OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Not sure I'm liking what I'm seeing in the previews about the future of the Marvel Universe post Secret Wars. I get it you have to change things up every once in a while but it seems wayyyy to different for me. Almost like the Ultimate Universe is now the regular universe. Of course I'll give it a chance but I'm already skeptical .

To be honest I felt the same way... But last week wen I hit the comic book store I said f it and told them to put me on the pull list for everything... I'll read what I like and collect the rest
Exactly what are you reading/hearing that's so different? or like it's the UU is new normal.

Cuz I'm not really seeing it. The bulk of books are continuing with the continuity pre SW. There's a few that are clear fall out from SW but not more than the rest.

If anything for a while now I've got the vibe this is no different than the Marvel NOW campaign.

Not sure I'm liking what I'm seeing in the previews about the future of the Marvel Universe post Secret Wars. I get it you have to change things up every once in a while but it seems wayyyy to different for me. Almost like the Ultimate Universe is now the regular universe. Of course I'll give it a chance but I'm already skeptical .

A lot of aspects of the Ultimate universe that made it unique and appealing originally have been seeping their way into 616 for a while now. It's one of many reason they thought the Ultimate universe wasn't really needed anymore. Maybe 10 years from now they can do another imprint like that where people can do new and unique spins on things again.
That happened since 2006 to be real.

Only new thing I've seen is that Triskileon will be in the new MU.

A lot of aspects of the Ultimate universe that made it unique and appealing originally have been seeping their way into 616 for a while now. It's one of many reason they thought the Ultimate universe wasn't really needed anymore. Maybe 10 years from now they can do another imprint like that where people can do new and unique spins on things again.

I think Marvel is trying to cater to the movie fan rather than the comic fan. Movie fans don't necessarily buy comics but marvel wants their $ as well. By making these moves (like bringing in the black nick fury) makes it easier for the common fan to say oh i know that guy.... i

but still i don't know... i just think they are trying to hard to shake things up. Old Man Logan is a good story on its on but that doesn't necessarily mean i wanna see that character as part of the regular Xmen team going forward. X-23 as Wolverine.... nah ..just give me back my original Wolverine. Same goes with Cap, Thor etc. We just got an Amazing Spiderman #1 last year and now we're getting another one :\

I just look at this line up posted here and I see sooooo many future cancelled titles

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/1/887...ially-reveals-45-titles-that-will-start-after
Oh well this really has nothing to do with post SW.

This is just how things are at Marvel and fans are gonna have to pass or deal with it. Wolverine's dead like dead dead for the first time. He naturally gets replaced. That's comics. There's like 70 years supporting a move like that. Same goes for Cap and Thor. Ones old and the other is no longer worthy. New blood is brought in. I don't see what this stuff got to do with the movies.

Nick Fury Jr. is the black son of Nick Fury that's been around since like 2011. Nick Fury from the UU is not surviving. Jr. is younger so does different things from the movie version. White Nick Fury is still alive but lost his eternal youth and has now been forced to replace the Watcher after he killed him.

Stuff like new #1s all the time is due to the comic market. Marvel comics needs to make as much money as they can. Expect new #1s yearly from now on.

Last edited:
Looks like Secret Wars being expanded to 9 issues. I'm happy about that, although the end is going to overlap even more with the relaunch.

I'm more than happy. I see lots of complaining though. Some comic fans are so spoiled. It's basically a monthly event comic now which comics have usually been for decades. Not to mention books use to be bi-monthly.

We're still getting oversized issues and the main series has been great with a few really good tie-ins.

^ I'm with Master Zik Master Zik

Considering we're actually getting a large event comic worthy of being a large event, I'm good with whatever little changes they want to make. I've really enjoyed Secret Wars so far :pimp:

Plus I highly doubt the ANAD books launching are going to immediately spoil Secret Wars when all of those books are set 8 months after SW ends.

Ppl probably didn't pay attention but issues 7 and 8 were originally solicited to be 56 pgs each. That's 112 pgs. That's 5 and a half normal sized issued combined to be 2. That's insane amount of work. So many ppl simply don't know how this business works especially for artists and deadlines when editors are ware of how long they take to complete issues.

These hip hop variant covers just keep getting better :smokin

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kick-it-with-the-full-slate-of-marvel-hip-hop-variants

Can't wait for the hip hop covers... Gotta make my way to the comic store so I can scoop this weeks secret wars

Came up huge at my local shop today. Picked up 3 new comics and when I'm paying I'm looking at the display counter and see a Batman #1 New 52 for $75. I've been looking for that issue for a while and $75 is a very fair price. The owner of the shop was ringing me up and I made a comment about it and he says if I wanna take a look at it. Sure why not. I'm looking at it and he mentions the very very slight bends near the staple, nothing major still a 9.0 copy at the very least. So finally I say I'll take it and he knocks off another $10 off the price for me! Very stoked to get a copy for $65!

Is there a story arc or comic that comes directly after World War Hulk? Specifically one that references the event or has Hulk in it. Gracias

Is there a story arc or comic that comes directly after World War Hulk? Specifically one that references the event or has Hulk in it. Gracias
Well as you know Banner lost his Hulk powers for a bit there and was imprisoned. He mainly had cameos in other books during the Tony Stark head of SHIELD era.

Loeb's & McGuinness' Hulk Vol 2 was the next Hulk book that does mention and cameo Banner and where he broke out. So get that. After that pick up Incredible Hulk #600 and go from there.

This god fanm battle world stuff needs to end.
ANAD Marvel literally starts next week :lol: with like 7 new titles.

Before the set backs it was always going to end in Oct. Yall dudes need patience.

Well as you know Banner lost his Hulk powers for a bit there and was imprisoned. He mainly had cameos in other books during the Tony Stark head of SHIELD era.

Loeb's & McGuinness' Hulk Vol 2 was the next Hulk book that does mention and cameo Banner and where he broke out. So get that. After that pick up Incredible Hulk #600 and go from there.
ANAD Marvel literally starts next week :lol: with like 7 new titles.

Before the set backs it was always going to end in Oct. Yall dudes need patience.

It feels like this has been going forever and I want to get back to reading comics.

October is gonna be expensive I drop like 40-60$ a week on secret wars and variants covers now all new marvel is starting...

This is really cutting into my shoe money haha

Started reading Saga Vol. 5. I think this is my favorite comic title at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom