Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Said it once and I'll say it again rose shouldn't be playing the whole 2nd half it's killing him he wasn't doing it all year but now you have him doing it every damn game and his body isn't used to it. And that's the reason he couldnt get past bron he was gassed

Your Right but who else is going to do something?
CJ Watson was never an approperate backup. He had upside, but you need your stars playing 36 minutes not 42.
He was so turnover happy that Rose had to play the entire second half at PG.
No you going at Mario Chalmers is not impressive either.\
Korver was buns has always been buns. Dont get me wrong hes a good shooter, and he has an decent advantage being 6"9 but he cannot defend anyone. So you put him at the 2 with him guarding the one or Mike Miller.
Mike Miller has always been a complete player and it showed.
If Bogans isnt going to hit open shots ( like he hasnt done all year) why not start Brewer? From the beginning of the year it made no sense and it makes less sense now that where in battles.
The flex cuts and such are ways to get Brewer involved and in rhythm.
Im not sure I put In Taj when he goes for that pump fake either.
Look you know Boozer is a hole anywhere that involves him moving latteral, but you didnt play Taj at all. Why try now.
I dont have too much of a problem with Rose taking jump shots at the end of the game.
When a guy is playing 4 ft off of you its best to make any contest difficult, because you arent getting past him w/o his superior length causing a block or turnover.
In ot he was flatout tired.
Miami does not set their Defense until Rose gets the ball. The lack of having someone else who can at the very least dribble across half court killed the Bulls.

At the end of the game Im watching Noah, Deng and Rose look at each other eyes glazed over and I knew.
Truth be told the Bulls Coaching has gotten them in this situation.
If your Tibbs, you know you almost always have to have some combination of Brewer, Bogans, Deng on the floor to defend James and Wade
You cannot play Korver more than 10 minutes unless hes scoring...

Originally Posted by ColdCity

were not getting OKC'ed quote me if you want trolls
Quotting you just like you said
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
..... But still great game Bullls Fans
pimp.gif
! Game 5 will be really fun
wink.gif
!

Realistically it's over but technically we still have a chance. It's disappointing but there isn't much you can do. We played as hard as we could and it wasn't enough. Sometimes you just have to admit that the other team is better.
Good luck to the Heat fans the rest of the way. Not those bandwagoners though.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Realistically it's over but technically we still have a chance. It's disappointing but there isn't much you can do. We played as hard as we could and it wasn't enough. Sometimes you just have to admit that the other team is better.
thanks for the kind words.. its hard to come by around NT being a heat fan... as much as you guys love some of you players, you guys need to let them go...  i want beasley back on the heat... but i bet you guys can get him for a simple trade... dude can score in so many ways.. rose, deng, beasley, boozer, noah that is a lot of length... 

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by illmatic34

thanks for the kind words.. its hard to come by around NT being a heat fan... as much as you guys love some of you players, you guys need to let them go...  i want beasley back on the heat... but i bet you guys can get him for a simple trade... dude can score in so many ways.. rose, deng, beasley, boozer, noah that is a lot of length... 
I definitely agree. I was for the Asik/Courtney Lee trade that fell through because I knew ultimately it would benefit us more in the long run. Asik played well for us in the playoffs, but let's be real; we have no offense outside of Rose. This series has made it evident we need offense at SG and off the bench as well. It's funny people tell me the Bulls are one player away from a championship but when it comes to Miami I think we need all the help we can get. Call me crazy but I'd package Deng/Boozer/Noah for D12. 
Whether we win or not, looking back it was a great season. I mean I wouldn't have imagined being this good this early. We get caught up in the whole Miami thing, but our team alone has done a great job. People forget Rose is only 22 and our team is one of the youngest in the NBA. We're Chicago and you'd be hard pressed to find any player who wouldn't play here. The future is bright.

^ it's easy to give props to a real fan man. I think I saw you in the 2008 draft lotto thread so at least you been around a minute. Still hope y'all lose can't lie nothing personaljust don't like the team that beat mine winning it all. All those riders hope they drown off championship champagne though. LolEdit: illmatic I wonder how u would have liked if tmac signed?

I never really post on NT, but I am a die hard bulls fan my entire life. I know with the right substitutions the Bulls can take the heat in these next three games, however that is only possible if OKC wins their next game. David Stern will not let the Heat win in 5 and let them sit around for a week if there is more money to be made. Any Chicago fan should be rooting for OKC, because if they win, the bulls will get the calls that Miami has been getting.

Obviously the Bulls have to play well to win, but ever since Game 6 of the 2001 western conference finals It became obvious to me that there is some shady bizness going on in the NBA.

Help us Oklahoma City, you're our only hope

Originally Posted by negetive00plxco

I never really post on NT, but I am a die hard bulls fan my entire life. I know with the right substitutions the Bulls can take the heat in these next three games, however that is only possible if OKC wins their next game. David Stern will not let the Heat win in 5 and let them sit around for a week if there is more money to be made. Any Chicago fan should be rooting for OKC, because if they win, the bulls will get the calls that Miami has been getting.

Obviously the Bulls have to play well to win, but ever since Game 6 of the 2001 western conference finals It became obvious to me that there is some shady bizness going on in the NBA.

WHATEVER.
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Low-key Thibs is too stubborn He keeps insisting in putting Korver when he hasn't done anything this whole series

Honestly This lost is soley are Derrick Rose i'm sorry both Luol and Boozer both showed up and scored 20 and shot over 50% Noah did his thing as well 14 rebounds and 6 assists. Rose 7 TO is unacceptable!

i was watching espn.. and they were showing rose's fg% ( from 5 fett or more???? )dropping every single game this series.. his legs are running out..

i was watching espn.. and they were showing rose's fg% ( from 5 fett or more???? )dropping every single game this series.. his legs are running out..

This is true but its not an excuse... everyone is tired at this point you have to finish.

I won't type anything to give any other fan any satisfaction of quoting later so just like in the series thread: "Good Game Heat Fans"

the heat are just the better team right now it was a great season and we will be contenders for along time. good luck heat fans in the nba finals 

Originally Posted by primetime21

the heat are just the better team right now it was a great season and we will be contenders for along time. good luck heat fans in the nba finals Very V
They've been playing great basketball since the playoffs began.  The Bulls future is very bright, but I hope management makes some moves to pull in a scorer next season to compliment Rose.  He can only do so much.  Great game last night though.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This is true but its not an excuse... everyone is tired at this point you have to finish.

I won't type anything to give any other fan any satisfaction of quoting later so just like in the series thread: "Good Game Heat Fans"
true... but not all 35-40 mins are the same...

Well looks like I'll be rooting for dallas, this has just been overall a crab +$# year for me, especially with sports first the green bay puckers fluke their way to a sb, and now these 3 ({})'s are about to go to the finals, but there's a silverlining to everything, this should show pax, that he can't compete for the next 5-6yrs with miami with this bulls team as constructed, as much as I want to go to the finals, I believe if we did that would've only made pax content with fielding this offensively inept team, next yr if there's a season . But if a championship came out it of then no one would mind, but he now has to see that fielding a great defensive team, that can't hit a jumper will only get you so far. Problem is we're not one player away, we can't depend on that slouch +$# boozer, so we're actually two players away.

Now, the good thing is, those two players are going to be available. One this offseason derrick rose HAS to work on that jumper somemore it improved, but those bad 3's killed us, I want him to become more of a pg and less iverson, eventhough he has no choice right now, I expect a big improvement in drose this offseason, which is saying something bcuz he's the mvp.
He has to stop gunnin' but we have to give him pieces to work with.
Now to those two players we have to get, we NEED a complimentary sg luckily there will be some available. I like jason richardson he's athletic, can shoot and drive to the rim. I like jr smith but feel jrich would work in our system better offensively & defensively. Now the move we NEED to make, we HAVE to get another dominant player, that's how miami beat us, they have 2 dominant ({})'s and complimentary velociraptor that can score, they have options we don't.

That being said we need to trade for d12, I know it may sound like a pipe dream to some but we have the contracts, bigs and picks they would want, charlotte's pick really helps us here, but if there is a season, and d12 has a punk +$# list like melo did, we should be on that list I think it will be LA, NY, and CHI on his list. LA will be our biggest competition, but I'm not sure orl wants to deal with the team that took shaq and get a center back with glass knees. But we have to wow them, and anyone should be available save rose. A package Of noah, booz, and draft picks for d12 and riddick or some throw in should suffice.

I know people will say what they want about them taking booz, but he will play better in smaller market(cle,utah) than he will in a big market like chicago.I think you have to put him in the deal,because he's on the bulls fans hitlist now. A team with drose and d12 will be able to compete with nd even beat miami, because our two biggest strengths will be their weakness( a pg, and c) and if they put lebron on rose he'll have jrich or deng on wade or miller and they can exploit that match up. I know pax loves his tough, scrappy defensive players but we won't Be able to beat miami with just a 2 guard, we also need another dominant player.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Honestly This lost is soley are Derrick Rose i'm sorry both Luol and Boozer both showed up and scored 20 and shot over 50% Noah did his thing as well 14 rebounds and 6 assists. Rose 7 TO is unacceptable!
So true and you have no need to apologize...it was on him and he accepted it. I was telling City last night, I really thought he had a higher basketball iq than that. We all seemed to be playing with no basketball sense in the end. You drive on bigger players and shoot over smaller ones. The free throw that would have won it, I'm semi over it...but bailing out their D with two heavily contested jumpers instead of driving is not what I expected of him. He also said he will learn from this, but how many times has he said that after high turnover games?

And to add to Cake's statement, tired is not an option at this point. Especially on the legs of a 22yo.

In my cooloff/walk away from the cliff moment last night, I told City I think that the media will go hard at Rose now. You all know how they build you up to tear you down. His humble demeanor and stellar play took him to the top and kept a lot of off the court stuff out of the media.

The Heat are a great team and they have great players. However, we gave ourselves that L last night. While we are young, nothing is promised to you. I hope that for the next five years both teams can stay healthy and battle it out in the ECF.

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDMANDMANDAMNDAMN
mad.gif

In the end, they still my team. It's a love affair I can never walk away from.

from realGM
[h3]Mike McGraw calls out officials of Game 4[/h3]
by JOHN on Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 am

Finally someone with balls calls out the pathetic officiating

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/5751

FOUL THINKING

The other talking point from Game 4 was the seemingly one-sided officiating. The free throw count had been relatively even for three games (68-67 Miami, to be exact).

So why did the Heat suddenly jump to a 38-22 advantage in free-throw attempts on Tuesday? Was it because Miami attacked the basket more? They didn’t. The Bulls dominated points in the paint 44-24.

Late in the third quarter, the Bulls led points in the paint 36-10 and trailed in free throws 23-8.

The Power Trio just seemed to get the benefit of the doubt more often than not. A Heat player flops to the floor, foul. A Miami star draws contact near the basket, foul. The Bulls drew plenty of contact around the basket and often didn’t get the call.

The flagrant foul on Carlos Boozer with 4:40 left was debatable, but didn’t appear to be a no-doubt flagrant call. Especially after what the Bulls endured in the Indiana series. Don’t forget, there’s a precedent in Bulls playoff history for a blood-drawing smack in the mouth not being ruled flagrant.

Boozer got his forearm into Chris Bosh on an attempt to stop a drive to the basket. Miami turned it into a 4-point possession and a 1-point lead.

2afd62b4eeeff291e462885fe3fb3382.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

true... but not all 35-40 mins are the same...

This is true... he shoulders a lot of responsibility so his minutes aren't necessarily the same but he's a big time player and big time players have to find ways to pull through.  I'm not denouncing the kid at all. He's been incredible and a god send to my city I just want him to pull through thats all.  It happens even the greatest misses and fails so as long as he keeps his head up, his confidence up, and keeps trying I can't ask for anything more of him honestly.  Just sucks to lose and I don't handle it well.

To address Ant: As far as his t.o's I mean he made some poor reads but the entire team did and that credit goes more to Miami's defense than poor bb IQ.. they scramble you up, rotate excellently and they're incredibly fast with great length so that happens. As long as he does in fact learn from it then it wasn't null in void.  As far as the officiating goes, I mean it is what it is and nothings going to change as sad as that may be. You have to live with it.  The one thing I will agree with you on is that nothing is promised... we aren't promised to get back here and I hope they realize that.

I wish there was someway we could trade for Dwight without having to give up Noah, his defensive versatility is something that's invaluable and the two of them would be amazing together. But that's a pipe dream I know.

Cake, I wasn't so much referring to the turnovers as i was the last shots he took in the end. He said earlier this yr "I came into the league driving and that won't change" SO while I am comfortable with him shooting and happy he is confident in his shot, you gotta drive that one in the end. Bron and Wade are pretty damn good shot blockers on the perimeter. Taking that jumpshot over him is low percentage. Getting to the basket is Rose. Although he has not finished at his normal clip in this series, he has to remain confident in the trait that got him to this point.

If it were Wade, the shot may have been less difficult. But in the end, I still feel you gotta go to the rack.

GO BULLS!

Originally Posted by negetive00plxco

indifferent.gif

I never give stone faces, it's been months

Anyone going to the game Thursday?

I was really disappointed in the meltdown/implosion last night. The Heat are just a better team right now.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Cake, I wasn't so much referring to the turnovers as i was the last shots he took in the end. He said earlier this yr "I came into the league driving and that won't change" SO while I am comfortable with him shooting and happy he is confident in his shot, you gotta drive that one in the end. Bron and Wade are pretty damn good shot blockers on the perimeter. Taking that jumpshot over him is low percentage. Getting to the basket is Rose. Although he has not finished at his normal clip in this series, he has to remain confident in the trait that got him to this point.

If it were Wade, the shot may have been less difficult. But in the end, I still feel you gotta go to the rack.

GO BULLS!

I was upset at first but as I watched the replay I saw that they were sitting on him waiting down there.  Korver has hit 3 shots in the past 3 games and his shot looked horrible that game.  He felt like he had LeBron off balanced enough to get the shot up, considering that he got the shot up on the possession before and damn near made it I can understand why he took that one.  Personally I wanted him to drive but he was dancing with him trying to see what the best option was... What Can You Do?!?!?! #shrugs

Back
Top Bottom