can go off the bounce and we have a great defense against that so... like I said... OH.

outside of rebounds, boozer and noah were out of it during those 3 games though...
the hawks only lost cause D Rose went ham 30+ points 
sick.gif

The street pharmacist must be getting high off his own supply. One, you clearly didn't read the article that outlined the statistical dominance in every facet of the game. A blind man can see who is going to win. Two, you couldn't have possibly have watched the games. Otherwise, you woulda clicked cancel instead of post.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

agreed

laugh.gif

outside of rebounds, boozer and noah were out of it during those 3 games though...
the hawks only lost cause D Rose went ham 30+ points 
sick.gif

Thats a BIG cause....

Back
Top Bottom